• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Presidential Election 2024 - Trump vs Harris - Vote Hard with a Vengence

No. It says a lot about Trump.

;)
instead of accepting how bad a candidate Trump is, a whole narrative is created. The Democrats saw that Biden was not considered a suitable candidate by enough voters and had the sense to change course. The race is still probably closer than it should be because Kamala Harris is maybe not a great candidate herself and because of political polarization

instead of accepting how bad a candidate Trump is, a whole narrative is created. The Democrats saw that Biden was not considered a suitable candidate by enough voters and had the sense to change course. The race is still probably closer than it should be because Kamala Harris is maybe not a great candidate herself and because of political polarization
Bingo,

Had the majority of the Republican Party chosen to dump Trump and gone to a a much more ‘typical’ Republican candidate like Nikki Haley, I don’t think it would be much of a contest.

I don’t think Harris is a good candidate, but she’s probably good enough to beat Trump.

Bingo,

Had the majority of the Republican Party chosen to dump Trump and gone to a a much more ‘typical’ Republican candidate like Nikki Haley, I don’t think it would be much of a contest.

I don’t think Harris is a good candidate, but she’s probably good enough to beat Trump.
which brings me to the second part. Had the Republicans chosen Haley and i was an American I would have voted for her over Harris or Biden

Rather amusing watching folks come out and defend arguably the worst candidate in presidential history, that would be Harris for you deniers. The media and her sudden supporters are like clapping seals :ROFLMAO:.

Higher taxes
Open borders
Weak on crime
Censorship
Likely executive orders that assault all manner of the constitution
Abuse of authority as AG
You’d think “34-count convicted felon” would objectively, without comment, make someone the worst candidate, but here we are.

Rather amusing watching folks come out and defend arguably the worst candidate in presidential history, that would be Harris for you deniers. The media and her sudden supporters are like clapping seals :ROFLMAO:.

Higher taxes
Open borders
Weak on crime
Censorship
Likely executive orders that assault all manner of the constitution
Abuse of authority as AG
how can you be weaker on crime than an actual criminal?

What we have is a contrast between 45’s term and 46’s term. A vote for Trump will see an improvement on what was a good term (Trump’s first term). A vote for Harris will see a worsening of an already bad term (Biden’s).

All the lawfare and media/DNC lies won’t change that. If you’re hung up on the bullshit “34 count felony conviction” and are totally ok with the Biden corruption… then your are a victim of propaganda. I’m not staying there isn’t room for criticism about Trump but consider for a moment if you took the media lies and corrupt lawfare out of 45s term, what would you have?

What we have is a contrast between 45’s term and 46’s term. A vote for Trump will see an improvement on what was a good term (Trump’s first term). A vote for Harris will see a worsening of an already bad term (Biden’s).

All the lawfare and media/DNC lies won’t change that. If you’re hung up on the bullshit “34 count felony conviction” and are totally ok with the Biden corruption… then your are a victim of propaganda. I’m not staying there isn’t room for criticism about Trump but consider for a moment if you took the media lies and corrupt lawfare out of 45s term, what would you have?
I’d have half of his team refusing to support him for a second term, even publicly saying so.

To quote what PJ O’Rourke said about Hillary Clinton, I said about Biden four years ago and Harris today:

“She (Clinton) is bad. But she’s bad within normal parameters”.

Were I a Yank, I’d vote for a ham sandwich before I’d vote for Trump.

I find myself in the same boat here though. I’d vote for a ham sandwich before I’d vote for Trudeau.

The Democrats had to be forced into "changing course" by a display of Biden on a bad day that was too egregious for any amount of whitewashing, and then they forced him out. Until then, they tried to paper everything over.

There's no "maybe" about Harris. She was a hopeless candidate during the 2020 primary. The administration soon got in the habit of hiding her away, and it wasn't because they wanted to protect her factory finish until 2024. In the early stages of this election cycle, one of the courses of action floated for improving Biden's chances was to replace Harris with another VP candidate.

The Democrats had to be forced into "changing course" by a display of Biden on a bad day that was too egregious for any amount of whitewashing, and then they forced him out. Until then, they tried to paper everything over.

There's no "maybe" about Harris. She was a hopeless candidate during the 2020 primary. The administration soon got in the habit of hiding her away, and it wasn't because they wanted to protect her factory finish until 2024. In the early stages of this election cycle, one of the courses of action floated for improving Biden's chances was to replace Harris with another VP candidate.
but they did change course instead of sitting around bitching about Trump polling higher for another 2 months

but they did change course instead of sitting around bitching about Trump polling higher for another 2 months
Sure. After the polling started to indicate they might lose more seats in Congress than if Biden were removed. Then they had to apply who-knows-what kinds of threats to get Biden to bow out.

Sure. After the polling started to indicate they might lose more seats in Congress than if Biden were removed. Then they had to apply who-knows-what kinds of threats to get Biden to bow out.
Why do you and so many others think he had to be coerced out? Biden seems like he genuinely wants what's best for the country. Trump=bad for the country. Ergo, if Biden can't beat em, stepping away for someone who can seems like the patriotic thing to do. Or does the idea of selflessness not register within Trump supporters?

I’m still confused why GOP supporters are crying foul over Biden dropping out.

They said he was too old and mentally infirm to run against Trump. The GOP somehow managed to snatch “defeat” (in quotes bc it’s obviously not election yet) from the jaws of victory by having the Dems do exactly what the GOP said they should do.

Why couldn’t the GOP take the win and then focus on Harris? Having the narrative that the Dems are attacking each other (they’re not - Biden dropping out has been a rally for the Dems) takes time and space from attacking her policies.

It’s Labour Day so there are 2 months to the election. The GOP is still scattered trying to throw what they can, and own goals like Arlington isn’t helping them. The home stretch should be hammering on focused messages, not flailing about in what can be seen as desperation on Trump’s part. It’s pretty clear that the GOP staff can’t control Trump or even keep him on message, and his rants are hurting them more than hurting the Dems.

I almost feel bad for Steven Cheung as his press secretary, having to publicly explain all of this. Dude must be a true believer.

I’m still confused why GOP supporters are crying foul over Biden dropping out.

They said he was too old and mentally infirm to run against Trump. The GOP somehow managed to snatch “defeat” (in quotes bc it’s obviously not election yet) from the jaws of victory by having the Dems do exactly what the GOP said they should do.

Why couldn’t the GOP take the win and then focus on Harris?

Because they didn’t that win, they wanted that narrative.

BI’m still confused why GOP supporters are crying foul over Biden dropping out.
They went from a 3 point lead to 3 points behind. They were likely to win against Biden. Now it’s a race.

Why couldn’t the GOP take the win and then focus on Harris? Having the narrative that the Dems are attacking each other (they’re not - Biden dropping out has been a rally for the Dems) takes time and space from attacking her policies.
Likely, they didn’t see this coming. As well probably didn’t expect the Dems to form a united front so fast.
It’s Labour Day so there are 2 months to the election. The GOP is still scattered trying to throw what they can, and own goals like Arlington isn’t helping them. The home stretch should be hammering on focused messages, not flailing about in what can be seen as desperation on Trump’s part. It’s pretty clear that the GOP staff can’t control Trump or even keep him on message, and his rants are hurting them more than hurting the Dems.
People will be voting as of next week I think. We saw another chink in his armour on the Florida abortion ban legislation and him flip flopping. I think he learned that he may not exactly have the sway he thought he did so reversed his position. It seems that MAGA does actually have a limit. Or at least a wing of it.
I almost feel bad for Steven Cheung as his press secretary, having to publicly explain all of this. Dude must be a true believer.

And the Republicans are still papering things over.

I never cease being amazed at how delusional they are about Trump - particularly when they had some decent options.

I'm wondering what event will finally be "too egregious for the amount of whitewashing" of Trump's glaring inadequacies so that they'll be "forced into 'changing course'."

🍻

And the Republicans are still papering things over.

I never cease being amazed at how delusional they are about Trump - particularly when they had some decent options.

I'm wondering what event will finally be "too egregious for the amount of whitewashing" of Trump's glaring inadequacies so that they'll be "forced into 'changing course'."

🍻
J6 happened, so worse than that.

They went from a 3 point lead to 3 points behind. They were likely to win against Biden. Now it’s a race.

Likely, they didn’t see this coming. As well probably didn’t expect the Dems to form a united front so fast.
Agreed on both points, but when there was public talk about Biden’s chances, someone in the GOP team should have at least considered that they might actually do it, even as a throwaway COA. Why they didn’t have that from the beginning astounds me, considering that was the GOP attack line.

People will be voting as of next week I think. We saw another chink in his armour on the Florida abortion ban legislation and him flip flopping. I think he learned that he may not exactly have the sway he thought he did so reversed his position. It seems that MAGA does actually have a limit. Or at least a wing of it.
I’m not sure when in the timeline the reversal happened vs Vance’s comments about Trump not supporting a federal abortion ban. If the FL flip-flop was after the remarks on the federal ban it’s one thing, but if it was before…he supports the ban in FL but not federally?

J6 happened, so worse than that.
It would also have to be worse than a finding of civil liability for rape, and it would have to be worse than multiple criminal charges for obstruction of justice and keeping and hiding exceptionally classified national security intelligence. It would have to be worse than trash-talking former POWs, and would also have to be worse than openly bragging about grabbing women “by the pussy”. It would have to be worse than multiple corporate bankruptcies, and it would have to be worse than being a serial philanderer who repeatedly cheats on the mothers of his children.

So it would have to be pretty bad. Like, at a minimum, pineapple on pizza bad, or admitting to liking Nickleback bad.

Back