• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not. Nanos research

I just saw a clip from Yesterday's Normandy ceremonies where an American Vet in a wheelchair shakes our P.M.'s hand as Trudeau introduces Zelensky. The Vet immediately drops Trudeau's hand and hugs Zelensky. Old guys are like Kids , Drunks and yoga pants . They all tell the truth.
Apparently when Prince William asked one vet what he did when he hit the beach his answer was “get the hell off it”.

No, that he wants Canadians to have some sort of violent uprising.
It's absolutely infuriating. I wouldn't be surprised if Trudeau and company are trying to aggravate people on purpose to elicit a violent response.
Or maybe, just maybe, it just could truly be against the law?

I suspect someone on Team Blue (hell, even Team Orange) knows the names - why aren't they singing the list from the rooftops? If they speak out & get charged, the fundraising emails can go out with a "scapegoat" and "being tried for political reasons" narrative, right? ;)

How about those int insiders who leaked to the media about the Chinese shenanigans, and a lot of people here were happy to see leak - any of them lining up with a nominal roll of MP's they're talking about in the reports?

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, as frustrating as it is to people who hate the one smoking the particular cigar.

Meanwhile, if you have 1/2 an hour, this is worth a listen ....
Guest runs his own political podcast, is a former Team Red operator (worked on Turner's leadership campaign, ran Wynne's campaign, senior Martin strategist). They spend the time dissecting why it's time for JT to GTFO, and discuss various leadership contenders (the usual suspects) who dare not say they're leadership contenders.

If you want to hear a true believer tell the King he truly is naked, it's a good listen.

If you're cynical, and might enjoy hearing a political operator/consultant poooooooooooooossibly subliminally (or not so much) and crassly offering himself up for advice to any leadership contenders, it's still an interesting listen :)

Last edited:

I suspect someone on Team Blue (hell, even Team Orange) knows the names - why aren't they singing the list from the rooftops? If they speak out & get charged, the fundraising emails can go out with a "scapegoat" and "being tried for political reasons" narrative, right? ;)

How about those int insiders who leaked to the media about the Chinese shenanigans, and a lot of people here were happy to see leak - any of them lining up with a nominal roll of MP's they're talking about in the reports?

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, as frustrating as it is to people who hate the one smoking the particular cigar.
that’s the thing, there are CPC members on the committee.

And while some think that PP getting security cleared to see the list will somehow muzzle him, there is no reason why he could not do that (given that he expects to be PM) and leave the political opposition questioning to someone else in the party who would not be “shackled”.

... while some think that PP getting security cleared to see the list will somehow muzzle him, there is no reason why he could not do that (given that he expects to be PM) and leave the political opposition questioning to someone else in the party who would not be “shackled”.
And some even more cynical might say PP's happy not knowing the list just to be able to keep poking Team Red (justifiably) about the issue without being conflicted about knowing & not saying.

If the names don't come out (and I'd bet a loonie that at least some will eventually seep out), it'll be interesting what PMPP would do if/when he takes over the wheelhouse.

Meanwhile, if you have 1/2 an hour, this is worth a listen ....
Guest runs his own political podcast, is a former Team Red operator (worked on Turner's leadership campaign, ran Wynne's campaign, senior Martin strategist). They spend the time dissecting why it's time for JT to GTFO, and discuss various leadership contenders (the usual suspects) who dare not say they're leadership contenders.

If you want to hear a true believer tell the King it's time, it's a good listen.

If you're cynical, and might enjoy hearing a political operator/consultant poooooooooooooossibly subliminally (or not so much) and crassly offering himself up for advice to any leadership contenders, it's still an interesting listen :)

I love a new podcast! Thank you.

If you do listen to "The Curse of Politics" podcast, there's operators from all three major teams (admittedly two with Team Red links) on every week, and they go at 'er quite ... swearily sometimes :)

Believe it or not I like to listen to the other side. And I've voted LPC and NDP before. I try to get out of the Con silo as much as possible.

I will be adding that to my list!

Do you follow @OldSolduer podcast ? It's awesome!

that’s the thing, there are CPC members on the committee.

And while some think that PP getting security cleared to see the list will somehow muzzle him, there is no reason why he could not do that (given that he expects to be PM) and leave the political opposition questioning to someone else in the party who would not be “shackled”.

Two CPC MPs specifically; Rob Morrison, former RCMP chief superintendent with some international liaison experience, followed by some time at global Affairs, and Alex Ruff, former Col hailing from the RCR. Both are relatively junior MPs but with compelling backgrounds, and with full careers/pensions already under their belt. I bet there have been some interesting conversations within the party.

Two CPC MPs specifically; Rob Morrison, former RCMP chief superintendent with some international liaison experience, followed by some time at global Affairs, and Alex Ruff, former Col hailing from the RCR ...
Both folks who know lots about about when one can ... colour inside the lines and when one can colour outside the lines when it comes to rules, laws and the like, for sure. Thanks for that!

Both folks who know lots about about when one can ... colour inside the lines and when one can colour outside the lines when it comes to rules, laws and the like, for sure. Thanks for that!
Morrison was the RCMP liaison in Pakistan from December 2001 to Feb 2003, so he definitely knows some stuff about the NS world.

Believe it or not I like to listen to the other side. And I've voted LPC and NDP before. I try to get out of the Con silo as much as possible.

I will be adding that to my list!

I find anything where conservatives punch right or liberals punch left extremely interesting. They’re the one uninterested in cheerleading.

Do you follow @OldSolduer podcast ? It's awesome!

What?! Why am I just hearing about this now? What’s it called? I need to find that!

I find anything where conservatives punch right or liberals punch left extremely interesting. They’re the one uninterested in cheerleading.

What?! Why am I just hearing about this now? What’s it called? I need to find that!
Its called Master of None and its on Spotify for now.

MM has one called "Fed with a fire hose" Its gooder than mine

Ya I'm not sure how she's got that...

She didn't even attempt to answer the question...

Wow…that’s gotta be a record for length of a non-answer.

That's a lot of words for "it's in the hands of the appropriate authorities."

The same authorities that didn't bother interviewing Trudeau over SNC Lavalin.

The same authorities that didn't bother interviewing Trudeau over SNC Lavalin.
My favourite was the Aga Khan one where the RCMP admitted it was likely fraud, however they didn’t want to press charges because it might look like ‘political interference’.

News flash, not charging politicians when you think they broke the law IS political interference.

Back