• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

USS John S McCain captain relieved

Naval officer who posed for pictures with a rifle scope on backwards removed from command.

Something like that has to be a huge red flag for how much the crew thinks of the CO; they can save your ass if they like you buy also let you bury yourself if they don't, and give a subtle nudge here and there.

Something like that has to be a huge red flag for how much the crew thinks of the CO; they can save your ass if they like you buy also let you bury yourself if they don't, and give a subtle nudge here and there.
I was about to say something similar. There is no way he put that scope on the rifle, himself. Somebody did it that way, on purpose, to send a message.

I’d also like to point out that his M4 RAS wasn’t on the carbine correctly either.

IMG_1646.jpeg
The top (3/4 of it) section wasn’t locked on the barrel nut and thus the top section and the Left and Right are pointing downward not in axis with the bore.

Correctly installed M4RAS below.

IMG_1647.jpeg

Honestly it says a lot about him and the crew that he was allowed to pose like that.

Actually he was joking around for the Camera. And momentarily fogot that all humor tends to be subjective...Not to worry people have constantly been reminding him of that fact .

Actually he was joking around for the Camera. And momentarily fogot that all humor tends to be subjective...Not to worry people have constantly been reminding him of that fact .
If you make a joke, you need to ensure people know it's a joke.

Claiming after the fact that something dumb you did was a "joke" never works.

If you make a joke, you need to ensure people know it's a joke.

Claiming after the fact that something dumb you did was a "joke" never works.
Is this referring to Chrétien? It was an inappropriate set-up, nothing he had control or awareness of until after the fact, and made the CAF pay for the stupidity of a few…

I found US Army officers to have zero sense of humor. Or maybe I misjudged them. Could the USN be similar?

Is this referring to Chrétien? It was an inappropriate set-up, nothing he had control or awareness of until after the fact, and made the CAF pay for the stupidity of a few…
I assumed it was about the USN skipper.

I''m pretty confident the PM was not "in" on the joke with the helmet.

Back