• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Verification of Former Service (VFS) [Merged]

• Thread starter maple_leaf_forever
  • Start date
Really, the application process is not much different from others who have not previous military experience.  The RC will have to ask for your pers file and CFAT results and verify your release item. Since you were eligible in the past, you should equally be eligible now.  It depends now on what trades you're interested in and those who are open at this time. Your application wouldn't be skilled unless you apply LCIS tech again and even since trades have been put together under LCIS trade, it could change. Otherwise, your application would be semi-skilled as you have military qualifications done.

As to how long that could take, it really is a case by case situation, but I don't expect it to be that longer from an applicant from the street.

Hi guys. 
I figured this was the most appropriate thread for the this post. If I am wrong please feel free to correct. 
I 4C released a few years ago. Shortly after release I joined the Vocational rehab program. 
I am mentally and physically fit and am wondering if any avenues exist to rejoin?
Or having participated in the Vocational rehab have I thrown that out the window?
I appreciate everyone's time. 

Bigm said:
I am currently reapplying as well.  I was at the mega in June, some family issues led me to VR.  BIG mistake, definitely should have attempted a special leave or anything else really.  However, I'm not sure how well that goes over when you're on your first course.  Anyways, I called and spoke with a recruiter who told me there was no 6 month minimum wait time.  Just apply and see what happens.  The interview is where you're going to have a good chance to explain what went wrong and why it's not going to happen again.  My biggest concern now is that a VFS (verification of former service) is going to be done before and interview can be conducted and it can take a rather long time to get.  If it takes to long and the trades you apply for are closed, then it's HUAW until next April.  Good Luck! Let me know how it goes!
For your information Bigm.After 6 months of waiting I reapplied. Now I  stocked with VFS (verification of former service). My local CFRC sent request to Ottawa and they don't know how many weeks it can take.Even months as duty clerk told me yesterday.I was surprised in our age of Information technology it must take 1-2 weeks maximum. But any case it was my fault to do VR so I must have passion.Only one thing disturbs me - today is Selection Board of trade what I applied.Of course I am not merit listed - a lot of papers are missing.So I don't now but it looks like may be  I will need to wait next Aprill.
Last month I checked my health - I am over 40 ( blood test, heart). Everything is fine. So I just do training - ruining 3 times per week - total 30 km per week.Push-ups , sit ups....
I hope everything will be fine.This is just price of my VR.
So guys think twice before putting VR.

Would anyone know the minimum wait time prior to re-enrollment as previous trade?  Also is it listed in any existing documentation? (canforgens, QR and O chapter and item etc?)

Wilder said:
Would anyone know the minimum wait time prior to re-enrollment as previous trade?  Also is it listed in any existing documentation? (canforgens, QR and O chapter and item etc?)

Timelines like that aren't going to be in documentation, every case is different. Expect a year wait, and be presently surprised if its shorter. Remember, they have to pull your file from archives and then figure out what courses you are granted if you've been out a while and things change.

Sorry should have included a few more details.  Out for less than 6 months, enrolled in Sup Res on release, released 4B at end of contract.  Looking at re-enrolling same trade as I released from.  I was more curious as to the wait time for re-enrollment ex, 6 month wait period to re-enroll or 24 month wait period prior to re-enrollment.  I was wondering if the wait time is common knowledge or documented in QR and O's or notice by the CDS, anything substantive that states I CANNOT apply to be re-enrolled prior to X amount of time after my release date.

You can apply any time, its the paperwork thats going to really slow you down. They have to track your file and you've been out less than 6 months which means it could be anywhere in transit.

Thank you for your honest response.  I will be going into the recruiting center soon in that case.  I am so excited to re-apply and not have to wait the 6 months to a year to start the re application process.  Now hopefully my paper work isn't impossible to track down.

Update:

Difference of Reg interpretations between CFNRCC and Local Recruiting Center.  :brickwall: 

Oh well, I will have to wait and see what happens now. :waiting:

Wilder said:
Update:

Difference of Reg interpretations between CFNRCC and Local Recruiting Center.  :brickwall: 

Oh well, I will have to wait and see what happens now. :waiting:

I'd be interested to know what the different interpretations were that you received?

Depending on your release item, if you have been out for less than 5 years and had reached the OFP (ie; generally QL3 trained) there is no waiting period.  You should be treated as a "high priority" applicant and take precedence over civilian applicants.  There are "waiting periods" but these are specific to individual circumstances and can vary widely (ie; from 6 months up to 5 years and it is generally based on the Release Item).

4 B release in June 2012. Told I absolutely must wait 6 months from the local recruiting center.

Wilder said:
4 B release in June 2012. Told I absolutely must wait 6 months from the local recruiting center.

The 6 month waiting period is at the discretion of the CO CFRC and is not a hard and fast rule.

Thank you for all the information.  I wish my local recruiting center was up to date with current information. Would have made my trip there yesterday less frustrating. (Still would have had to apply online due to that change but being told incorrectly that I absolutely must wait was very upsetting)

painswessex said:
Does CANFORGEN 002/11  Still apply?

It sure does, however, the processing steps for re-enrolment are dependant upon your Release Item...  Certain items are managed differently.

Released 4c. Told by  CFRC Edmonton, that my file should be reviewed shortly, and a file manager should call withen the next three weeks. Other trades have priority. I was hoping that they already contacted the career manager for supply tech's and had a position for me. Oh well more waiting never hurt anyone.

painswessex said:
Released 4c. Told by  CFRC Edmonton, that my file should be reviewed shortly, and a file manager should call withen the next three weeks. Other trades have priority. I was hoping that they already contacted the career manager for supply tech's and had a position for me. Oh well more waiting never hurt anyone.

What happened with this???

http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php?action=post;quote=1175944;topic=13064.3275;last_msg=1179607

Just called to CFRC - they are waiting for CFAT results. I don't know why they can not just take data  from system .It was in the same CFRC just 1 and half year ago.After 2 months - no progres in my application.Clerk even doesn't know if they did previous service check.I added my second choice also. So reaplying is not easy how I expected. But I have time to prepare best physically I do  running and physical exercises. Good luck to all who reaplly.I woluld like to know if there are people in the same boat likee here.

secondchance said:
For your information Bigm.After 6 months of waiting I reapplied.

If I understand your circumstances correctly, I am actually surprised your CFRC is processing you.  If you VR'd prior to completing your Recruit training (ie; 4.C. Release), then the normal waiting period to reapply is "1 year from the effective date of release" and not the 6 months as I previously stated above (policy changed May 12).  The CO of your CFRC can ask for a waiver though, provided the circumstances that precipitated your initial VR have been resolved.

I believe the CFRC would have to process you the same as any other applicant (ie; Unskilled) because you did not complete your BMQ.

DAA said:
If I understand your circumstances correctly, I am actually surprised your CFRC is processing you.  If you VR'd prior to completing your Recruit training (ie; 4.C. Release), then the normal waiting period to reapply is "1 year from the effective date of release" and not the 6 months as I previously stated above.  The CO of your CFRC can ask for a waiver though, provided the circumstances that precipitated your initial VR have been resolved.

I believe the CFRC would have to process you the same as any other applicant (ie; Unskilled) because you did not complete your BMQ.
Yes, you are right that I did VR  prior to completing my Recruit training (ie; 4.C. Release).

Back