• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Presidential Election 2024 - Trump vs Harris - Vote Hard with a Vengence

So, if I’m reading this right, the issue is the timing (within 90 days of the election), not so much the removal.
I think I'm reading it the same way you are Dimsum...

I have a question for those who know more than I - is 'removing voters from the election rolls' something that should be of concern, or not? Is it normal to remove voters from election rolls?

(Wtf is an election roll, anyway?)

I have a question for those who know more than I - is 'removing voters from the election rolls' something that should be of concern, or not? Is it normal to remove voters from election rolls?

Election rolls are the lists of eligible voters.

And yes, it’s normal to remove voters if, for example, they moved out of that state/municipality. Especially since in the US, it’s not like an “Elections US” body that governs federal elections (unlike Elections Canada) but rather each state has their own separate system.

The latest ep of Jon Stewart’s The Weekly Show podcast breaks it down pretty well. It’s long but worth a watch/listen.

Election rolls are the lists of eligible voters.

And yes, it’s normal to remove voters if, for example, they moved out of that state/municipality. Especially since in the US, it’s not like an “Elections US” body that governs federal elections (unlike Elections Canada) but rather each state has their own separate system.

The latest ep of Jon Stewart’s The Weekly Show podcast breaks it down pretty well. It’s long but worth a watch/listen.

Very much appreciated - Thank You!

Some elections end up being contested over a few thousand votes. Some states have removed over a million ineligible voters from their rolls, just this last time.

Back