• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The War in Ukraine

In a very "living in interesting times" way, for sure - and maybe even worse if unsuccessful than if it had worked.
For certain - I wonder if the Ukrainians exacted the requirement of the Russians no longer trying something similar to them as the terms of not attempting to carry out their plans.

The R37 is an anti-AWACS missile, it’s not a practical missile for anti fighter work.

More than one pilot has told me you’d have to be drunk, blind and deaf to get hit by one in a fighter.
To my understanding quite a few fighters have been brought down by the R37 deep inside of Ukraine and it's a part of the reason you do not see as much of the Ukraine Air Force at the front as they would like. It also means a good chunk of Ukraine airspace is a very dangerous place to be thanks to the R37 and the S-400. One advantage the Russians have is altitude, they can fly higher and launch at altitude, whereas the Ukrainians are forced to launch from low altitude.

Back