• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Traffic Technician ( merged )

I am currently in the process of enlisting, and I was wondering if Traffic Technicians have to do the Soldier Qualification Course after BMQ? I didn't see it on the forces.ca website, but I was told the website isn't very updated (especially for job openings). Could any traffic techs speak to this?

It has been covered before. The search button is your friend!

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/46821.25.html (scroll down)

Yes Traffic Techs will do BMQ-Land (the new name for SQ) if they are in the Army (or posted to an Army base) It's not that bad of a course, don't worry. 

They are not a priority to get on it though. My friend is a Cpl and is going for her 5s this summer and she still has not done SQ.

Is there any advantages or disadvantages between Traffic Tech Air Force and Army?

No.  Traffic Tech is a "purple" trade and you can be posted anywhere, regardless of uniform.

Any suggestions or comments on good/bad places to be posted?

I'd like to get the opportunity to deploy and travel.

Any suggestions for a first posting for someone who wants to deploy and travel?

Once I've completed my 3s and assuming I'm posted to Trenton or Winnipeg where or what section would someone freshly off his course find himself?

Beezer said:

\

It doesn't matter what people say, you get posted where the military needs you. You can put your preferences but that doesn't mean you'll get it.

Beezer said:

I PM'd a Traf Tech Sgt I know with a link to your question, hopefully he'll see it and give you some info.

If you want to travel often as a Pte/Cpl, you want to be posted to an air base, preferably Trenton, then either Cold Lake, Bagotville or Winnipeg. TfC Techs on Army bases get to go on exercise alot, but rarely travel, vs being deployed (there is a big difference, as one usually means tents, and the other hotels).

Although it doesn't matter whether you are wear a blue beret or a green beret in the long run, there has a been a trend lately to be posted to a base that matches your uniform, at least on an initial posting. The other advantage of being posted to an airbase is you tend to be exposed to the airside of the job quicker, and will likely get the opportunity to go flying sooner than if posted to a Service battalion.

Thanks all for the feedback. I'm still early in the process, hoping to be on the 3s course in October but really just want to get my foot in the door and see how things play out. I've received a lot of feedback from other  traffic techs  and appreciate their input greatly.

I don't know how feasible it is but where I am currently in life with my little family Trenton will be our first choice of posting. I've worked with traffic techs while with 3CSU and my time at 25 Supply Depot which prompted my decision to go Tfc Tech. I've also done the Svc Bn thing and didnt particularly enjoy my time with them.

I know the military can post me anytime, anywhere, but, hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Thanks again

If you want travel, Trenton is the best bet. I just recently finished almost 7 years in Trenton and got a lot of travel in my time there. It may be a little slower now than in the past few years but there is still opportunity.

Thanks again. I'm really hoping he Component Transfer is done quickly. I know it's wishful thinking but those around me are guess-timating that I should hear something around April.

Can someone tell me which vehicles are covered during the drivers course portion of the Tfc Tech 3s course?

You will do a basic driver course, I'm not sure exactly which vehicles are covered in it these days since most of the vehicles we did are obsolete now. You will also do a basic forklift course as well.

Does anyone know when the next traffic tech course will be. Im waiting for course no one seem to have an answer or care . Starting to regret my O.t in stuff doing crappy job instead of ojt for some reason

Reg F TFC TECH QL3 MOD 1 / technicien des mouvements NQ3 MOD 1 F ACNG 119019 23 24/10 0012F P-27 15-Oct-15 17-Nov-15 Scheduled
Reg F TFC TECH QL3 MOD 2 / technicien des mouvements NQ3 MOD 2 F ACNG 119020 61 24/10 0011F P-27 18-Nov-15 24-Feb-16 Scheduled

Link is here  http://borden.mil.ca/26/201.aspx DWAN

Thanks ! I asked  because i dont have access to dwan. Im on the base training list in Edmonton  i was wondering if anyone on here has a point of contact or knows any traffic techs in Edmonton that could  possibly  get  me
on job exprience  before  i get on  course. Still have no idea when im going on course but im hoping soon.

skerritt.kevin said:
Thanks ! I asked  because i dont have access to dwan. Im on the base training list in Edmonton  i was wondering if anyone on here has a point of contact or knows any traffic techs in Edmonton that could  possibly  get  me
on job exprience  before  i get on  course. Still have no idea when im going on course but im hoping soon.

Send me a PM with your contact info.  I don't control traffic techs but know folks that do

Hi . Just looking for some insight on something. I'm on my 3s for traffic technician and just trying to figure out where I want to get posted. I'm really leaning towards Winnipeg but just wondering if any traffic techs here can give me any idea what it would be like there. Is it all CMTT? I'd like tocwork around the hercs. Is there much opportunity for travel as a traffic technician in Winnipeg?

Back