• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tim Hortons in Theatre Merged Thread (in AFG, no plans to preposition)

I should think that Tim Hortons, the main seller, would have to coordinate with the CF support agency that is actually running it to ensure they are credited. Can't see why not...$$ is $$

Sent to Tim Hortons > customer_service@timhortons.com <

I am a member of Army.ca. The forum members, being mostly CF and other interested personnel have been following the opening of a Tim Hortons in Kandahar closely.

One suggestion that came up was that Tim Hortons in Canada offer gift certificates that can be sent over by friends, family or anyone wanting to support the CF in Afghanistan....

Here is the link to the thread of comments on the idea.

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/39242/post-396253/topicseen.html#new

Thanks...hope it works out

Can't hurt

Great idea guys and gals

I hope Timmies gets back to you soon. It would be a great thing to add to the adopt a soldier campaign boxes.

Very well done GAP! It is a great idea, and definitely can't hurt to bring it up to them.

+1 to this idea.  Instead of sending over packets of Timmies, loved ones, or even strangers, could buy a soldier a cup of coffee.  Walk into Tims, pay the money, Tims sends the message electronically (eg: email) to Tims (forward) and then somehow, that message is sent to Soldier Bloggins of "X" company of unit "Y".  They print off a certificate, deliver it to said soldier, who can then redeem it for a cuppa Joe (Cuppa Tim?).  If you send it to "Any soldier, Task Force Orion", then Tims (or PSP) could allocate to the units on whatever basis they decide.  Heck, I got letters from the "military granny network" in Newfoundland, and replied.  That was nice.

This is a BANG ON Idea!  Great for Tims, Great for morale.

And let's not forget that "Maintenance of Morale" is a fundamental (principle?) of war.

Garvin out

PS: I could never figure out a principle from a fundamental!!!!!

The more people email the better! Here's my message:

I am glad to see Tim Hortons'  will be opening at Kandahar Air Force on Canada Day. I understand that this took a lot of work and am glad that our troops will have a taste of home. That said, I and other Canadians do not have the resources to send over more Tim Trailers. However, I would like to be able to send Tim Hortons gift certificates to the troops. Would these be accepted at the Kandahar location?

In this thread at army.ca I suggested maybe even having special certificates for use only in Kandahar, perhaps a promotion buy $5.00 get a free coffee.

Regards

vonGarvin said:
+1 to this idea.  Instead of sending over packets of Timmies, loved ones, or even strangers, could buy a soldier a cup of coffee.  Walk into Tims, pay the money, Tims sends the message electronically (eg: email) to Tims (forward) and then somehow, that message is sent to Soldier Bloggins of "X" company of unit "Y".  They print off a certificate, deliver it to said soldier, who can then redeem it for a cuppa Joe (Cuppa Tim?).  If you send it to "Any soldier, Task Force Orion", then Tims (or PSP) could allocate to the units on whatever basis they decide.  Heck, I got letters from the "military granny network" in Newfoundland, and replied.  That was nice.

This is a BANG ON Idea!  Great for Tims, Great for morale.

And let's not forget that "Maintenance of Morale" is a fundamental (principle?) of war.

Garvin out

PS: I could never figure out a principle from a fundamental!!!!!
Love the idea...let me know when it starts up...I would certainly support that and know of a number of people who would

HL

Posted on: Today at 17:59:21Posted by: TMM 
Insert Quote
The more people email the better! Here's my message:

I am glad to see Tim Hortons'  will be opening at Kandahar Air Force on Canada Day. I understand that this took a lot of work and am glad that our troops will have a taste of home. That said, I and other Canadians do not have the resources to send over more Tim Trailers. However, I would like to be able to send Tim Hortons gift certificates to the troops. Would these be accepted at the Kandahar location?

In this thread at army.ca I suggested maybe even having special certificates for use only in Kandahar, perhaps a promotion buy $5.00 get a free coffee.

The more the merrier....They won't pay much attention to just little ol' me, but to you all....heck, a done deal!!! ;D

military granny said:
Von Garvin
  "the military granny network"  want to fill me in???  Was it letters from the kids?
Hi "Military Granny". I only used that term because of your handle on here.  I can't remember what they were referred to in the paper, but recently one of them received an award from the CDS.  It was letters from an elderly lady living in Newfoundland.  She would write postcards, addressed to "Any Soldier, TF Kabul, Op ATHENA, Afghanistan".  And I was there for less than two months (June 2003) as the Camp there was being built. 
I did get letters from "the kids" in some school in Manitoba (I believe) when I was in Haiti. I wrote back to them as well.  Just to say thanks.  It was a morale booster! :D

each one of you / us should approach our local timmy's and have a talk to their manager.
email the PSP types

Great concept though

I know someone involved in this at PSP, I'll pass along the idea, sounds like a winner to me!

Mike, stupid civi question when you leave the bar on Elgin Street ;) - what is PSP?

Just received from Tim Horton Head Office

I would like to thank you for contacting us at our Head Office in Oakville,
Ontario.  We appreciate your interest in our Company.

At Tim Hortons we strive to achieve customer satisfaction through friendly
and efficient service, high quality products and cleanliness in our stores.
Please note that gift certificates purchased in both Canada or the United
states can be used by soldiers in Kandahar.  I would like to thanks you for
your comments and the link that you provided.

Thank you again for contacting us. If you have any future questions or
comments, please do not hesitate to contact us toll-free at 1 888 601 1616.

We look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Sincerely,

Deanna
Operation Services
The TDL Group Corp

Send him an email via CBC as soon as possible so he can mention it Monday night.

SO what I hear you saying...is we purchase gift certificates and send them off?
So would that include sending some to like say "the any soldier" individuals as well, I guess so...
Will wait for further instructions...

HL

I replyed to the email regarding prices, but I think I already know the answer....the gift certificate is for $xx.xx. Whatever the price of the coffee is where you are buying it, just comes out of the certificate. That kinda takes care of the problem of a disparity of prices.

I didn't think to ask about the "any soldier...any where". The email address is there, might I suggest you query them? :)

Back