• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

This super armour will solve all the CF's problems (or Revenge of the Bear Suit)

That was different to watch . All I could help but think that it was the pro-to type for Robo Cop ,  but seriously if they could get something like that to work it may help reduce back injuries or knee problems for the soldier from the loads the s have to carry .

I'd love to see one of those on a 1-per section issue for Light Ops... think about the extra kit you could bring out with it. Of course, I'm not taking it too seriously because it's obviously nowhere near procurement, but it's a nice thought nonetheless.

That suit reminds me of these guys

team08.jpg

Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future

Thucydides said:
For the everlasting glory of the Infantry, shines the name, shines the name........

Volunteered, Rodger Young!
Fought and died for the men he marched among.
In the everlasting annals of the Infantry
Glows the last deed of Private Rodger Young.

Heh, battery consumption is problematic but still, even with the 50 pounds of batteries needed for 12 hours of autonomy, that's still 150 pounds of equipment carried without much effort!

Wonder if they can set it up so it can generate some of it's own power when moving to extend battery life?

I can't remember the site but I was just looking at it 2 days ago, if you guys think this star wars armour is a joke you should look up the US Army Future Soldier Program. They are putting big bucks into exoskeleton armour with strength augmentation and autotomic thermo body temp controls, uploaded bio readings right to the Med. Co., and image & sound uploads right to Comand. Wiz bang shit, the proto type is already made CCC sees & hears what you do, med techs no if you fart, load carriage is 100% of body weight, physical strength increase of 10%, if temp outside increases internal decreases and visa versa and they project stopping 50 cal rds with future tech advances in armour and chemical chameleon camo.

they talk about liquid metal in the armour, HUD in the face shield with on-board GPS, Compass, Maps, range finder, & orders displayed on it. built in comms with thin wire antennas embedded in the armour. NBC is built in no suits or masks to carry. On-board meds a corpsman can administer with a computer command. All you would need to carry out side the armour would be ammo & special equipment. All this tech already exists except the chameleon camo & ballistics protection.

Colin P said:
Wonder if they can set it up so it can generate some of it's own power when moving to extend battery life?

The Physics Police are giving you a citation for attempted violation of the Second Law of Thermodynamics.

You are hereby sentenced to increasing disorder, until such time as it reaches a maximum.

This Isn't the site I was looking at the other day, but gives a lot of the same information  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future_Force_Warrior

This is the site http://www.rangermade.us/store/catalog/Army_Technology.php enjoy

Edited to fix link

Thucydides said:
The Physics Police are giving you a citation for attempted violation of the Second Law of Thermodynamics.

You are hereby sentenced to increasing disorder, until such time as it reaches a maximum.

i was thinking along the lines of electric cars that can generate electricty when braking, it does not mean that you can replace all of the power used, but if there was way to increase time between recharge by 5-10% without serious weight gain, it would be nice.

colin check out the second link I put up it pretty comprehensive as to what they are playing with

Back