• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Election: 2016

Winner?  Loser?

Both are losers.  Hillary comes out ahead after last night I think.  trump couldn't capitalise on her weaknesses and kept taking bait and couldn't land any solid punches. 

Chris Wallace is the clear winner.

Baden Guy said:
"President Hilary Clinton.  President Hilary Clinton"

Just practising.  [:D

First Gentleman Bill Clinton.  First Gentleman Bill Clinton.

Do it right.  Practice like you fight. 

"Trump was asked by moderator Chris Wallace whether this meant the New York businessman would not commit to a peaceful transition of power."

"What I'm saying is that I will tell you at the time. I'll keep you in suspense. Ok?" Trump replied.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-refuses-to-guarantee-he-ll-accept-election-results-in-final-debate-1.3797493

I suspect that forced emergency services election night planning and scheduling into high gear.

Not to suggest he will not get in, but in case he does not, hopefully there will be no violence and his followers will be satisfied with venting their frustrations into their keyboards. 

mariomike said:
"Trump was asked by moderator Chris Wallace whether this meant the New York businessman would not commit to a peaceful transition of power."

"What I'm saying is that I will tell you at the time. I'll keep you in suspense. Ok?" Trump replied.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-refuses-to-guarantee-he-ll-accept-election-results-in-final-debate-1.3797493

I suspect that forced emergency services election night planning and scheduling into high gear.

Not to suggest he will not get in, but in case he does not, hopefully there will be no violence and his followers will be satisfied with venting their frustrations into their keyboards.

I just realised (honestly, I just did) that I will be vacationing in the Northwest US on election night... I think I mighttake the ferry to Victoria for the night....

George Wallace said:
So Killery is the better choice?  Hmmmm?    :-\

Yes. Next question, please.

Just wonder how this will sit, if they return to the White House:

14729216_10154522991293257_8801932144737544280_n.jpg

"Get out of Jail" card played.

well here is how I see this playing out.

Clinton wins.  Trump makes a vague reference to rigging then ninja bombs out.  Trump supporters are pissed and someone on the GOP side will adopt a populist agenda to court their support.  Clinton's four years will be dogged by questions and wikileaks stuff and other things we'll only find out about later.  The press will turn on her because no one else will be ripe enough for the taking.  Republicans will be in full on damage control mode and may actually see a full party split.  Clinton will be lucky to make it through 4 years without calls to impeach her over something.

Good luck America, the rollercoaster you are on has no harness...

George Wallace said:
Just wonder how this will sit, if they return to the White House:

14729216_10154522991293257_8801932144737544280_n.jpg

"Get out of Jail" card played.

Let us also remind those that can't remember that in the Senate (based largely on a party line vote): "The perjury charge failed with 45 senators voting "guilty" and 55 senators voting "not guilty". The obstruction of justice charge failed with 50 senators voting "guilty" and 50 senators voting "not guilty". In both cases, a two-thirds majority of 67 senators would have been required for conviction."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment_of_Bill_Clinton#Acquittal_by_the_Senate

On a different topic, I thought Chris Wallace did a very good job moderating this debate.

:cheers:

Remius said:
well here is how I see this playing out.

Clinton wins.  Trump makes a vague reference to rigging then ninja bombs out.  Trump supporters are pissed and someone on the GOP side will adopt a populist agenda to court their support.  Clinton's four years will be dogged by questions and wikileaks stuff and other things we'll only find out about later.  The press will turn on her because no one else will be ripe enough for the taking.  Republicans will be in full on damage control mode and may actually see a full party split.  Clinton will be lucky to make it through 4 years without calls to impeach her over something.

Good luck America, the rollercoaster you are on has no harness...

You've left out the answer to a very important question: How will the congressional elections play out on election day? While ordinarily one would have predicted that the Republicans would have retained both houses, the Trump factor has made this more of a toss-up then one would have thought earlier.

Remius said:
.....  Clinton will be lucky to make it through 4 years without calls to impeach her over something.

Now that would make 'history';.....a new record.    >:D

FJAG said:
Let us also remind those that can't remember that in the Senate (based largely on a party line vote): "The perjury charge failed with 45 senators voting "guilty" and 55 senators voting "not guilty". The obstruction of justice charge failed with 50 senators voting "guilty" and 50 senators voting "not guilty". In both cases, a two-thirds majority of 67 senators would have been required for conviction."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment_of_Bill_Clinton#Acquittal_by_the_Senate
There you go being all facty-nuance-y again  ;D

FJAG said:
You've left out the answer to a very important question: How will the congressional elections play out on election day? While ordinarily one would have predicted that the Republicans would have retained both houses, the Trump factor has made this more of a toss-up then one would have thought earlier.

Yeah, that's the one factor I can't prognosticate on.  Depends on how much bleeding the GOP can stop.

As we near the election more polls should follow this trend.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2016/white_house_watch_oct20

It’s too early to measure the impact of last night’s final presidential debate, but Republican Donald Trump now has a three-point lead nationally on Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online White House Watch survey finds Trump with 43% support among Likely U.S. Voters to Clinton’s 40%. Six percent (6%) still prefer Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson, and three percent (3%) favor Green Party nominee Jill Stein. Another three percent (3%) like some other candidate, and six percent (6%) are undecided.

Lumber said:
I just realised (honestly, I just did) that I will be vacationing in the Northwest US on election night... I think I mighttake the ferry to Victoria for the night....

Might not be a bad idea.  :)

Attachments

• electionnight.jpg
    electionnight.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 147
Rasmussen traditionally leans Republican in their findings; in the last presidential election, for example "For the second consecutive election — the same was true in 2010 — Rasmussen Reports polls had a statistical bias toward Republicans, overestimating Mr. Romney’s performance by about four percentage points, on average" (http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/11/10/which-polls-fared-best-and-worst-in-the-2012-presidential-race/?_r=0)

Speaking of polling, in a interesting tidbit, MacMullin is leading in Utah.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/19/independent-presidential-candidate-evan-mcmullin-leads-in-utah--new-poll.html

Independent presidential candidate Evan McMullin topped both Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton in a new Utah poll released Wednesday.

The survey, from Emerson College, showed that McMullin had 31 percent of support — while Trump had 27 percent and Clinton had 24 percent in the state. The margin of error for the poll was 3.6 percent, according to a release detailing the results.

A poll with a Methodology that appears to be generally accurate in results:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/politics/

Nate Silver's FiveThirtyEight uses statistical analysis — hard numbers — to tell compelling stories ... By Nate Silver ... Never miss the best of FiveThirtyEight.

People need to be realistic.  Nate Silver's team is the gold standard for prognosticators.  Yes, they could get it wrong, but it isn't the way to bet.

Way early, the most common predictions were that it was highly unlikely the House would flip, and that the Democrats were favoured with a slightly better than 50% chance of taking the Senate.  If the House stays Republican with a few seats lost and the Democrats narrowly take the Senate, no-one should be surprised.  If the Republicans gain seats in the House or hold the Senate, an eyebrow or two may be raised.  If Republicans make gains in the Senate, those of you so inclined may begin preparations for End Times.

More on the voter fraud. Trump was right when he said he wouldn't commit to a smooth transition immediately. Let's get real. You can't trust Clinton. Who would buy a pig in a polk? If there is nothing untoward in the actual election, he goes with it. If there is something wrong, a la voter fraud, (more here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDc8PVCvfKs ) then he has the option for recounts, etc. Just like Al Gore did and just like Clinton will if she loses. Does anyone think she'll concede and go for a smooth transition if Trump beats her? Or Obama? He won't help with that transition.

He's not being un-American or coy. He's not criticizing democracy or the rule of law. He's not going to trust Clinton, quite deservedly and he's just acting like the smart businessman he is.

I don't think the dems new thing to pounce on was given much thought. The sex stuff has been put to bed (for now) and Clinton doesn't really have a way to damage him at the moment, except with more lies and that's starting to resonate with voters, who aren't liking it.

Back