• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Seal Hunt Mega-Thread

Strike said:
Semper,   as for the leather issue, you do realize that when you get in, your boots will be leather, right?

"sometimes there just arent enough rocks.."  -Forrest Gump

AKKK

Okay I read thru this whole thread (I want 45min back please)

Britney - current technology suppressors actually add 30-45 fps to the muzzle velocity.

I dont judge Seal clubbers, and they occupy a valued societal role: it keeps all the screaming loons who bitch at them away for me  ;D

I used to hunt -and I still enjoy eating wild game, but I have more empathy for the animals than I do most people - especially the people the Army wants us to bag.  It is a valuable training tool, for fieldcraft and shooting. 

SF,

It's a valid question.  I mean, your personal ethics keep you from wearing fur or leather.  I'm just wondering to what extent you are willing to change your ideals when you join up.  Will it be a huge issue to you?  Will you give them up?  Or will you find a happy middle ground?  After all, the leather that is used for the boots and gloves will be coming from an animal that is slaughtered for its meat as well, right?

Its a valid question definitely...
Will I always want to do Pt? no...will i do it?   YES
Will I always want to put my hair up into a bun so tight my hair line will be half way past my occipital bone the time Im 30? no..will i do it...YES
Will I always want to get up at 5 am? no will i do it? YES
Will I suck it up and do what needs to be done in order to serve this amazing country and its inhabitants (animals included) YES
Will I sacrifice my safety in order to bring peace and stability in places where such things are scarce?   YES
Will I sacrifice some of my rights and freedoms in order to protect the rights and freedoms of those who more than not take them for granted? YES

I think theres a pattern emerging here...NUFF SAID.

SemperFidelis said:
Its a valid question definitely...
Will I always want to do Pt? no...will i do it?   YES
Will I always want to put my hair up into a bun so tight my hair line will be half way past my occipital bone the time Im 30? no..will i do it...YES
Will I always want to get up at 5 am? no will i do it? YES
Will I suck it up and do what needs to be done in order to serve this amazing country and its inhabitants (animals included) YES
Will I sacrifice my safety in order to bring peace and stability in places where such things are scarce?   YES
Will I sacrifice some of my rights and freedoms in order to protect the rights and freedoms of those who more than not take them for granted? YES

I think theres a pattern emerging here...NUFF SAID.
yeah, but...
are you gonna wear the boots? You didn't answer the question.

The only way putting your hair up would compare with this question would be if there was some moral obligation (religion for eg?) compelling you not to.

And unless you worship the soft spot on your couch as your primary religion, the PT comparison would be out too.

editted to add...

I see the boot question to you as similar to asking a Buddhist how they could serve in the military, when their whole ethos is to do no harm.

Is this thread serving any purpose?  I'm going to eat some dog, and I hope to see something of value by the time I get back.  Like Kevin, I'm mad about losing 45 minutes here.

Interesting to see how we got here from " is it good or bad to bash fluffy the cod slayer's head in?"

Perhaps we should put something about vegans/vegetarians in the FAQ? It certainly must be the most clubbed-to-death topic around here, right up there with tacvest bashing and Women in the infantry.

Britney Spears said:
Perhaps we should put something about vegans/vegetarians in the FAQ? It certainly must be the most clubbed-to-death topic around here, right up there with tacvest bashing and Women in the infantry.
Infatry women, wearing tacvests, clubbing things.

Or going clubbing, for that matter.
Certainly produces an interesting visual.

you just never mind where my tongue is, little missy!

This thread is heading straight for the Radio Chatter forum! Or Infy-poo is just gonna kick all our asses.

I would have a lot more sympathy for anti-leather fanatics like Chrissy Hinde (the 'Brass in pocket' girl), and Pamela Anderson if they wore latex as a symbol of protest.  Maybe even a latex tacvest.  accessorized with a naugahide club.

Tom

SemperFidelis said:
If you're referring to me looking like a celebrity perhaps...but I wouldn't be caught dead in real fur or leather...even fake.

Guess you won't make it in the army. Combat boots are made of leather. And I just don't quite see them making non leather boots for you because "You won't be caught dead in them".

PS should have read all the way thhru this thread before posting

Strike said:
I see the boot question to you as similar to asking a Buddhist how they could serve in the military, when their whole ethos is to do no harm.

I am a Wiccan and our saying goes "An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will". Yes I am going to join the army and serve my great country to ensure that my children, grandchildren and great grandchildren can have the same freedoms as I do, such as the freedom to pick a religion that they feel close to.

seals.jpg

Back