• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Vehicle Accident: MCpl Raymond Arndt LER

Reaction score
Despite prayers, CTV's Steve Chao just confirmed 1 Cdn died, and 3 were injured, 1 seriously, in a vehicle accident while in a resupply convoy near Kandahar.

Release of name delayed at family request

Truly sad news. RIP

FDL :cdn:

Here's the link for it: http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2006/08/05/1720836-cp.html

My words exactly Kat. They said on CTV that one of the seriously injured is from the Loyal Edmonton regiment, and the deceased was a reservist as well. Let's hope this is the last before the homecoming. My thoughts and prayers go out to the families and friends. :salute:

That road down to Spin B is in brutal condition, with too many jingle trucks driving like maniacs, assuming they have the right of weight.
I went through BMQ, and am out of the same armouries as Gagnon.. He's a good guy... Speedy recovery mate. I'll buy you a pint in the mess when you're back.

Truly sad news, this week is not getting any easier. My condolences to the soldier's family and friends.

You will not be forgotten, RIP.

:salute:

:cdn:

:salute:

Prayers out to family, colleagues and friends, and wishes for swift recovery to the injured.

Rest in Peace. :salute:

I pray there will be no more. However Their sacrifice will never be forgotten.

Rest In Peace SoldierĀ  :salute:

My thoughts and prayers are with the injured and their families and regiment.

I'm proud to say that I could count the fallen soldier among one of my friends.Ā  He was a good friend and an even better soldier.Ā  I want to extend my sincere condolences to his family, and express my regrets at being unable to attend his funeral.

RIP

http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/newsroom/view_news_e.asp?id=2016

One Canadian soldier killed, three injured in Afghanistan vehicle accident

CEFCOM NRā€“06.016 - August 5, 2006

OTTAWA ā€“ One Canadian soldier was killed and three others injured when their ā€œG Wagonā€ (Gelaendenwagen) light utility vehicle was involved in an accident with a civilian truck about 35 kilometres southeast of Kandahar City. The incident occurred today at 11:55 a.m. Kandahar time (3:25 a.m. EDT).

The accident caused the death of Master Corporal Raymond Arndt, a reservist serving with Task Force Afghanistan. Master Cpl. Arndt was a member of The Loyal Edmonton Regiment based in Edmonton, Alberta.

All of the injured soldiers were evacuated to the Canadian-led multi-national hospital at Kandahar Airfield. Corporal Jared Gagnon, also a reservist with The Loyal Edmonton Regiment, is in very serious condition and he will be transferred to the U.S. medical facility at Landstuhl, Germany. The remaining two soldiers suffered non-life threatening injuries. Their names will not be released, as a decision to repatriate them has not yet been made, although one of them will also be airlifted to Landstuhl Germany for further treatment and evaluation. All next-of-kin have been notified.

The soldiers, all part of the National Support Element, were travelling in a resupply convoy on Highway 4 to the Canadian Forward Operating Base at Spin Boldak when the accident occurred. The exact circumstances of the accident are not known at this time, although enemy action has been ruled out. The accident is under investigation by Canadian and Afghan authorities.

The repatriation of Master Cpl. Arndtā€™s remains is now being planned. Details will be released as they become available.

The National Support Element plays a critical role in sustaining Canadian troops deployed to forward operating bases. Master Cpl. Arndt lost his life while bringing critical supplies to his comrades; his sacrifice will not be forgotten.

There are significant risks involved in these operations, but Canadian Forces members are among the best trained, and most experienced soldiers in the world. They are well led, well equipped, and fully prepared for the mission in Afghanistan.

ā€“30ā€“

NOTE TO EDITOR:
A photograph of Master Cpl. Arndt is available on the Combat Camera Website (search under last name) at: http://www.combatcamera.forces.gc.ca/

Just decided to log on and take a quick peek around the forums while I am back home visiting my family.. now I'm saddened.

My thoughts are with the family & friends of the fallen, and I wish the injured a full and speedy recovery.

I really am sick of posting this.. let's pray it stops.

Jared is my cousin; thanks for the kind words. We were greatly looking forward to him coming home in a few weeks. He has a serious head injury and is in a medically-induced coma due to heavy bleeding in his brain. He is going to be flown to Germany for evaluation with a neurosurgeon.

Jared is a selfless young man; as a reservist he left school, voluntarily put himself in harm's way in Afganistan to help others. Please say some prayers for him and his family. We need all the support we can get.

thanks,

Gene

~RoKo~ said:
That road down to Spin B is in brutal condition, with too many jingle trucks driving like maniacs, assuming they have the right of weight.
I went through BMQ, and am out of the same armouries as Gagnon.. He's a good guy... Speedy recovery mate. I'll buy you a pint in the mess when you're back.

Its a sad day for the Eddies, My sincere condolances to the families, and Rest In Peace Mcpl Arndt. :salute:

I reciently spent the last year attached to post with the LER and I have nothing but good to say about the regiment they accepted me into thier family like one of thier own(even though I am a Calgary Highlander). I am deeply saddend by the tragic events any my prayers go out to all.

:cdn: :salute:

Back