• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

VAC wait times

......received confirmation of pension for lower lumbar spine, 10%, in Oct 2005. An MRI showed degenerative disc disease, herniated discs and spinal stenosis in L4/L5, L5/S1.

I take it you got 5 fifths. Ridiculous "award" amt. VAC being very cheap.

I take it you got 5 fifths. Ridiculous "award" amt. VAC being very cheap.

Not sure what it equates to under the NVC, but 10% disability pension for life under the old charter which this injury is under. Back in 2005, it might have been 10% disability but...my body lets me daily it's considerably worse than that now.

So, for myself and spouse amount for 10% pension is just over $400/month for life and a spousal benefit if I slip in the shower tomorrow for her, for life. I don't have an "award" it's considered a disability pension...no option for me to take a lump sum, no option for the govt to not pay it to me/spouse for life, though.

I did just attempt to complete the online QoL form and after I had the last sentence in and hit Submit....I got kicked out of the VAC site. FML. FML....60 minutes of typing.

One new thing I noticed in My VAC Account as of today 14 June 2022 is a newly revamp look for Step 3 Decision Making step. They added in a new look sub-sections of Step 3 showing where exactly and what your application is doing during Step 3. See figure below.

View attachment 71374
How long has your your claim been at step 3.1 and 3.2? Mine has been at step 3.2 for 17 weeks and I wonder if this is normal?

Geez, that is an abnormal long time at Step 3.2. Normally, from my own experience, once it proceeds to Step 3.2 it goes Complete in a matter of days. It just happened to my brother's VAC claim. Went to Step 3.2 then 2 days later went Complete.

I lost my departmental review even though my military doctor and BPA lawyer said it was a slam dunk. I was legitimately stunned, and so were the people at the BPA. I spoke to a woman there who was apologetic and sounded frazzled. I asked if it was normal to lose these and she said no, not at all, but that I was the 3rd one this week. They think my case will easily win at Boards, but that is another 18-24 months now. It seems like VAC is moving to make life more miserable now…

Speaking of VRAB hearings. After 10 long months, I finally received my Statement of Case (SOC) last week, but BPA told me due to the backlog, my VRAB board hearing will probably not happen until the Fall timeframe. Definitely sucks given all the waiting so far. Then it will probably be another 5-6 month wait before I see a VRAB Decision Letter, then another wait for the VAC Decision letter. As bad as all the waits were before, everything seems it's a double wait nowadays. Pathetic.

Given the current debt the government is running, you have to start wondering if there’s direction to “find savings” or something. I bet it also doesn’t help that people are still working from home; I don’t believe people are working as productively from their couch as they would an office, but that’s just me.

I have a request in since a December for reassessment for an entitled condition; first they said it will take 6-8 weeks to be contacted. I waited 3 months and then asked for an update and was then told it was up to 4 months. They move the goal line to where it suits them.

I’ve submitted 2 additional claims in March. They are still only showing as “received”.

The thing VAC is best at is being a clusterfuck of a department.

Thats been happening for awhile too, i asked for an appeal to my decision in feb 21 on the day i got my favourable decision letter, wasnt even registered with BPA and VRAB until sept 21, didnt sit with appeal board until nov 22, now im 4 weeks from asking for lump sum form and still waiting.

Thats been happening for awhile too, i asked for an appeal to my decision in feb 21 on the day i got my favourable decision letter, wasnt even registered with BPA and VRAB until sept 21, didnt sit with appeal board until nov 22, now im 4 weeks from asking for lump sum form and still waiting.
You’ll be waiting until almost 6 weeks, I just got mine a week ago. Anyone know how long it takes for them to process payments lately? Hoping it isn’t going to be the 8-10 weeks they say it could take. They used to be faster but since I waited almost the 6 weeks they said it could take just to get the lump sum form, I don’t have faith the system will deliver faster.

Ok thanks. I’ve been thinking it’s alittle odd they haven’t asked me for any amplifying information etc as to why I think my condition has worsened.

I don’t think it’s an application, as it’s all been approved under the old charter so it’s an adjustment to an existing pension amount basically.

Thanks! I think I’ll call them. Waiting blindly isn’t something I do well.
Contact Bureau of Pension Advocates and they will assist you. I was in same boat as you and they will take care of everything. You will require an assessment from your doctor so you can get that at anytime. You can also print the Tables of Disabilities that deals with your condition and show it to your doctor so that they know exactly what VAC is looking for.

The request for Lump Sum option forms are taking painfully way longer than normal these days you got that right. My brother requested his on 12 May and he still hasn't received it. Tomorrow will be the 5 week mark. Friggin' pathetic that it's taking this long for a form!

Contact Bureau of Pension Advocates and they will assist you. I was in same boat as you and they will take care of everything. You will require an assessment from your doctor so you can get that at anytime. You can also print the Tables of Disabilities that deals with your condition and show it to your doctor so that they know exactly what VAC is looking for.

I’m still serving; I’ve managed to get a new MRI on both lumbar and thoracic and glad I did. I’ve provided a copy to VAC.

My problem is the timeline just to receive the effin reassessment package. I was told 6 to 8 weeks, then 4 months. Now I’ve asked and all they would say is “your info is with the right department and you should hear from them shortly”.

Half a year just for them to mail some goddamn package out? How do these fools keep their jobs?

That’s my entitled condition under the old charter.

I submitted news claims this year; all of them are currently only showing as “successfully received”. I’ve made this easy for them; went to health records and provided copies of the required documents etc. guess that doesn’t help
if no one is reading anything.

The WFH stuff doesn’t seem to be increasing anything other than wait times for vets.

Back