• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Seal Hunt Mega-Thread

Springroll said:
I am a Wiccan and our saying goes "An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will". Yes I am going to join the army and serve my great country to ensure that my children, grandchildren and great grandchildren can have the same freedoms as I do, such as the freedom to pick a religion that they feel close to.
Double, double toil and trouble... run for the hills boys.  ;)

"At least I am a cute witch...lol"

- And modest, don't forget modest. ;D

So, is the planet running out of Presbyterian seal-clubbers, or what?

Tom

Hey Fry where do you hunt? and what do you hunt? I love to hunt, but rarely have the chance.

I am a hunter. Thus my icon with the moose on the table  :)

Springroll said:
Why thank you little fry...that is so kind of you   :mad:

Ohhh, now I know, you're the wiccan that was on that other board! ::)

Anyway, back to the topic again.

Hunting?

The majority of the animals I hunt are rabbits, grouse(both spruce and ruffed), ducks(all kinds), moose when one of us get a license... same for caribou. I shoot squirrels by the dozens, and I love it. Umm, if any foxes/coyotes/cats get on our rabbit trail, they're also toast.

Methods of hunting... well, I snare rabbits/grouse mostly. For those who don't know what a snare is, basically it's a piece of wire that strangles the animal.

The rest are shot.

I dunno, I find that hunting is an amazing way of life. It develops a person bigtime. Nothing like buckfever on your first shot. Buckfever is the pump of adrenaline you get when you're about to squeeze the trigger and the gun won't stop shaking, LOL.

Seals... not so easy to kill now a days, especially with all the tree-huggers around. Also, shooting seals is more dangerous than clubbing IMO, because on the ice, there are no trees/hills to stop the bullets if they  should miss the target. Given that you'll probably be aiming on a downward angle, the chance is still there, and if you're at the seals, then there's bound to be plenty more there too. Clubbing is cheaper too, the only cost is the club. Usually gets the job done in one good thunk.

If people are so mortified by our way of life, then prehaps they should look at some of the eastern cultures, and their ways of life. Or prehaps they should just mind their own business. The only people who can truely complain about the seal hunt are vegan hippies, and well I don't have much respect for them anyway because animals are here to be eaten, and I like eatin' em!

"I am a hunter. Thus my icon with the moose on the table "

- So,....  you gonna eat all that moose yourself?

;D

Tom

fried moose strips in onions and potatoes... with gravey... MMMMM. better yet, flipper pie! Tasty indeedy.

Had some moose steaks last year that were fantastic!  Mmmmmmmmm  A shop that sells wild game just opened up around the corner from me.  Supposed to be great shop.

moose burgers are awesome, so are seal burgers, only had em once though.

so is flipper pot pie .. had that caned and sent to a friend in khandahar  it was goooood :D

bottled anything is good... I really like bottled mussels in vinegar. MMM.

Tom - Help yourself. With the big critters, there's always more than enough to go around..  On my elk hunt this year I plan on taking a frying pan, and to just keep eating until he's light enough to pack out in one trip....  ;)

Back