• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The RCAF's Next Generation Fighter (CF-188 Replacement)

There's this Bombardier solution at la Presse:

DL33uP0VQAAZ9Fb.jpg

The company's current "Specialized Aircraft":
http://www.bombardier.com/en/aerospace/specialized-aircraft.html

Earlier Missileer:

douglas-f6d-missileer-fleet-defense-fighter.jpg

https://www.militaryfactory.com/aircraft/detail.asp?aircraft_id=1401

Mark
Ottawa

Altair said:
I thought the Rafale didn't use the same armaments as the CF 18s?

Eurofighter and Gripen do.

What I can find
https://www.dassault-aviation.com/en/defense/rafale/a-full-range-of-advanced-weapons/

There is another source out there that states it is NATO Stanag 2910/1553 compliant and has already used US weapons.

Altair said:
They got elected way it they wouldn't buy the f35.

They literally said it at rallies and stood across the country.

They said it during the debates.

Canadians said, "sure" and elected the liberals. So Canadians either said sure, or weren't put off enough by not buying the f35 to not vote for them.

Either way, it's political, Canadians elected them while that was one of their campaign promises.

Get over it. You might not like it but the will of the people and all that.

:nod:

Exactly!

Just as they did in the past, promising to cancel NAFTA and eliminate GST.  Promises made during an election.

Altair said:
They got elected way it they wouldn't buy the f35.

They literally said it at rallies and stood across the country.

They said it during the debates.

Canadians said, "sure" and elected the liberals. So Canadians either said sure, or weren't put off enough by not buying the f35 to not vote for them.

Either way, it's political, Canadians elected them while that was one of their campaign promises.

Get over it. You might not like it but the will of the people and all that.

I take that you don't know of Jean Chretian.

FSTO said:
I take that you don't know of Jean Chretian.
i take it that you think I liked jean Chretian.

I did not.

So taken that Jean and Justin are not the same people (same way people are telling me Steven and Andrew are not the same person) what does jean have to do with anything going on today?

Good2Golf said:
:nod:

Exactly!

Just as they did in the past, promising to cancel NAFTA and eliminate GST.  Promises made during an election.
past=/=present.

The Collective I mean the Liberal Party does not change that much Jean was right their guiding the young one on the path.....

Change the figurehead, but leave the hull and sails intact, and HMCS Liberal is pretty much the same pirate ship before and after.

The world is replete with institutions and people.

Institutions outlast people.  The Liberal Party is an institution.  Just like the Church, families and cities.

Loachman said:
Change the figurehead, but leave the hull and sails intact, and HMCS Liberal is pretty much the same pirate ship before and after.
that's a horrible way to look at things. It's why we get people who would vote for a cat as long as it was a conservative and a dog as long as it is a liberal.

It allows parties to take certain voting blocks for granted. It's why some people will never give another party the benefit of the doubt.

I judge each party on what they are doing today as opposed to what they did months past. If I just assume every conservative party will be like the party of Harper I will never vote for them for the rest of my days.

If I assumed every liberal party of Quebec was like jean Charest I would never vote for them again.

Ten, twenty years from the fact, that seems a little bit ridiculous.

The Liberal party had a chance to renew itself, but didn't a bit like a Phoenix that only smouldered a bit, your left with some new bits tacked onto the same old carcass.

AlexanderM said:
In my mind the only way it won't be the F-35 is if we see a Super Hornet type quote in which the cost is highly elevated, but if we see the proper, clean quote that we should see as an F-35 partner, we will buy the aircraft. I'm thinking JT just wants to push this into the next mandate where he won't campaign on not buying the F-35.

We got that.... we've had that for seven years. The Next Generation Fighter's costing from 2010-2014 is still accurate, if not higher than what it actually is because of several cost reduction efforts like the upcoming batch buy.

http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/about-reports-pubs/next-gen-fighter-annual-update-2014.page

It kinda makes me laugh they keep this page up, given their previous scrubbing efforts.

BTW, the Australian Hornets are the best of a bunch of bad interim purchase options. I'd rather see them than anything else in this case, even the F-35. We need to do an entire fleet renewal, or nothing at all.

Colin P said:
The Liberal party had a chance to renew itself, but didn't a bit like a Phoenix that only smouldered a bit, your left with some new bits tacked onto the same old carcass.
what party has completely renewed itself?

Altair said:
what party has completely renewed itself?

None, they have their core beliefs, their core repository of lore.
If you think that Jean Chretien's legacy has not influenced Justin then you are quite naive.

FSTO said:
None, they have their core beliefs, their core repository of lore.
If you think that Jean Chretien's legacy has not influenced Justin then you are quite naive.
So should I not vote conservative because Harper influenced Sheer?

Altair said:
So should I not vote conservative because Harper influenced Sheer?

You can vote for whomever you want. I am pointing out to you that the Liberal Party of Canada (since Louis St Laurent term as PM) has never had the best interests of Canada in mind when it comes to its National and International Defence of Canada.

Canada and US may enter new Free Trade Agreement without Mexico.

I know some of you feel that this should not affect military orders but I feel we have to get this worked out before moving forward. Canada gave up its own defence industry to join the North American Defence Industry and we need to know what America First means in that relationship. The Bombardier situation and that Super Hornet quote are a bad sign so if that is going to continue we may have to reestablish the Canadain Defence Industry.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-washington-trump-ways-and-means-1.4349528

AlexanderM said:
Canada and US may enter new Free Trade Agreement without Mexico.

I know some of you feel that this should not affect military orders but I feel we have to get this worked out before moving forward. Canada gave up its own defence industry to join the North American Defence Industry and we need to know what America First means in that relationship. The Bombardier situation and that Super Hornet quote are a bad sign so if that is going to continue we may have to reestablish the Canadain Defence Industry.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-washington-trump-ways-and-means-1.4349528
Things keep getting better. Canada should have it's own defense industry

I think it shows just how ignorant president Trump is (and I would say, also, our own PM).

The Canada / US Free Trade Agreement is still valid, operational and ongoing as is. The NAFTA has, as one of its fully agreed term by all three parties, that, so long as it (NAFTA) remains in force, the Canada / US Free Trade Agreement's clauses are suspended.

Kill NAFTA and, without any requirement for negotiations or any new agreement, voila! The Canada /US FTA automatically is in full force and applies again.

Back