• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"The stuff the army issues is useless" and "no non-issue kit over seas!"

sjm said:
Point is the troops don't eval because it's been demonstrated over many decades that they don't care.
Hundreds of UCRs might suggest otherwise.

Many grunts aren't even aware there are much better alternatives out there, and when they do see something they can't beleive they've been saddled with junk when there is a much better alternative.

Canadian Sig said:
I'll happily take my old 64 pattern over with me this spring. I just wish they would get me a bag that actually carries a radio, spare batteries, spare ammo, med supplies and water.....comfortably.  :crybaby:

Guess I'll just have to hunt up my own. Suggestions???  ;D

Check out the Camelbak Moterlode, it's working out pretty well for me, an a buddy of mine used it on 1-06 an had no problems at all with it.

-Skeletor- said:
Check out the Camelbak Moterlode, it's working out pretty well for me, an a buddy of mine used it on 1-06 an had no problems at all with it.
What colour do you have it in?

DirtyDog said:
What colour do you have it in?

Well, if it isn't cadpat AR ... CTS has now come out with an AR cover for camelbaks (see ppt update briefing in earlier post in this thread) ...

We've only been there since 2002.  ;)

That AR CADPAT cover is meant for only the bladder an carrier(dunno the actual name of it), the motherlode is a camelbak back pack.

My Motherlode is in Desert MARPAT.

-Skeletor- said:
My Motherlode is in Desert MARPAT.

Sarcasm on ...

The world will end ... non issued camelbaks?? In the right colour for desert ops!!??!! Egads ... say it isn't so ... especially right off the rack without spending millions to trial, test, ergo, and evaluate -- it just can't be possible.

ArmyVern said:
Well, if it isn't cadpat AR ... CTS has now come out with an AR cover for camelbaks (see ppt update briefing in earlier post in this thread) ...

We've only been there since 2002.  ;)

Funny I have only been making AR covers since 2002...glad to see CTS has caught up...bet that was a tough trial to approve...open cover, drop in camelbak

riggermade said:
Funny I have only been making AR covers since 2002...glad to see CTS has caught up...bet that was a tough trial to approve...open cover, drop in camelbak

If it weren't so true -- it'd probably be funny.

Eerily ... I don't think operational kit taking so long to get into the system when the troops need it NOW ... is a laughing matter (yet your post still made me chuckle) -- how ironic.

MedTech said:
CTS = irony/oxymoron...

They aren't all bad ... and there is some good kit put out by them.

It's the bad kit and the problems noted with it by the pointy end that needs addressing ... not excusing or writing off as a "user problem or user error or lack of education on it's proper use."

We've already noted that those kit items (and everyone knows what kit items they are) DO NOT work on the front line when "as per the CTS user-guide" and instructions ... that is the VERY reason why it's being modified (or mags are being stored in places they shouldn't have to be) or off-the-rack items are being purchased by members instead.

sjm said:
Why do you really think we only load 28 rounds in a 30 round mag?  To keep the springs fresh?  I could get new mags every week if I wanted...it was to save weight!

Flawed Design said:
So you denied yourself 20 rounds out of your 10 mags to save weight? Is that a wise thing to do? You're given 10 mags for a reason, if the army wanted you to go into battle with 9 mags they would have issued you 9 wouldn't they have?

Let me sort this shit out right now....You put 28 rounds into your 30 rd mags not to save wieght, but to ensure your mag seats rapidy and properly during your speed and tactical reloads. So you do not have to waste time and effort in slapping the bottom of the mag to make sure it is seated after insertion.

But if you let your gun run dry for every mag change...I guess 30rds in would be good for you to load.

ArmyVern said:
They aren't all bad ... and there is some good kit put out by them.

It's the bad kit and the problems noted with it by the pointy end that needs addressing ... not excusing or writing off as a "user problem or user error or lack of education on it's proper use."

We've already noted that those kit items (and everyone knows what kit items they are) DO NOT work on the front line when "as per the CTS user-guide" and instructions ... that is the VERY reason why it's being modified (or mags are being stored in places they shouldn't have to be) or off-the-rack items are being purchased by members instead.

That's true, the fleece is good, so is the mortar glove. I agree, there are some (limited) things that are HOO AH, but too many problems over shadow these nice little bits.

Infidel-6 said:
FYI putting 30 rds in a 28rd mag is a bad idea -- I dont care who says its a 30rd mag -- realistically unless you have the Hk mag or the PMAG 30rds reduce the easy to reload bolt foward - and reduce your reliability...

Stef is nto a douche BTW -- misguided in this instance yes...   Much like old Mortarman Rockpainter once was...

Who ya' callin' old?  Oh...wait...that is right, I am old.  Sorry, carry on.....

Mortarman Rockpainter said:
Who ya' callin' old?  Oh...wait...that is right, I am old.  Sorry, carry on.....

Dave, embrace your inner dinosaur.

Bomber said:
Anyone from Shilo interested in commenting on their rucks today or tomorrow?  See you all in Edmonton next week to teach you how to assemble, wear, and use your new rucks.
Now soldiers, who are smart enough to get dressed in the morning, all on their own, have to be taught how to do all that, in a four hour lesson, no less?  Who says that this ruck is "user friendly?"  My god...what have we become?

Oh, FYI, the TV "can" carry ten mags IF you decide to not carry water.....::)

Mortarman Rockpainter said:
Oh, FYI, the TV "can" carry ten mags IF you decide to not carry water.....::)

Actually you can carry 16 mags C7 mags (4 on chest, 6 per side square pouch) in the TV. As for carrying water....what did they issure Camelbaks for?

St. Micheals Medical Team said:
Actually you can carry 16 mags C7 mags (4 on chest, 6 per side square pouch) in the TV. As for carrying water....what did they issure Camelbaks for?
I imagine that Camelbaks are for water...but then again, the troops are carrying too much water as it is, right? [/sarcasm]

Back