• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

VAC wait times

Hi all
Long time lurker, first time poster (in this thread)
I submitted a claim, which was denied. There was some info on how to dispute their finding, but I've not dealt with VAC. Ever. From the peanut gallery (and without any detail on what was claimed: suffice it to say that I dispute their finding), is it worth it to dispute them? I'm not sure I want to deal with a government bureaucracy and all that entails.

Cheers!

will be interesting to receive the letter so I can see how they determined everything and compare to what I come up with.
Is this something you've asked to receive separately? Just incase you weren't aware, normally VAC doesn't send this out as a part of their process when approving someone for a successful claim application.

Hi all
Long time lurker, first time poster (in this thread)
I submitted a claim, which was denied. There was some info on how to dispute their finding, but I've not dealt with VAC. Ever. From the peanut gallery (and without any detail on what was claimed: suffice it to say that I dispute their finding), is it worth it to dispute them? I'm not sure I want to deal with a government bureaucracy and all that entails.

Cheers!
I asked a Legion Service officer to review my file to see if there was grounds to appeal. Once he received all the docs, told me the award was typical of the condition and it wasn't worth appealing for more money at that time. I'd enlist their help especially if it was denied. VAC is an insurance company and if there's a little bit of doubt they deny you automatically and make you fight for less than 5/5 service connection.

Back