• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

UTPNCM Offers 2011

clericalchronicals

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering, what is the word on the street about this years UTPNCM offers?  Any ideas when we'll hear back from the boards?

Cheers!

If past years are used as an indication not for some time yet (Mar-Apr) time frame.

MJP said:
If past years are used as an indication not for some time yet (Mar-Apr) time frame.

When I received my offer last year it wasn't until mid-March and I believe it was part of the first-round of offers that went out. Consequently, if you don't make the first round you may be waiting until late-April for all the final offers to trickle out. You can try searching the messaging system for wherever you're located to see if any other offers have filtered out. I found mine on MCOIN a full week before I was actually notified about it.

clericalchronicals said:
Hi all,

Just wondering, what is the word on the street about this years UTPNCM offers?  Any ideas when we'll hear back from the boards?

Cheers!

I have a DWAN link to their schedule, which I will try to rustle up tomorrow.  If they stick to it, initial offers start to go out sometime this month.

DGMC has a DWAN page for In-Service Selection at http://hr.ottawa-hull.mil.ca/dgmc/engraph/InServiceSelection_e.asp

You can find everything from overviews of all the Programs to the competition messages, application submission requirements, and of course the ISS Annual Program Schedule.  Please take the schedule with a grain of salt however, as it seems to be more of a guideline than a hard and fast rule.

As a side note, I too am waiting to hear news as well, so I will be sure to post if I hear anything.

Which occupation(s) did you apply for?

I was a bit, but not so much now. Offers went out last year around this time and neatly coincided with ROTP offers. I'm pretty sure that's not a coincidence (RMC gets to pick for both programs, might be a bottleneck) and ROTP offers have not gone out yet. So now I am waiting on the premise that they all should be released in or about the same date, and will get a little more anxious when ROTP starts to roll out.

As I stated above, the ISS schedule seems to be more of a guideline than anything. There could be a lot of factors playing into the "delay" that we don't know about (ie budget, SIP release, etc).  But yes, I agree, it would be easier I they said that offers would go out end Apr. I am sure no one would mind finding out early that they were accepted...

Good Luck!

Some units make their messages search/browseable (like MCOIN in Halifax/Shearwater) so you can see if any other offers came out. Like I said earlier, I'm pretty sure my offer came out in the second round and it was about this time last year.

I have access to MCOIN, I just don't know where to look in the system for the messages.  Where do I check for something like that?  :cdn:

My anxiousness comes and goes in waves.  I'm always expecting to hear something very soon.  I'll be sure to post when I hear something.  I applied for UTPNCM as a PSEL and am hoping to go to UNB this fall.  Good luck everyone!!

Pro Patria/Per Ardua Ad Astra!

There's a search option somewhere on the main page (forgive me, I don't have access to it anymore) to search the messages. Just type 'UTPNCM' into the search field and it should start coming up with offer messages.

RCR/ACS said:
I have access to MCOIN, I just don't know where to look in the system for the messages.  Where do I check for something like that?  :cdn:

I believe everyone is still in the dark.  Been thinking about calling D Mil C 7 and disguising my voice, all I want to know is if I should be sitting on the edge of my seat now, or in a month.

I'm with you Luke.  I was fine right until I was found out I was promoted this year too.  Lots of questions and no answers....  I should go on leave, that will guarantee that the message will come in.

Could someone explain to me how to check MCOIN III for messages.  I have access to the program just can't seemt o navigat all that well.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am so glad to see that I am not the only one going a little crazy with the waiting game.  I may be a little off on the theory, but I think the messages for UTPNCM and ROTP come out around the same timeframe.  It makes sense because all the applications get forwarded to RMC for review so they can have their picks of the bunch before civie U offers get cut.  So naturally nobody would hear anything until RMC is done with the applications, and it would make sense for RMC to review all the applications at the same time.

It just so happens that UTPNCM Messages came out right around the same time that ROTP messages came out the last couple years, so if you start seeing a bunch of ROTP guys screaming about their excitement about being accepted it'll probably be safe to say that the UT messages are on their way too.  At least that's my theory, and that's what I am basing my waiting game on now.

I hope I'm right, because ROTP hasn't been released yet this year, but *apparently*, according to the ROTP 2011-2012 thread, things should start rolling out in the next couple weeks.

So I think I should go and ask my CO if I can have a few weeks stress leave...I don't have any annual left and can't wait until the 1st to take more...

Good luck to all, hope we hear soon!

Back