• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

up to date information on infantry training after bmq

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevefrench

Inactive
Reaction score
recently ive bee investigating the infantry trade and trying to get a definative answer on the length of time on training past the bmq stage (soldier qualification and trade taining) also locations if possible... the forces.ca website tells you 2 different things from the video and hard copy on the website, ive also heard another answer from a friend, please any help would be great

Are you talking regular force or reserve?

Basic Military Qualification (BMQ) is 13 weeks long. After completing BMQ you go to SQ which lasts 20 training days. Finally you go to your Basic Military Occupational (MOC) Training which is about 17 weeks.

This is from the CF recruiting site.
http://www.forces.ca/

If this is what your even asking  :p I don't know of any training after this other than field exercises etc

yeah thanks smirnoff thats what i was asking, so is it safe to say that as of today soldier qualifiction is officially 20 days and infantry trade training is 17 weeks?  (subject to change of course)

Be careful of how one reads these times.  Some of them include one week for Administration, before all the weeks of Training begin.  This causes some of the confusion.

i definately will, the part that had me confused the most was the soldier qualification length, it says on forces.ca 20 days, on the forums here it says all different numbers and then i asked a recruiter on the forces.ca chat and he said 10 weeks, and then referred me to the forces.ca as the most up todate....so it confused me

The website should be correct. But the recruiter should be as well  :p

I have an SQ timetable in front of me right now and the course is 20 training days.  Now add on weekends, stat holidays (if applicable) and it adds up to around 4 weeks long.  For Infantry the SQ has been added onto their basic Infantry qualification (BIQ), I do not know off the top of my head how long that one is.

well i thank very much for the input, so we've established that the soldir qualification is 20 training days, so does that mean that initial infantry training after bmq is 17 weeks total.  20 days of which is soldier qualification - (4 weeks including weekends and holidays) ??

No, the MOC training is 17 weeks alone. You add the 4 weeks onto that i believe.

You should really just go to a recruiting centre  :p. More likely to get a correct answer from them.

I don't know where all this "information" is coming from... buuuut for what it's worth.

My brother finished his BMQ over a month ago, 13 weeks, and after a 2 week wait he's on his 13 week (I believe) BIQ, then he's on to battalion. No SQ, no 17 week Battle school.. 2 courses, and that's it.

Sure beats my 11 month wait to get through the training system when I went through.

so i just got off the phone with the calgrecruiting center and they informed me that it was approximately 8 weeks for soldier qualification and 8 weeks for infantry qualification, so total of 16 weeks after bmq, thanks for everyones input

There is no SQ in the infantry and there hasn't been for almost 2 years. After BMQ you do a 14 week DP1 infantry course and thats it, your off to battalion

canadian_moose said:
There is no SQ in the infantry and there hasn't been for almost 2 years. After BMQ you do a 14 week DP1 infantry course and thats it, your off to battalion

That's the correct answer.  I just finished my DP1 Inf course in Dec 08.  It's 14 weeks long and combines what used to be SQ and battle school.  Where you do it will depend largely on what regiment you are going to.  PPCLI in Wainwright or Shilo, RCR in Meaford or Gagetown? and Vandoos in Valcartier.  That's what normally happens but a bunch of prospective patricias left for Gagetown to do their DP1 in December, or so I was told.

Double-R said:
That's the correct answer.  I just finished my DP1 Inf course in Dec 08.  It's 14 weeks long and combines what used to be SQ and battle school.  Where you do it will depend largely on what regiment you are going to.  PPCLI in Wainwright or Shilo, RCR in Meaford or Gagetown? and Vandoos in Valcartier.  That's what normally happens but a bunch of prospective patricias left for Gagetown to do their DP1 in December, or so I was told.

What about RCR in Petawawa? and PPCLI in Edmonton?
and after you do your DP1 infantry course and get to your battalion, what happens then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back