• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The WTF News Files

reference:  CTV.ca

Okay,

Things became dumb along time ago, this has entered a whole new realm of WTF?

Should parents seek baby's permission before changing a diaper?

Jackie Dunham, CTVNews.ca
Published Friday, May 11, 2018 8:56AM EDT 

An Australian sexuality educator has created quite a stink over her suggestion for teaching babies the concept of consent, by asking them for permission before changing their diapers.

Deanne Carson, a sexuality educator with Body Safety Australia, which offers programs on empowering children and protecting them from child abuse, was interviewed on national public broadcaster ABC News earlier this week. During the segment, she explained that she works with newborns’ parents to help them create a “culture of consent” early in life.

Carson used the example of changing a baby’s diaper or “nappy” to illustrate her point.

“‘I’m going to change your nappy now. Is that okay?’” she said as an example of how to pose the question. “Of course, the baby is not going to respond: ‘Yes mom, that’s awesome. I’d love to have my nappy changed.’

“But if you leave a space and wait for body language and wait to make eye contact, then you’re letting that child know that their response matters.”

The educator’s remarks set off a firestorm of debate online with many on social media mocking her ideas and criticizing her credentials. Sky News Australia commentator Rowan Dean labelled Carson’s position as “left lunacy.”

More of the report at the reference.

What happens if the baby decides to withhold consent on the diaper change? Does that constitute abuse if the baby continues to sit around in a diaper full of it's own feces? Some people really need a strong slap upside their heads.

:cheers:

FJAG said:
What happens if the baby decides to withhold consent on the diaper change? Does that constitute abuse if the baby continues to sit around in a diaper full of it's own feces? Some people really need a strong slap upside their heads.

:cheers:

In 1968 Pierre Trudeau's quote:
There's no place for the state in the bedrooms of the nation...

Never heard his Son's it's 2018!

Well if you are the Dad, and your child has poopy diapers, I am sure they would not give permission. Over to you Mum.

I think the gentleman missed his true calling by not joining the infantry...

My dad spent 30 years digging up a giant rock

When I think of my father at his happiest I picture him covered in dirt, holding a pick axe and digging; my dad loves to dig.

About thirty years ago my parents bought a little piece of land near Gooderham, Ontario on Tamarack Lake. For years we would spend the summer camping out there on little wooden platforms, fighting away mosquitos, cooking over fires, taking long swims, roughing it. Us kids hated it. So much so we started calling it the "dumb old land" or Dummo for short. But eventually my parents saved up enough money to build a proper building on the land, so they needed a road.

I've been interviewing my dad about his digging. I've been trying to unearth a bit of understanding on why he spent 25 years uncovering this massive rock formation. I've been talking to all my family members too, asking them the same question: What did you think he was doing out there?

My brother says, "It made no sense to me."

My sister says, "I probably assumed it was for a reason."

Only in the Middle East: Israel donates Merkava tank to Jordanian Museum. (From the Jerusalem Post)

Israel gives Jordan an IDF Merkava tank for a museum

The tank, one of Israel’s most sophisticated military platforms manufactured domestically, crossed the border between Israel and Jordan in recent weeks aboard a flatbed truck.

By Anna Ahronheim  July 12, 2018 16:43 

In a sign of growing defense and diplomatic ties between Jerusalem and Amman, Israel recently transferred an IDF Merkava tank to Jordan.

The tank, one of Israel’s most sophisticated military platforms manufactured domestically, crossed the border between Israel and Jordan in recent weeks aboard a flatbed truck.

The tank will be placed on exhibit at the Royal Tank Museum, established by King Abdullah in 2007 to preserve tanks and armored vehicles used by the Jordanian Armed Forces (JAF) as well as to showcase other important tanks, like the Merkava, from around the world.

Some of the items on display include tanks used in the Great Arab Revolt as well as various battles with Israel. The main goal of the exhibit is to document the country’s history and to highlight the role Jordan’s army played in preserving and building modern Jordan. The 20,000 square meter museum includes 13 halls where the vehicles are displayed in chronological order. Sound effects and mannequins of soldiers are included in some exhibits for dramatic effect.

The decision to transfer the tank to Jordan was made by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defense Minister Avigdor Liberman due to the sensitivity of providing an Arab country – even one with which Israel has peace – with one of the country’s most top-secret weapons.

The Merkava is touted as one of the most lethal and protected tanks in the world. Israel decided to construct it out of pure necessity after the United Kingdom and other countries refused to sell Israel tanks in the 1950s and 1960s.

The newest model – known as the Merkava Mk-4 – is the most impressive. It can reach speeds of 40 mph. and comes with a new modular armor kit, meaning that the tank can be fitted with the armor it needs based on the specific mission it is heading into.

In mid-June, Netanyahu paid an unannounced visit to Amman for a meeting with King Abdullah. The meeting as well as the recent transfer of the tank came after the two countries recently patched up ties which had been strained by a stabbing and shooting incident at Israel’s embassy compound in Amman last year. After an absence of nine months, Israel dispatched a new ambassador to Amman in April.

Article Link

From here: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/suspect-killed-officer-injured-in-southern-california-shootout/

"An assault revolver with high-capacity magazines and a revolver were recovered at the scene."

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yqnHobJOfE

Any word on what happened here?  (Sorry, I searched through the forums for a while but didn't know the best place to post this)

Any idea of what happened?  Any word on our member being okay?

From the video it looks like he made too sharp of a turn and the bottom weight on the flag got wrapped in the suspension lines.

ontheedge said:
Was it a serious injury? 

"In a tweet on Monday morning, the SkyHawks said the jumper was injured but is in “good condition and high spirits.” "
https://globalnews.ca/news/4482000/skyhawks-parachutist-injured-lindsay-exhibition/

The cause of the crash is being investigated, Reid said.

“We debrief each and every performance jump, and will certainly look into the circumstances of this incident,” he said. “It’s too soon to say, however, what factors contributed to this incident.”

END QUOTE

Why? Just why?

Postmedia News

Published on: November 1, 2018 | Last Updated: November 1, 2018 4:53 PM EDT

A peanut butter lover found with horrific injuries may have played a role in the life-changing injury to his junk.

The fully-clothed 22-year-old was found unconscious and lying in a pool of blood — his, uh, lower-body  injuries were extreme enough to be considered life-threatening — last month in an apartment in Haddington, Scotland, according to the UK Sun.

https://www.thewhig.com/news/weird/man-smeared-peanut-butter-on-genitals-before-bulldog-gnawed-them-off/wcm/0f064f55-6398-4ffa-96dc-4db45d27110c

crunchy.....definitely crunchy

Courtesy of Reason Magazine:

Top 10 Worst Helicopter Parenting Moments of 2018
Aborted snowball fights, unused playground equipment, baseless child trafficking panics, and more.

Lenore Skenazy|Dec. 13, 2018 9:00 am

Kidnapping, Halloween, and snowballs—in 2018, we freaked out about each of these things and many others. Here are the year's ten most vexing moments for the free-range parenting movement:

1). After a passerby witnessed a man seemingly abducting a little girl in a shopping mall parking lot in Brighton, England, all hell broke loose. Helicopters were scrambled. Cops went door to door. The mall aired the closed-circuit footage over and over again until the man was finally found. No, he wasn't an abductor: He was the girl's father. Cops confirmed this. Sorry for the fuss.

2). When Ohio 5-year-old Braylen Carwell started having seizures after trick or treating and tested positive for meth, parents were warned to check for poisoned candy. A few days later, Braylen's dad, a former drug user, was charged with meth possession and evidence tampering. Said the local police chief, "We are extremely confident that [Braylen] did not ingest any candy from Trick or Treat that was tainted."

3). Child Protective Services showed up at the home of Corey Widen, a mom in Wilmette, Illinois, after someone reported seeing her daughter, age 8, walking the dog alone. Investigators interrogated Widen, her daughter, other family members, and the girl's pediatrician before coming to their senses and admitting that mom had not committed neglect.

4). Preschoolers in Nova Scotia were not allowed to play on their playground's equipment because it was labeled for children ages 5-12. The fact that kids have always played on equipment without an age label (see, for instance, trees) matters not.

5). "A woman is giving a stark warning after she says two women and three men attempted to abduct her daughter at a rest stop on Interstate 74 in Indiana," announced a TV station in Ohio. This info came from the woman's Facebook page. In a post, she explained she had been at a rest stop when two ladies looked at her daughter as three men stood in front of a minivan with its door open. The fact that none of them actually attempted an abduction did not get in the way of this juicy non-story.

6). Penn State's Outing Club can no longer go outside, since hikers typically venture beyond the limits of cell phone coverage. "Student safety in any activity is our primary focus," said a university spokeswoman. The 98-year-old club is still allowed to hold film festivals host speakers, and explore the great indoors.

7). A school in East London, England, forbid its 1,500 students from touching snow because this could tempt them to make snowballs. To skeptics, headmaster Ges Smith said: "It only takes one student, one piece of grit, one stone in a snowball in an eye, with an injury and we change our view."

8). Texas writer May Cobb was returning to the car with her autistic 5-year-old after a day in the park when they were stopped by the cops. Someone had reported a boy with messy hair and too-short pants. Even the cops were embarrassed to be following up on this. But follow up they did.

9). A documentary about Patriots' quarterback Tom Brady showed him kissing his 11-year-old son on the lips. The media went wild. New York's CBS TV station asked people what they thought. But as one local pointed out, " Who doesn't hate Tom Brady here?"

10). Busybodies waved down the police when they saw a boy, age 8 or thereabouts, walking by himself. He told the cops he was going to his grandma's. He likes walking there. Grandma confirmed this. Police then spoke to his parents about the dangers of letting children walk alone to grandma's. It is unclear whether they added anything about big bad wolves.

Thankfully, not all the news was bad. This spring, Utah passed America's first Free-Range Parenting Law, which decreed that parents cannot be considered negligent simply for letting their kids run errands, play outside, wait briefly in the car (under some circumstances), or come home with a latchkey. It's a start, at least. See you in 2019!

Article Link. Note article has links to original reports.

Man tried to pay for McDonald's with bag of pot: police

The Associated Press
Published Tuesday, December 18, 2018 6:59AM EST 

PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. -- Police in Florida say a 23-year-old man went through a McDonald's drive-thru and tried to pay for his order with a bag of marijuana.

News outlets report Port St. Lucie police say the fast food worker denied the trade and Anthony Andrew Gallagher drove off, only to return again a short time later. Police arrested him Sunday on charges of marijuana possession and driving under the influence.

Police were alerted to Gallagher's offer early Sunday morning and got a description of him from the worker. They say a suspect matching his description went through the drive-thru a little while later and police approached him.

It's unclear if Gallagher attempted to pay for his order with drugs the second time. It's also unclear if he has a lawyer.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/man-tried-to-pay-for-mcdonald-s-with-bag-of-pot-police-1.4222321

Back