• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Presidential Election 2024 - Trump vs Harris - Vote Hard with a Vengence

Wow. Imagine this exact same story, but replace “Trump” with “Harris”, likewise any campaign references, and it’s her in the photos. The Republicans would absolutely lose. Their. Minds. Or, to translate it to our terms, imagine team Trudeau doing this in the military section at Beechwood, where many of us have friends and colleagues buried.

I would very much like to see the Trump campaign release the video they promised they would release of this event. This needs to be fully disclosed and put to bed right now.

Wow. Imagine this exact same story, but replace “Trump” with “Harris”, likewise any campaign references, and it’s her in the photos. The Republicans would absolutely lose. Their. Minds. Or, to translate it to our terms, imagine team Trudeau doing this in the military section at Beechwood, where many of us have friends and colleagues buried.

I would very much like to see the Trump campaign release the video they promised they would release of this event. This needs to be fully disclosed and put to bed right now.
I’m still shocked at the number of US military personnel that support someone who has been quoted (and AFAIK not denied) by his old Chief of Staff as calling fallen vets “losers and suckers”.

You’d think that any support from the military/vet community would have dried up from that quote alone. But no.

I’m still shocked at the number of US military personnel that support someone who has been quoted (and AFAIK not denied) by his old Chief of Staff as calling fallen vets “losers and suckers”.

You’d think that any support from the military/vet community would have dried up from that quote alone. But no.
Political leanings override any respect for service for some.

US Ambassador to Canada: Our unhealthy obsession with the United States.

(Posting this in all three political threads)

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

US Ambassador to Canada: Our unhealthy obsession with the United States.

(Posting this in all three political threads)
Says the elephant's envoy as the mouse continues to sleep next to it (to hijack an old analogy) :)

The media consumption bit makes sense, given "American legacy media’s polarizing and partisan nature" (in the words of the piece), or at least rates a big "caveat lector" warning. Having to be careful about what you consume, though, is true for all media these days, though.

While being energized/"radicalized"/whatever by media coverage from the U.S., I think Canadians have been concerned/anxious about whatever happens in the U.S. for longer than we've had more polarized coverage.

Also, if we don't learn about whazzup with our biggest trading partner and the country that we're closest to in all ways via media, what's left? Just trust our own media to do the right thing? Or believe whatever politician is in power south of us and take everything they say at face value?

Big populations have all sorts of variables. Trump has cost himself a lot of support with his stupid comments and his attack on McCain. I think some of his support was his desire to pull out of the "Endless wars" and not have US soldiers die for ungrateful nations. That was a very powerful sentiment and likley most of his residual support is due to that.

Fact checks indicate that no obviously first-hand accusations have been made non-anonymously (ie. a named person who was verifiably present specifying time and place and content), that the accusations that appear to be first-hand are equivocal as to whether they are really second- or third-hand or synthesized from other sources, and that denials of people who may* have been there have been made non-anonymously. The veil of anonymity is an easy facade to conceal untruth. Trump lies a lot, and so do people who want to take him down. People inclined to vote Republican or merely to vote Trump aren't going to be swayed by uncertain claims.

*Impossible to be certain without corroboration from the accusers that the deniers were, or were not, present at the time and place of the alleged remarks.

Also, if we don't learn about whazzup with our biggest trading partner and the country that we're closest to in all ways via media, what's left? Just trust our own media to do the right thing? Or believe whatever politician is in power south of us and take everything they say at face value?
If we don't properly understand their political system and properly understand the reasons why things do and don't move forward, we make our own conclusions and decisions and moral and ethical judgements on faulty information at best, and risk being blindsided at worst. No point railing against a president when Congress controls a lever we want pushed. No point whining about how stupid it seems that a piece of legislation didn't pass if we don't understand the mechanics in enough detail to spot the poison pills. And ignorance of US politics is more costly than ignorance of Denmark's politics.

Hearsay. 'A source with knowledge of the incident' is not a source unless you're reading the National Enquirer. I am not say something didn't happen, but we shouldn't jump to conclusions. 'Can confirm there was an incident and a report filed', perhaps about the deranged person creating problems maybe? Until we have that report, it's speculation what's in it. There is not enough verifiable information to draw any kind of solid conclusion about what happened, but it won't stop people from trying.

Says the elephant's envoy as the mouse continues to sleep next to it (to hijack an old analogy) :)

The media consumption bit makes sense, given "American legacy media’s polarizing and partisan nature" (in the words of the piece), or at least rates a big "caveat lector" warning. Having to be careful about what you consume, though, is true for all media these days, though.

While being energized/"radicalized"/whatever by media coverage from the U.S., I think Canadians have been concerned/anxious about whatever happens in the U.S. for longer than we've had more polarized coverage.

I agree that we need to know what is up with the elephant. My biggest pet peeve is when CBC/CTV live broadcast and entire press conference of a mass (3 people) shooting in Tulsa Oklahoma (or Monday). Like FF sakes, cover the important shyte but lets concentrate on Canada and quit the gawd awful "Canadian Connection" angle to everything USA. (The amount of ink spilt on the fact that Kamala went to high school in Montreal, :sick:)

I agree that we need to know what is up with the elephant. My biggest pet peeve is when CBC/CTV live broadcast and entire press conference of a mass (3 people) shooting in Tulsa Oklahoma (or Monday). Like FF sakes, cover the important shyte but lets concentrate on Canada and quit the gawd awful "Canadian Connection" angle to everything USA. (The amount of ink spilt on the fact that Kamala went to high school in Montreal, :sick:)
Our media often reports on shootings down there. Especially if rifle related and multiple victims. More often they use it as a lead in for their editorial support of trudeau's private property seizures and confiscations

... lets concentrate on Canada and quit the gawd awful "Canadian Connection" angle to everything USA. (The amount of ink spilt on the fact that Kamala went to high school in Montreal, :sick:)
Or, at the very least, ask the question "what's this mean for Canadians?", as opposed to "this touches on Canada - bright shiny thing!".

Back