• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tim Hortons in Theatre Merged Thread (in AFG, no plans to preposition)

Ha Ha Fusilier

My hubby finally called from Sat. phone. He is kind of dissapointed cause he will miss Timmies and the show. He will be outside the wire for rest of his tour. He said the only thing he really wants is a real shower and not with water bottles...

Hey Booked_Spice ! Glad the SAT phones are working!  Don't worry we're working on some options to get some goodies out to the boys - can't do anything about the showers though. 

Bye the way, I do appreciate the work that the Timmies people and CFPSA are doing - it's the nature of the combat arms to be in the crappy places without all the ammenities - but hey, we wouldn't be real soldiers if we weren't *&@^@^ about something!

So true...

But I know this is not the topic of the thread...

But the Sat. phones work to an extent but it was really hard hearing him and he kept saying I was screaming at him.. But didn't really matter as I got to hear his voice..

Take care

Any body know what the price of the coffee will be similar to canada or more expensive? I would thing a bit more then canada got a get all those coffee bean to afganistan. :cdn:

I am wondering the legalities of them going through a modified basic training - does that mean that the CF can now claim them to be new recruits - and utilize them back into a unit?

HAHA booked spice. The water bottle shower. Mine finally got a shower but he will be back out in the crap soon enough. He probably ate burger king out of all the food by now. They are building showers for them or atleast thats what I hear. Good for timmies for going in there, I know my husband wont be enjoying it, but its still a good thing. Hang in there booked, soon enough they will be home with their stinky kit to clutter up the house hehe.  >:D

Stinky...

I just hope this time he showers and changes before I PICK him up.. LOL.. Less then 3 months to go.. and I don't have to go sexually deprived for FREEDOM...  >:D Cause camo your starting to look good.. maybe I should jump the fence. :p

Since we use US funds over here and Green Beans charge about $2.50 US, I would imagine Timmies needs to compete.  Hope they have lots of cold stuff, it's hot enough here.

Hi to all our Troops "Overthere",  Your Timmies is on it's way!  I just fueled the big bird that's bringing it. It's always a good thing to be a part of somthing good that supports our guys.  Good Luck to all and Enjoy your double-doubles. PS, I hope the drive thru is quicker than here.  :salute: :cdn:for this, we fight!

Hello everyone in Canada!  Well I don't know about drive thru, might be difficult getting a LAV through.  As far as I know the "grand opening" is at the end of the month.  Our counterparts from other nations are looking forward to it too - that's how Canadian's can conquer the world - install a Timmies, create peace over coffee!  Think it might work on the Taliban?

CANCON show tonight, nice surprise last night, the entertainers made an impromtu stop to the Coy lines to play for the troops of TF ORION.  Julian Austin did his Red and White song, Michelle Wright, Amanda Stott, The Wilkinsons, Diane Chase, Maritza and Richard Wood; some awesome Canadian talent - just like a good ole' fashioned kitchen party, without the beer.  Some of the troops who were heading out the wire early this morning and will miss the official showe, got their own private show.  Nice to see, was a great little show.

Canada Rocks!

http://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/2006/06/12/tim-hortons-kandahar.html

Tim Hortons touches down in Kandahar
Last Updated Mon, 12 Jun 2006 10:13:43 EDT
CBC News
Canadian soldiers will soon be able to order that large double-double they've been longing for. An aircraft carrying a Tim Hortons trailer landed in Afghanistan Monday and will open its doors on Canada Day.

A Tim Hortons trailer arrived in Kandahar on Monday and will be open to troops come Canada Day. (CBC) 
Troops had lobbied for the coffee chain's presence to Chief of Defence Staff Gen. Rick Hillier, who passed the message on to the company.

The Canadian Forces Personnel Support Agency, the morale and welfare arm of the Canadian Forces, will help operate the trailer, which will contain most of the selections of a typical outlet.

The group organizes many events for soldiers and staff, including movie and Stanley Cup hockey nights.

Approximately 50 people — including some military wives — have been training at CFB Kingston to work at the new Tim Hortons. Training was a little more intense than usual, as staff had to learn safety precautions relating to the dangerous environment in addition to the coffee chain's requirements for food and beverage preparation and customer service.

Currently 2,300 Canadians are serving in southern Afghanistan

I'm ready for a tour now...lol
Nice to see a taste of home over there...I would certainly appreciate it and I am sure the troops there will too...
And it will open on Canada Day how fitting.

HL

GAP said:
Approximately 50 people...Currently 2,300 Canadians are serving in southern Afghanistan

Is it just me or does 50 staff for 2300 clients seem like a heckuva lot?

In an effort to give true value, it will take two people to carry out the dozen donuts to the LAVIII.  ;D

TMM said:
Is it just me or does 50 staff for 2300 clients seem like a heckuva lot?
It's just you. 
10% on HLTA
3 (4?) shifts daily.
Assume 3 managers (not front service types)
So, 42 people at any given time, divided by say 3 = 14 on at any time. 
14 for 2300 is about right?

Not only that but a large portion of the force lives outside the wire doing the dirty work.

They aren't going in everyday just to get their fix. That should drop your numbers by a bit    ;)

Regards

Perhaps they'll do a split-shift.
1/2 at work. 1/2 on days off.

Double the shift-managers to 6
Add 2 "straight-day" Store Managers (for liaising with Corporate Central/ordering stock)
leaves 42 counter staff
1/2 on days off = 21 counter staff per 24 hour period
Assume 3 shifts = 7 workers per shift.
Assume 2 "bakers/decorators/dishwashers/garbage picker-uppers (??)"
= 5 pers left to work the counter per 8 hour shift (1 of which is the shift-manager).

Seems about right and pretty much on par with your local Timmie's outlets. I'm quite sure it won't be just the Canadians visiting them either as the customer base at their location is much higher than 2400 total. What Canuks over there haven't yet visited the American Burger King for a taste of something different?

HorM...that'll be an Extra Large Black please!! No need to double cup.

Wonder if they'll have a drive thru window that's LAV / Cougar / Bison / 10 ton high...
(awright - where's that suggestion box)
(can anyone file an unsatisfactory condition report - and where would I have to file one about the average height of Timmy staff?)

And I thought I was a number crunching geek :D

I think in the interest of making this CF Timmies as efficient as possible, I must take the day off tomorrow to sit in Hortons' studying the staff/client ratio.

If I bring the boss a double double I might get away with it!

Back