• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Presidential Election 2024 - Trump vs Harris - Vote Hard with a Vengence

Also word of current management being invited as well ....

And the White House response

Gold Star families did not invite President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris to Arlington National Cemetery by last week to commemorate the third anniversary of the attack at Abbey Gate in Afghanistan, a White House official and a Harris aide told NBC News, rebutting separate claims made Sunday by GOP Sen. Tom Cotton and former Rep. Tulsi Gabbard.

The two were speaking about former President Donald Trump's visit last week to Arlington National Cemetery, where he has drawn criticism for posing for photos with Gold Star families in a section of the cemetery where photos are traditionally prohibited.

Last week, White House National Security Council spokesman John Kirby said Trump’s visit was a “personal invitation by families.”

“There are many ways that we as a nation and our leaders can observe the third anniversary of Abbey Gate,” Kirby said. “Another way is to continue to work, maybe not with a lot of fanfare, maybe not with a lot of public attention, maybe not with TV cameras, but to work every single day to make sure that the families of the fallen and of those who were injured and wounded — not just at Abbey Gate but over the course of the 20-some-odd years that we were in Afghanistan — have the support that they need.”

The Army also accused a member of Trump's campaign staff of "abruptly push[ing] aside" a cemetery staff member who sought to enforce restrictions on taking photos and video at the location.

Asked about the incident Sunday on NBC News' "Meet the Press," Cotton, R-Ark., told moderator Kristen Welker: "These families, Gold Star families, whose children died because of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris’ incompetence invited [Trump] to the cemetery and they asked him to take those photos. ... You know who the families also invited? Joe Biden and Kamala Harris. Where were they? Joe Biden was sitting at a beach. Kamala Harris was sitting at her mansion in Washington, D.C."

Cotton said he spoke to Kelly Barnett and Darin Hoover, the parents of Marine Staff Sgt. Darin Taylor Hoover, who died in Afghanistan three years ago. Cotton didn't specify whether they were the family members he claimed invited Biden and Harris.

Gabbard, a former Democratic House member from Hawaii, echoed Cotton, telling CNN on Sunday: "President Biden and Harris, I heard, were invited by some of these family members. They not only didn’t come; they didn’t even respond to that invitation."

Trump last week defended the photos and videos he took at the cemetery, telling NBC News in Michigan on Thursday that a Gold Star family "asked me whether or not I would stand for a picture at the grave of their loved one who should not have died.”

He said he didn’t initiate the photo, adding: “While I was there, I didn’t ask for a picture. While I was there, they said, ‘Sir, could we have a picture at the grave?’"

Thing is, support from the Gold Star families still doesn’t make it legal to then create campaign material. And ironically, Trump later even mentioning Harris makes it even worse - Trump could have cut that part out and say it was a memorial service and that could have passed the sniff test. He was invited, he made some remarks, end of story.

But no, because he later posted on Truth Social after the videos came out and Harris responded, he definitely made it a political campaign thing.

Frustrated George Costanza GIF
All of this fanfare in the media and online about this visit?

This is EXACTLY why those rules are in place; THIS isn't supposed to happen.

Back