• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

VAC Payments

Stokedondiesel

Inactive
Reaction score
I recently have been diagnosed with PTSD due to involvement with SwissAir. 13 years later and it finally ( not that I was ever waiting for it ) hit me. I've been in therapy for about a year now and see that I've been suffering from it for the last 13 years and didn't realize...only after a failed marriage and the total withdrawal from any social life did I realize something wasn't right. I've been getting fantastic help and am getting as close to normal that I think I can be. My question is that with the lump sum payout ( I received 10% already ) is that I heard that this is only the first payment. That when I am finally released, not from the military but from the care of my doctors and am of my TCAT, that there is supposed to be another lump sum payout. I would like to talk to the personnel at VAC but one of the issues that I deal with is paranoia and lack of self confidence. I fear that if I inquire that something will go wrong and I'll be denied any payout if it is coming. Has anyone out there dealt with this and getting lump sum payments? I am getting better each day and hope that my confidence will return...thanks in advance for any info....

Please don't worry about not getting any more monies.  You get your 10% up front, and fast if you remember.....and if you do look online at your VAC account it does say your file is " closed".  However you will recieve more based on the length of your treatment and the extent of your mental injury.  VAC will send your psychiatirist a letter asking about how things are going, and if you have " stabilized".

If your psychiatrist feels you are all better, he/she will let VAC know, and you will be paid out another lump.  If you aren't stabilized yet, the doc will let VAC know and they will inquire at perhaps 6 months down the road.

Anyhow, don't worry about things.....the system seems slow, but it does work.  VAC and your doctors are looking after your best interests...
Cheers
Steve-o

Back