• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Training Music

Linkin Park, Disturbed, Killswitch Engaged, Mudvayne, Soil, Korn, Slipknot, Rammstein, Seven Dust... I could go on and on, but you guys have summed it up when it comes to lifting, intensity is all that matters. Whatever puts you in that cold dark place.

Sappo said:
Running - I know some of you will hate it simply because its american, but I go with Ranger running cadences... most of them are long enough at 15-20 minutes, and are in the same beat for most.. so you can simply play 2-3 back to back and never lose step. I am not exactly sure the pace most of the rangers run at, but I found the pace with the cadences I have put me running around 7min/miles. Take that as you like.

I found it really good for keeping me going, just keep your feet moving in time with the soldiers on the music, and you'll be pushing hard.

I wanna be an Airborne Ranger.. I wanna live a life of danger..  ;D

I'm going to have to say Sum 41 is the way to go for me.  Lots of good constant beats to keep the pace, however some real metal (Iron Maiden style) usually will do the trick as well.  I'll agree with armymedic that Canadian is usually a sure fire way to get going, but more in the style of Billy Talent, Sum 41 and some of the Simple Plan stuff (although they are moving more toward sleeping music now).

Also getting the honours of good training music are: Nofx, SNFU, Rise Against, Pennywise and Blink 182

right now, for training and easy listening I have a nice  medley of acid drinkers, slayer, metallica, carcariass, skinlab, primer 55, coal chamber, lamb of god, dry kill logic and hatebreed.  Bone snapping metal that whips me up, and when its done I have to pick my teeth off the floor ;D

I usually have two playlists on my PDA (which doubles as my MP3 player)

I have a "Cardio set" which is energetic but steady beat trance and techno, stuff like Darude or Rank 1 or such. Basically, while I don't really need it, it helps with getting into a rhythm.

I also have a "Power set" which is what I use to psych up for weights. Usually contains Rob Zombie, Scooter, Bang!, and heavy, fast, hard stuff to get my juices flowin and my body pumped up ;D

If you REALLY want, I can do a winamp copy of my playlists and post them  ;)

Enter Sandman, the greatest workout song and I never get sick of it.

ZZ-Top in the weight room.

For a good ruck tune, try "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" by Iron Butterfly.  17:05 of solid 70's rock cadence.

Back