• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tim Hortons in Theatre Merged Thread (in AFG, no plans to preposition)

Tell you what Vern, I owe you more then one but should we cross path's in the sandbox and I got time for a coffee, they are on me.

You'll be bale to find by the Oakley's and of course how darn good I'll be looking while standing in line  8)

HitorMiss said:
Tell you what Vern, I owe you more then one but should we cross path's in the sandbox and I got time for a coffee, they are on me.

You'll be bale to find by the Oakley's and of course how darn good I'll be looking while standing in line  8)

You "always got time for Tim Hortons!!"   8)

hehe............

Keep telling my boss that while we go over to Timmy's for some java, we get our best ideas worked out :)

water flowed uphill, the sun rose in the east and the first part of the Tim Horton's complex arrived Monday morning.  The second trailer is due in next week, with the frozen dough and coffee and such the week after that.  If all goes well, the first cup gets poured Canada Day.  I have a feeling that the competition is going to go broke. Well, their prices are, shall we say, profitable for them and, frankly, their coffee isn't all that good.

Will the prices be the same as back home? I'd hate to see the squaddies gouged.

TMM said:
Will the prices be the same as back home? I'd hate to see the squaddies gouged.

I have no doubt they have gone to all of this effort solely to gouge the soldier overseas.  ::)

That's not quite what I meant. I know that some locations(not just Hortons' but other chains) charge extra at some locations.

I'm sure the prices will be comparable unless PSP gets their mitts into the till!  ;)

Chags said:
Everyone will be happy to know..  that Wainwright is finally getting their Tim Horton's..

Should be completed this fall (just before the Walmart is ready)

Good it will make Wainwright a little more bearable .... but not that much  ;D

Talking to my son last night (did training in Kingston for going over to Timmie's)...he said the projected price was  $1.50 small, $2.00 large ;D

GAP said:
Talking to my son last night (did training in Kingston for going over to Timmie's)...he said the projected price was  $1.50 small, $2.00 large ;D
Well worth it...a taste of home delivered to you in A-stan...priceless  :D

Oh HoM I take mine Large Double Cream Double Twin Double cupped if you are buying...Vern you wouldn't mind the company would you  :)

HL

From my bud in KAF.......

The second Timmy's trailer is due in today, apparently.  NDHQ has made a commitment that, come hell or high water, Tim Horton's Kandahar will open Canada Day. That will blend in well with the ceremonies pretty well, all things considered.  Maintenance of morale is pretty important.

Now if we could just get the boys something more than a revelead ankle for a "spirtual uplift"

I am but a poor foreign visitor to the shores of your grand country. But I've never seen coffee dependance like i've seen in Petawawa! 2130 and the line is still MASSIVE at the in town Tims! I mean, its not just for the coffee and donuts that they go (although the donuts are pretty bloody good! I dont drink coffee and Canadian tea is blasphamy) its to hang out at Tim Hortons, even if the chain is American what could be more Canadian then a guy who lost control of his car because he was drunk, crashed into someone else and killed the both of them, only to have a Coffee shop named after him? Thats pure gold!
Without Tim Hortons the CF would cease to function as a fighting force. It'd just be a bunch of people with the shakes because of caffeine withdrawl! Even if it is American i reckon we could do without that!
Hales

Ummmm.....it was a Canadian buisness   

It just got bought off by the Yanks.    ;)

Regards

Trooper Hale said:
even if the chain is American what could be more Canadian then a guy who lost control of his car because he was drunk, crashed into someone else and killed the both of them, only to have a Coffee shop named after him? Thats pure gold!

My fair foreign visitor, the coffe shop was not named after Horton died. He opened up the first one in 1964, in Hamilton, Ontario. He had a few locations at the time of his death.

I too am a tea snob and Horton's steeped tea is pretty darn good. hey, at least we have something other than Lipton in the stores!

Anyone know if KAF Tim's will accept gift certificates? Might be a nice thing to throw into those "any soldier" envelopes!

TMM said:
Anyone know if KAF Tim's will accept gift certificates? Might be a nice thing to throw into those "any soldier" envelopes!

That is a very good question! Could be a very neat idea.

Might be a good advertising campaign for Tim Hortons here in Canada.. Buy a soldier a Gift Certificate for a Timmies in Knadahar...good idea ;D

Maybe even have special squaddie only certs and have a deal - buy a book of 5 for them, get a free coffee or doughnut for you.

Anyone know who to contact at CF or Horton's about that?

Back