• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The 'What If Canada Gets Attacked' Superthread

CDN Aviator said:
A petition to start an actual "Justice League" ?
Just tack it on as an additional clause to the Canadian Marines petition...

...because given the blazing intellect backing that sucker, it's goin' places!  :nod:

If there is a Canadian Marines petition I want the following:

1. A petition to reinstate the Spanish Inquisition; and

2. The GoC to establish the Ministry of Silly Walks.

CDN Aviator said:
I wonder what the shipbuilding program looks like for the United Federation of Planets ?

"It doesnt matter as he wont speak english any waaaaaa,aaaaaay"  sung to a certain tune......................... :dileas:

Jim Seggie said:
If there is a Canadian Marines petition I want the following:

1. A petition to reinstate the Spanish Inquisition; and

2. The GoC to establish the Ministry of Silly Walks.

As much as I am always up for a good Inquisition, can we hold this in english though, the quality of my extracted confessions is so much higher if I don't have to work through a terp!

The Americans are already planning there invasion.
They have Bob Barker coming up and taking all of are animals so they can't fight for us. ;D

Bill

masterchief said:
The Americans are already planning (1) there invasion.
They have Bob Barker coming up and taking all of (2) are animals so they can't fight for us. ;D

Bill

(1) their
(2) our

http://www.montrealgazette.com/could+North+American+this+century+expert/4934541/story.html

Here is an article that alludes to many of the points mentioned in this thread.

"OTTAWA — The 21st century could see war on North American soil, says the author of Canada’s national security policy.

Driven by technology and by shifting geopolitics, the good fortune that exempted Canada and the United States from military battles on the home front in the 20th century could be dramatically shattered over the next 90 years, Irvin Studin predicts in an essay in this week’s international affairs magazine Global Brief.

What’s more, the U.S., “might very well raise the threshold beyond which it would be willing to directly defend or intervene to defend Canada in the event of attack. The U.S. of this new century — for better or worse — will let many sleeping dogs lie.”

Studin is with the University of Toronto’s School of Public Policy and Governance and a former Privy Council Office staffer who co-authored Canada’s 2004 national security policy. He also is founding editor-in-chief and publisher of Global Brief and globalbrief.ca.

He believes failure to strengthen Canada’s demographic, economic, military and diplomatic capabilities in the coming years “could well result over the course of this less ‘lucky’ century, in a Canada that is a strategic cripple,” unable to advance its own interests, assert sovereignty or determine its own destiny.

Such reforms, however, now seem remote. North America’s leaders “do not even conceive of conflict at home because they do not and cannot believe it to be part of the realm of reasonable strategic futures.”

His 2,800-word commentary cites three key drivers that will jinx North America’s 20th-century fortunes. Technology will be first, he says.

It “will not permit the prospect of a serious country going to war with a North American power without having the means to attack it with some effect on its own soil,” he says.

Even secondary or regional powers such as Iran, Turkey, North Korea, Brazil, Pakistan and Venezuela will possess the technical means to directly and even regularly strike North America by intercontinental missile, air power, offshore bombardment or infantry by the middle of this century, he believes.

Second, foreign ships, private and military alike, will begin sailing through the Northwest Passage and Arctic waters within a decade or two.

“The new-century ‘great game’ — right at the continent’s edge — will, over time, assuredly introduce a new strategic consciousness into the decision-making of North America’s political class; a consciousness — and, before long, a new strategic culture — enabled by a popular paranoia about foreign interests promiscuously penetrating the continent’s theretofore near-perfect territorial sovereignty.”

Third, while the U.S. will remain the pre-eminent strategic power until about 2050, “the return of reasonable strategic parity of effective capabilities among other non-American, historic great powers — China, Russia and even Europe — poses both psychic and very practical consequences for North American strategic culture and doctrine.”

For the U.S., “a more acute sense of susceptibility to material retaliation on the home front from a serious foe might lower the inclination — or increase the threshold — for certain types of military adventure or extroversion.”

For Canada, diminished American power and increased American vulnerability to attack should “destabilize the long-held, implicit strategic assumption that the American superpower — theretofore unrivalled — will almost certainly defend the northern part of the continent should Canada come under attack.

“A U.S. more preoccupied with serious retaliation or even pre-emption by an enemy on the home front will demand far greater seriousness of performance from Canada in respect of investments in strategic capabilities. It will threaten to ‘do the job’ for Canada if such investments are not made.

“However, because of diminished relative power, and given countless competing strategic imperatives and seductions, such American threats will not always be credible or carried out.”

Ottawa Citizen

© Copyright (c) The Ottawa Citizen

Read more: http://www.ottawacitizen.com/could+North+American+soil+this+century+expert/4934541/story.html#ixzz1P74BF3Mp"

Not war; more like colonization.

Canada has a sub replacement birthrate, and can expect to follow Russia and Europe down the demographic rabbit hole starting in the late 2020's. The United States still has replacement level birth rates, but will probably be suffering from the economic effects of the massive deficit, debts and economic slowdown for decades to come.

Canada will be seeing a huge labour shortage in the late 2020's and early 2030's, and the price of labour will be bid up to very high levels (i.e. high wages and benefits). Americans seeking to restore their fortunes will flock to Canada to take the high wage jobs, and import their own values and norms. By the 2040's, there should be enough American expats living and working in Canada to exert political influence, changing the composition and platforms of political parties, and even agitating for the creation of a Canadian Republic. The Boomers will be dying off, and Gen "X" and "Y" will not have the numeric strength to contest elections against pro American parties and their expat voting clients (If there were enough of them, there would be no problem). Even if there are not enough actual Americans claiming Canadian citizenship to vote, they will still have a huge influence through their economic power, and pressure politicians to change existing laws and institutions to reflect their preferences.

OK OK I get it can someone tell me how to remove this thread! If I knew that I would be treated like a total dick I wouldn't have asked it. But I'm in such well educated company that tells me how fibel minded I am, and says basically  I don't belong in this forum. I have attacked by all angles  from my spelling breaking down every sentence and told how much of an arsehole I am to suggest that the US may one day well I won't say attack we'll say move in? are you all saying you just better vet thatn I? oh yeah that's already been said. TO TELL THE TRUTH I WISH THIS THREAD WOULD JUST DIE! i'M AT MINUS 3000 MPS FOR THIS SHIT? I won't bother you Generals anymore! thanks fellas skater the dummy out!

Thucydides said:
By the 2040's, there should be enough American expats living and working in Canada to exert political influence, changing the composition and platforms of political parties.....
- 2042, Redeye slices his wrists in political horror.
- 2044, (2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th) Skynet becomes self-aware....

;D

skater021 said:
OK OK I get it can someone tell me how to remove this thread! If I knew that I would be treated like a total dick I wouldn't have asked it.
A quick scan of your MilPoints indicates that a fair number of minus points are for your F-35 JSF posts; it's not solely this one.

Perhaps this is another of those "stay in your lane" moments
(that people penalize me for, for bringing to your attention....so harshly  ;D  ...er, I mean,  :'( )

skater021 said:
OK OK I get it can someone tell me how to remove this thread! If I knew that I would be treated like a total dick I wouldn't have asked it. But I'm in such well educated company that tells me how fibel minded I am, and says basically  I don't belong in this forum. I have attacked by all angles  from my spelling breaking down every sentence and told how much of an arsehole I am to suggest that the US may one day well I won't say attack we'll say move in? are you all saying you just better vet thatn I? oh yeah that's already been said. TO TELL THE TRUTH I WISH THIS THREAD WOULD JUST DIE! i'M AT MINUS 3000 MPS FOR THIS crap? I won't bother you Generals anymore! thanks fellas skater the dummy out!

What are you 12? Dude...you pretty much begged for this melt down to occur. Go back and read your opening statements in this thread and what you put about the F35? You are dealing with people who do this kind of thing everyday and when you come down and feel your statements are fact and yet you don't back them up with any sort of facts, then this is the type of feedback you will get. The members here gladly help out new members but learn how to ask the questions, learn how to search and read a lot. You will see what threads get the membership's teeth gnashing. You will see why we always tell someone to stay in their lanes. Again its ok to ask but learn how to ask a question and learn to search before then.

Milnet.Ca Staff

CDN Aviator said:
You can't. Only moderators can do that.

I'm not going to. Too much comic relief for those cool rainy afternoons.

I could put it in the Grave and still read it, but that would be abusing my powers and depriving the rest of the members their due.

:dontfeedmods:

I remember a time when the internet was still an unknown. I go back to some of the forums I posted on when I was 11-12 and read some of the things I said, sometimes punching myself in the face over how stupid I was.

Let this thread be preserved for the future skater021. ;D

And the future NavyHopeful for his complete lack of intelligence when he was 29...

I honestly do NOT know where my senses went with THIS thread...

Ah well...  we all have our moments...

Rev

Gang first I want to apologize  for my Rant  behavior about the US attacking us I should know better. But the question I still wonder if the scenario plays out like I think it will. Let me back up when I was 15 I read two books called the Ultimatum and exoneration They were writtin in 1974 by a Air force General I can't remember his Name. I think he wrote in response to the FLQ crisis four years prior.

In Oct 1970 I was 12 one day I saw (while living in Verdun a bedroom comunity of Greater Montreal)  3/4 tons deuces and M113s' Patrolling the city with check points at all choke points of the city roads, overhead Twin Hueys' flying low troops everywhere. But at that time a little known fact the US military was ready to cross the border with or without our request for help!

Yes those books are a work of  fiction  But still it was writtin by a Highly decorated  Airforce General? just think we have water a safe supply of oil, uranium all the metals. The US has stated in past administrations that Canada is getting a free ride militarily. I'm not a Fan of PM Harper But I agree 100% on Arctic bases to be manned year round, also with climate change the North west passage will soon be cleared of ice and the US won't recognize it as "Canadian waters" they call it International waters.

Well that doesn't ring well to me and I'm mostly talking about FOX NEWS since we didn't go to Iraq with the US their so call "news contributors" had these comments Ann Coulter "we allow them (Canada) to exist on the same Continent" "Canada better watch their step or we will rollover and crush them" Check it out anti Canadian comment by US politicions and others mostly FOX NEWS casters. They say Fox represents the feelings of 50% of the US people...... Well once again I hope you accept my apology to all and especially CDN aviator and Scott.  Gary,

skater021 said:
Yes those books are a work of  fiction  But still it was writtin by a Highly decorated  Airforce General? just think we have water a safe supply of oil, uranium all the metals. The US has stated in past administrations that Canada is getting a free ride militarily. I'm not a Fan of PM Harper But I agree 100% on Arctic bases to be manned year round, also with climate change the North west passage will soon be cleared of ice and the US won't recognize it as "Canadian waters" they call it International waters.

I agree with you that our natural resources would be one of the few goals we could be invaded for. Rest assured though that the Americans would much rather have a happy cooperative ally selling them the resources than extracting those same resources itself from a hostile country.

Back