• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

University Training Plan NCM (UTPNCM) 2019

I got accepted last year for MARS/NWO and just finished first year. I can already tell i'm gonna hate this trade. has anyone sucessfully switched trades while going through school? I think its a VOT-U

misratah500 said:
I got accepted last year for MARS/NWO and just finished first year. I can already tell i'm gonna hate this trade. has anyone sucessfully switched trades while going through school? I think its a VOT-U
Yes, I did it this year. Although I finished school and was on dp 1.2. After sustaining a back injury on course and some significant rehab I decided to switch it up.  Its just the Officer VOT-U process, Which I believe you can apply for in your last 2 years of school. Quite straight forward but its only once a year selection unlike NCMs every 3 months.

misratah500 said:

Yes, it's called VOT-U. As far as I know, you are eligible to apply after you have successfully completed your BMOQ (mod 1 & mod 2) if you don't already have it. Also, you should be doing fine in your school (as in you are not failing classes). The process is just like any other VOT but you can only do it once a year. I did VOT-U in September which was my 2nd year of university, and PSO interview was done in October. The offer usually starts to roll out starting in February of the following year, and you could be waiting for the offer up to May or even June (which was my case). The best thing is you talk to your PSO for more up to date information if you are serious about applying for VOT-U. I hope this helped and good luck!

So I was incorrect about being in the final 2 years of study, that was for the special vot-u that just finished.

See the just released CANFORGEN on the subject: 055/19
That should answer your questions.

edlabonte said:
I got my offer for ACSO. I'm looking forward to my second military career.

Congrats! Are you doing the full four years of school? If so we may end up on the same course.

Trackrl said:
Congrats! Are you doing the full four years of school? If so we may end up on the same course.

I have 2.5 years of school. 2022 I should be on deck for the ACSO course.

Congrats to all who have been accepted, just got my posting message, see you at RMC Otter Sqn!

I got my offer for PSO a few weeks ago but I am still waiting for a posting message. Anyone here still waiting for their posting message? I'm a bit nervous.

mpfil said:
I got my offer for PSO a few weeks ago but I am still waiting for a posting message. Anyone here still waiting for their posting message? I'm a bit nervous.

I still don't have mine either, I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't come until sometime in June.

Cost moves take priority on posting messages, if you are no cost, you will get it later.

misratah500 said:
I got accepted last year for MARS/NWO and just finished first year. I can already tell i'm gonna hate this trade.

That is, I am sure, a frustrating situation.

Please let me first point out that as an officer being an NWO is a career and profession; not a trade.  It is just semantics, but words matter.

What exactly do you hate?  Have you been to sea on a ship?  Do you hate going to sea?  Or is it what you are studying that is what you dislike?  If you can be a bit more specific maybe we can help.  I will suggest that there are huge differences between (A) what you study at school (B) being in school  (C) MARS/NWO training and (D) a career as a MARS/NWO. 

If being in the navy and being an NWO is really not for you, take action right away to make the necessary changes.  You do not want to live your life doing something you don't like and don't want to do.  That is in nobody's best interest.

Good day Buck,

I am looking to apply to UTPNCM to go TDO, and I am currently a Sup Tech.

Can you please tell me what status these two trades are and how many TDO positions are available this or next FY?

I believe that Sup Tech is probably red right now, as that's how my luck usually works.  Any info on my intended CoA is appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

HavoK said:
Good day Buck,

Can you please tell me what status these two trades are and how many TDO positions are available this or next FY?

I believe that Sup Tech is probably red right now, as that's how my luck usually works.  Any info on my intended CoA is appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

HavoK,

If you are applying for UTPNCM, refer to the CANFORGEN and the DWAN page for the Director of Personnel Generation Requirements (DPGR). Look under "Production Reports" for the "SIP Scorecard", it will show the number of positions for each in-service selection program by trade.

HavoK said:
Good day Buck,

Thanks for your time.

Hi there HavoK,

You certainly can apply for TDO. I just received my stripe and am the 1 of 1 UTP for TDO this year I believe. I was also a supply tech up until today. I'm going to a civvie U for a Bachelor of Commerce in HR Management, and from talking to future peers it seems the requirement has changed from an education degree so you have some leeway for your application/what you want to study. I recommend applying to more than just TDO, if you really want into the program it is better to have more options on your application.

Cheers.

Can anyone please provide an example of their memo for the CoC recommendations? I'm kinda late to the party for the 2020 competition since the due date is Oct 1 but I was dealing with some stuff. Now CoC has 1 week to put my package for the BPSO and I want to make sure it goes well :)

You could substitute personal info with ***. Send a copy to ivan-fm@hotmail.com if you have a chance please :)

At this time of year the CAF is taking in applications for the 2020 UTPNCM competition. You will have to find the relevant CANFORGEN with the details. In the new year they hold selection boards, In the spring they push out offers, then candidates move during APS and start school in the fall... It's very much an annual cycle that kicks off with a CANFORGEN in the summer. Fair warning, it's very competitive, only about half of those that apply get an offer. Depending on what occupation you want to take will further dictate how many spots are available for applicants. The only advice i can give is if your CFAT score isn't very high, talk to your BPSO to retake the CFAT. It makes up the largest portion of your score and is very objective. Other elements of the ranking score are more subjective and the board has to has how who sits where. Think of the CFAT score as your pre-ranking, the better it is, the higher your score is before the board even sits.

Good day all,

Applying to both RMC and civilian college/university is highly encouraged for UTPNCM under the CANFORGEN msg, but I am not obligated to apply to RMC, if I understand it correctly? How do I initiate my application for RMC if I was choosing that path anyways? I do not see an option on OCAS/OUAC or CAF Online Application Portal (as I am already serving). Also, when are the transcripts submitted? When I brought them to my initial meeting with the PSO, I was advised to just present a photocopy later if I wanted to keep the originals.

I have already submitted my memo showing interest, DND 4495 and adjoining references up the CoC. I have put RMC as an Institution on the Application for In-Service Selection Programme Form, but following recommendation and discussing with the BPSO during the interview, I may have it removed as I have a newborn and am married.

Please advise.

Thank you

Back