• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Uh Oh!

I can handle that kind of pain - I don't even mind the pain of getting shots.  I do have two kids - I've had more needles poked into me than I like to think about.  But that doesn't mean that I won't avoid getting multiple vaccines like the plague if I can.

I was going to tell a joke about New Waterford , and needles but I decided not to haha

px90 said:
I was going to tell a joke about New Waterford , and needles but I decided not to haha

It's not her fault she's from there.....

Kidding

Oh I know what your saying like If I knew I've had them before, I'd try and avoid getting them as well, but if it came down to it and I couldn't prove that I've got them, it wouldn't bother me at all just to get them again and get it over with.

px90 said:

thanks for that - I don't normally ever admit I'm from there.. I'm systematically getting farther and farther away  ;D

SoldierInTheMaking said:
Oh I know what your saying like If I knew I've had them before, I'd try and avoid getting them as well, but if it came down to it and I couldn't prove that I've got them, it wouldn't bother me at all just to get them again and get it over with.

yeah I just really hate them.  Of course, if I have to, I'll grit my teeth and get it done - but it won't be the highlight of my day.

Lil_T said:
yeah I just really hate them.  Of course, if I have to, I'll grit my teeth and get it done - but it won't be the highlight of my day.

haha yea it wouldn't be mine either.

I don't mind being on the receiving end of a needle (shots), they make me feel invincible.  On the other hand, I hate being on the giving end of a needle (giving blood), they make me feel a bit weak and in some cases light-headed. 

so this should be interesting - just got off the phone with the Public Health Nurse and she's mailing my records out.  I have NO idea what vaccinations I have prior to the last 5 years.

Yeah I recently looked at my booklet and I have a lot of shots,  most in the first few years of being born. Poor me... I must have been one raging baby to get that many shots.

So when you go to Basic you just bring your booklet with you and give it to them there or how does it work?

rjr said:
Yeah I recently looked at my booklet and I have a lot of shots,  most in the first few years of being born. Poor me... I must have been one raging baby to get that many shots.

Did you ever hear of the immunization schedule for children?? Public Health Agency Canada

SoldierInTheMaking said:
So when you go to Basic you just bring your booklet with you and give it to them there or how does it work?

Yes, you take your own book and/or any certified true copies of your needles and you will give it to your staff your first week.  From there the book will make it over to the MIR so they can figure out what needles you need on basic, I think you go for needles around week 4 or 5.  Then you will get your old records back, as soon as the MIR is done with them and prior to departure, when all of your needles are up to date or you are about to leave from basic to your next base you will get a new booklet made by the MIR staff.  That was my experience anyways, last year.

newmet said:
Yes, you take your own book and/or any certified true copies of your needles and you will give it to your staff your first week.  From there the book will make it over to the MIR so they can figure out what needles you need on basic, I think you go for needles around week 4 or 5.  Then you will get your old records back, as soon as the MIR is done with them and prior to departure, when all of your needles are up to date or you are about to leave from basic to your next base you will get a new booklet made by the MIR staff.  That was my experience anyways, last year.

Alright cool, Thanks!

Dylan

rjr said:
Yeah I recently looked at my booklet and I have a lot of shots,   most in the first few years of being born. Poor me... I must have been one raging baby to get that many shots.

haha that's pretty standard actually.

so yeah.. I got my immunization records today.  They're not entirely complete.  I'm going to have to go through the rest of my records to see if there is a mention of me getting the MMR 2 years ago.  Don't know what else I'm supposed to have - but I have a feeling I'm going to get jabbed a few times.

What is the vaccine policey of the PRes?  Medical is coming up and I was wondering if I should bring my previous immunization records to that?  Does the PRes differ to joining the Reg's? 

Any comments?  I did a search and decided to post into this topic,.

Thank you

Back