• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tim Griffith - PPCLI

Rhibwolf

Inactive
Reaction score
I had MCpl Tim Griffith (or perhaps Griffiths) as my Squad Leader in 6 Platoon, 8530.  I heard that he was released shortly after, but I always wondered what ever became of him and his wife (Lorna, i think?)  He was the fellow that graced the cover of Sentinel Magazine's "Jungle Patrol" picture.  I think the caption read something like " a member of 3PPCLI on patrol on Vancouver Island."
Anyone have any int?

I'll ask my Husband because he was 3 PPCLI in Victoria until they closed the base and moved everyone to Calgary and Winnipeg, now both of those bases are closed and the guys are now posted in Edmonton. AB and Shilo, MB. My husband is now retired but he still is on contact with some people.

I also had the pleasure of being in his section in Cornholis, Serial 8438, Suicide 6 pl I think we called ourselves.   Last I heard Mod Edit, details deleted. Lets keep second hand info re members or former members to PMs etc.

hey and J. Conners was Mod Edit, details deleted. Lets keep second hand info re members or former members to PMs etc.

I knew Tim Griffith he was on Crs 7801 or Mons Pl.  I was in coarse 7802 or Foso Munio we shared a Quonset hut at 1OTD a millennia ago. He was a fun loving guy and a good soldier. I think he retired I think  in 82 when we returned from Cypress. I headed off to Borden for a Metals tech coarse. He and a bunch off us finished our first three year break in period, and some of us stayed and others opted for civvy street. He was employed to start in C Coy with some of his other buddies like Clive, Morely,Al, George and Tom there other Pal was Dave Roussey who served with me in Mighty Six Platoon. The last time I saw Griff he was delivering beer to the hideaway pub in oyster river we swapped a few stories and ph # but that was the last I heard of him. Hope he's ok and enjoying himself. Dan Thomas.  B Coy 1978 1982. Maint Pl 1984 1986. Medical release

Tim got out after Cyprus in Oct 80, then got back in 81.  We did recruit and battle school together.  We were Gothic Line course 7715 at the battle school.  The last time as saw Tim was before I left for my course in Borden after I re mustered in 81.  The last of I heard of Tim was from Tom Lejeune and Clyde Evans in 97 when I was in a bar in Comox B.C.  Tom, Clyde, and Tim and some guys were diving for giant clams and selling them somewere in Asia.

There you go Dave knows, good to have you back on my net to keep me in line LOL. All those men were good soldiers and enjoyed the work. And knew how to have a good time. And hope they are all enjoying life today and wish them all the best.

paws said:
The last of I heard of Tim was from Tom Lejeune and Clyde Evans in 97 when I was in a bar in Comox B.C.  Tom, Clyde, and Tim and some guys were diving for giant clams and selling them somewere in Asia.
Sounds like he was a geoduck diver (pronounced "gooey - duck"). 

Back