• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Took awhile but finially seeing the light at the end

gryphonv

Reaction score
I've been on this website for sometime now, rarely posting but always reading. I'll give a short run down of my application process.

I've picked up the forms in Jan 07, it was march 07 by the time I had got all my forms together and finially decided to bring them down to the Recruitment center. Within about a month I was scheduled for CFAT and initial interview. I did really well on CFAT and during my interview was asked why i didn't apply for an officer possition (only applied for NCM possitions infantry, artillerly, and armored). My reasoning was that I never finished my university degree and felt that was a core requirement, after a bit my interviewer had my interested in the CEOTP program and had me sold on switching my prefered trade to AEC.

Over the next few months I went through a battery of tests and waiting periods for results, all went good except for my urine tests, there was trace blood, I went for a 2nd and the same results, then I had to go to a private doctor for more tests and the same results, eventually my doctor gave me a clean bill of health, determined the trace to heriditary not anything to be concerned for. All the retesting took a few months to get through, but was relieved when it was finished.

Near the end of Oct 07 all my tests had been done and it had been sent of for my Air factor. Early december I was awarded my air factor and just before Christmass was merit listed.

Jan 24,08 I was given a verbal job offer and informed I will be sworn in March 31st, and should be in St. Jean early April for my BMOQ.

It's been a long process, but I have heard about longer ones. OVer all I'm estactic that I've made it this far.

I can relate, applied last month for NCM position but the recruiter convinced me to apply for officer, and since then im really dedicated to get it. one question for you though, you're applied for regfor correct?

Yeah reg force. I think my initial contract will be a long one, something like 13 years I think ive been told.

BMOQ dates are 4 May. They just came out late today. What CFRC are you processing thru?

I was given my job offer today... March 28th, and they're not sure whether it will be st. jean or Borden.  I was pumped.
Neil

Neilio said:
I was given my job offer today... March 28th, and they're not sure whether it will be st. jean or Borden.   I was pumped.
Neil

That's good news Neilio!!! Congrats

Does this mean ROTP offers are already making their way out - or are these seperate?

Is that May 5th date confirmed? I was there yesterday, wrote my cfat, and they told me that they wouldnt do the medical or interview until a spring date was announced.

Yes, it's official.
I received my call today from CFRC Winnipeg confirming the 5 May 08 - 5 Aug 08 BMOQ dates.
The course will run at CFLRS in St. Jean sur Richelieu.

Back