• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Presidential Election 2024 - Trump vs ??? - Vote Hard with a Vengence

Biden gives his own eulogy.
During which he tied Harris to all of their policies.

36 years as a Senator, four as VP, and four as President of the United States… That’s one hell of a succesful career by any measure, and he’s walking out still on his feet. Sounds closer to a DWD than a funeral to me.

36 years as a Senator, four as VP, and four as President of the United States… That’s one hell of a succesful career by any measure, and he’s walking out still on his feet. Sounds closer to a DWD than a funeral to me.
Eye of the beholder I guess. Just a career politician. And there's lots of bad career politicians. I watched it and was unimpressed. Whatever they keep giving him to perform on stage just makes him look like a frail, angry old man who does a lot of yelling.

Eye of the beholder I guess. Just a career politician. And there's lots of bad career politicians. I watched it and was unimpressed. Whatever they keep giving him to perform on stage just makes him look like a frail, angry old man who does a lot of yelling.
Given that this is a big party event full of career politicians that it makes for a good venue for that. Assuming Harris Wins he’ll be able to do for her what Trump couldn’t bring himself to do on inauguration day.

rupauls drag race GIF

The irony here is causing me physical pain.
Pain from laughing too hard, right?

Because if so, me too…

Not sure that’s good to be good for Trump.
Does RFK realistically have the votes to change the calculus? And since his supporters are there specifically because they don’t think either the GOP or Dems speak for them, how many of his supporters would he be able to bring to the GOP anyway?

I guess any publicity is good publicity for them, but having video of themselves “thinking they were going to be Jordan Klepper, but were trolled instead” (not my comment, but it’s amazing) for all the world to see is an interesting strategy.

Peter Mansbridge’s latest ep on his podcast had an interesting argument by Keith Boag:

In the US, there hasn’t been precedent for a party to go into the campaign ahead, then drop behind, then turn that around to become a winner.

It’s certainly possible that the GOP could pull off something in the final 2.5 months but historically, if a party loses the initiative, it doesn’t end up winning.

Edited to add: I’m wondering if the Logan Act applies to what Trump said in his latest rally about encouraging the end of hostilities, or just about the alleged other stuff in the article.

Last edited:
Edited to add: I’m wondering if the Logan Act applies to what Trump said in his latest rally about encouraging the end of hostilities, or just about the alleged other stuff in the article.

Very possible, but I think we could expect to see DOJ exercise restraint and not take overt criminal investigative/prosecutorial steps with an election pending. I could easily see that being a ‘nothing heard’ until after November.

Trump says that he’d be open to role in his administration of RFK drops out and endorses him

So far, RFK, Musk and Vance. That’s quite the Justice League line up they’ve assembled…
As opposed to Swift/Clooney? lol

Back