• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Paintball Over The Years Thread

Would you be interested in forming a paintball team in Edmonton, Alberta?

• YES... - IF I LIVED IN EDMONTON

Votes: 22 84.6%
  • YES...and I do live in Edmonton

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • NO

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
Airsoft is okay, if you‘re into recball, but you can‘t play speedball with airsoft. I‘m a die had tourney player, but occasionaly I like squid-bashing!!

lol obv its me Greg, I just happened to stumble upon this forum, Ive been meanin to get on msn I have a few more questions that you could probably help me with. My sis is always on the comp with it and Im always really busy, Ill catch you eventually.

Originally posted by iwillbunkeru:
[qb] Airsoft is okay, if you‘re into recball, but you can‘t play speedball with airsoft. I‘m a die had tourney player, but occasionaly I like squid-bashing!! [/qb]
recball?

Airsofting is better for milsim kinda stuff, an scrims, one round of airsoft I played lasted almost 2 hours, the longest round in paintball I played was 15mins. Strategy is also a big thing in airsoft games, not just play rambo an shoot as many guys as you can before being wasted.

Well and true, but I like to shoot my 19 rounds a second, and eliminate an entire team in minutes!! I‘m not disagreeing with you, I‘m just saying airsoft and paintball are two diferent worlds!! And I like mine better.

I‘ve played both, I dunno how you can compare them? Pball is for adrenaline junkies like me :p . I miss runnin through an entire team with them all "wtf just happened".

I play rec, got a Tippman A5, but im thinking of selling it off and getting into airsoft.. looks more fun for what im into.

Paintball‘s a good sport, if your into it.

Airsoft is more realistic(another big thing I like about it), the weapons actually look like the real thing, there magazine fed, etc.

Generally, in airsoft the people who play it are older(mostly all 18+) so the majority level is there, and everyone works together good as a team, etc.

I‘m 29 years old and i been playing pball for the last 14 years. My team has 4 x five man squads, and believe me, we are NOT all kids. Airsoft is good if thats your thing. Ours is speedball.

I play paintball up here in Alberta...me and my brother got a spot out in the woods where we play...made a bridge and a couple bunkers...i got a Tippy 98 custom with a Dye Ultralite barrel and a Flatline *tis sweet* i also got a Viewloader Genesis from wally world been playing for a couple years now...find it most enjoyable *nod*

I would play Paintball if they made a gun that shot hard and far enough.

I like the converted M-16‘s the Yanks use with paintballs for FIBUA. Wouldn‘t mind trying that. For now I‘ll settle with my home made rig. It works well slim, but I can‘t use it against anyone, something about "any projectile launcher that exceeds 500fps is a firearm" or something like that. It‘s too heavy to carry anyway. Y‘see, I started with an old firetruck and....
:D

you mean Simunition, Paintballs attached to 5.56 mm case. 330FPS I think. 8-( We got them up here too, Word on the street where using them this weekend. woot

Rather get hit with a 220FPS paintball.

Thanks, the name of the product left me for the moment. I figure if you‘re going to run around the woods, kit up and take an actual firearm w/ simunitions. How PC is that? :D

ENZO
Anyone that builds a paint gun using an old firetruck certainly has my attention...WOW.

Did you kill anybody with it...Or did they make you stop before you fired?

And can I be on your team!?

I was the OC of recruit companies driver at the PPCLI battleschool for a time. The guy was a paintball nut. He would make me go along with him whenever he went to play.
It was actually kind of fun and wqas good for several afternoons a week off...Only trouble is I couldn‘t dare loose!

Cheers Slim.

Originally posted by Robert KM:
[qb]Rather get hit with a 220FPS paintball. [/qb]
220?? Maybe indoor with rental players, all tournys I ever entered were up around 290.

290 with my setup was sic, Angel Speed dust black with pipe kit and a bunch of other upgrades, Clr egg2 with y-board, 68/4500 pure energy, thing shot darts up around 18bps. Used a 2k1 impulse with vert reg, angel high rise, and magneto trig as a backup.. I loved that thing

yeah paintball and airsoft are two totally different worlds.
paintball you can go to just about any field and there will be players, airsoft you have to actually organise the games to get people there.
equipment set ups are entierly different as well.
personally; I hate simmunation, I find it horrible.
I‘m on MSN all the time FutureTroopie, just get me on there whenever you can.
Greg

i used to play paintball tourneys all the time i was the manager at area 51 paintball for a while and the captain of bad mojo, and the d boys. Played several other tourneys with full blast and then left to play Nppl vegas and chicago.

But those days are long gone now, just a lil rec on and off with my PGP...

You guys should checkout www.thetrpc.com for the toronto recreational paintball club.

Originally posted by Yeoman:
[qb]I‘m on MSN all the time FutureTroopie, just get me on there whenever you can.
Greg [/qb]
Call me Brad.. Ill try to get on tonight, lol Ill have to beat my sister with a stick.

Back