• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The War in Ukraine

Scratch some more turtles, likes like Arty immobilized and FPV SUAS to finish.
After watching that video it struck me as to who's going to be another 'winner' of this war - its going to be rich and powerful men of Turkey and the Gulf States in expanding their stable of young, blond and beautiful Russian girls from the ages of 22-30 because those poor girls are going to have no young Russian boys/men left to marry and start a family with. The same very well might be said for the Ukrainians girls as well sadly....

After watching that video it struck me as to who's going to be another 'winner' of this war - its going to be rich and powerful men of Turkey and the Gulf States in expanding their stable of young, blond and beautiful Russian girls from the ages of 22-30 because those poor girls are going to have no young Russian boys/men left to marry and start a family with. The same very well might be said for the Ukrainians girls as well sadly....
Lots of wealthy North Americans too

Russian demographic pyramid can be found here: Population Pyramids of the World from 1950 to 2100

Basically, they have about 8 million men between 20-30 years old. The Ukrainian data can be found at the same link; they have about 1.2 million men in the same age range. However, an unusually high percentage of the Ukrainian Army is older than 25 due to some of their mobilization policies which (until quite recently) avoided calling up younger men.

Even taking some of the more pessimistic estimates of casualties, the two parties are still a long way from suffering the sort of bubbles that were observed in 1920s France (Demographics of France - Wikipedia) or 1950s USSR (File:Population pyramid of the Soviet Union in 1950.svg - Wikimedia Commons).

Neither side is likely to run out of manpower; the bigger risk is that they will be unable to sustain support for the war if they have to resort to increasingly draconian methods to fill the ranks. There is a reason that the Russians have been emptying out the prisons rather than call back huge numbers of former conscript soldiers.

Some commentary on Russian and Ukrainian artillery operations. "Visible like Volochkova" is apparently a reference to a Russian ballerina who is famous for being oversized in comparison to her peers.

"Stick out from the shelter like Winnie the Pooh's Ass."

Nice to see some Canadian content ... and I'll strive to use that phrase at every opportunity from this point on ;)

Not sure if this has been independently verified - but have a read.

Russian ship Admiral Levchenko on fire in Barents Sea, Ukrainian official claims

Russian ship Admiral Levchenko on fire in Barents Sea, Ukrainian official claims​

Russian anti-submarine ship Admiral Levchenko is burning in the Barents Sea after an engine malfunctioned and caught fire, Dmytro Pletenchuk, press chief for the Southern Defense Forces of Ukraine's Armed Forces, said on June 10.

Russian ship Admiral Levchenko on fire in Barents Sea, Ukrainian official claims

Russian ship Admiral Levchenko on fire in Barents Sea, Ukrainian official claims​

Russian anti-submarine ship Admiral Levchenko is burning in the Barents Sea after an engine malfunctioned and caught fire, Dmytro Pletenchuk, press chief for the Southern Defense Forces of Ukraine's Armed Forces, said on June 10.
Such a shame.... Would be a shame if even more Ukrainian engines decided to spontaneously combust...

Some good news for the Ukkies.

US to Send Second Patriot Missile System to Ukraine​

The New York Times reports that a second Patriot system will be transferred from Poland, where it currently protects American rotational forces, to Ukraine.

Some good news for the Ukkies.

US to Send Second Patriot Missile System to Ukraine​

The New York Times reports that a second Patriot system will be transferred from Poland, where it currently protects American rotational forces, to Ukraine.
To be fair, if I were Turkey, I would be pissed too...

<Quick geopolitical quiz as to why!>

Why? Turkey chose the S400.
I was just in a goofy mood earlier...don't mind me

True Turkey did choose the S400, but only after the US denied Patriot sales to them a handful of times over the course of decades

The US sold them to Greece & Saudi Arabia, but wouldn't sell them to Turkey - a NATO ally and a solid rock in US foreign policy during the GWOT & Cold War.

So to have them now speculating on deploying some to Ukraine (where I inagine they'll train Ukranians to use them and leave them behind) who isn't even a NATO ally...

I was just in a goofy mood earlier...don't mind me

True Turkey did choose the S400, but only after the US denied Patriot sales to them a handful of times over the course of decades

The US sold them to Greece & Saudi Arabia, but wouldn't sell them to Turkey - a NATO ally and a solid rock in US foreign policy during the GWOT & Cold War.

So to have them now speculating on deploying some to Ukraine (where I inagine they'll train Ukranians to use them and leave them behind) who isn't even a NATO ally...
Actually Turkey had been offered Patriots during certain times. Turkey would try to straddle the fence with Russia. There were clear requirements to Turkey about Patriot acquisition. Later Turkey opted for the S-400 and this got kicked out of the F-35 club.

Ukraine has several Patriot batteries already, this isn’t something new. It is just another battery.

Last edited:

Such a shame.... Would be a shame if even more smoking accidents at sea happened.

Back