• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Verification of Former Service (VFS) [Merged]

• Thread starter maple_leaf_forever
  • Start date
Skilled applicants returning to (or wishing to return to the RCAF) in an Air Force managed occupation can contact us through our website.  We work individually with every applicant - if you are not elligible for re-enrolment we will let you know right away.

Let us try to help you renew your career in the RCAF!

http://www.airforce.forces.gc.ca/en/re-enrollment.page?

Hello,
  I would like information on reenlistment - I have been retired for 27 months and was thinking of trying to get back in the service - I was an Sgt AVS technician - after a PLAR, do you think would I be entitled to my previous rank or has too much time elapsed? TIA

Hello,

I was wondering if a recruiter or anyone with experience for that matter would be able to tell me what my chances are of getting back in for a 3rd time?

Heres a quick run down.. I was ACISS both times and wanted to be ACISS again for this third time.

Joined in 2011. Was injured on platoon, went to AWT for 5 months, decided that I wasn't getting any better and VR'd to improve my recovery pace.

Re-enlisted in 2013 and after week 4 I had some family issues that I felt at the time were more important then continuing on in the military at that time. So I VR'd (to this day I still regret this because everything worked out in the end.)

Both times I was Generally discharged with the code 4-C (Which I believe allows me to return)

Now, i've been thinking about trying to re-enlist. Its been two years and I miss it everyday... Will the CF take me back for a third and final time? Will my process take longer then others? Should I just give up on this dream?

Any information that could be provided would be excellent.

Thank you,

Can't seem to find an answer..

I left the Forces as a Pte this past fall, and am hoping to re-enroll for the 2016/17 school year and go the officer route.
I understand the training is different for NCMs and Officers, but will my BMQ count or will I have to "redo" it with BMOQ?

SMG said:
Can't seem to find an answer..

I left the Forces as a Pte this past fall, and am hoping to re-enroll for the 2016/17 school year and go the officer route.
I understand the training is different for NCMs and Officers, but will my BMQ count or will I have to "redo" it with BMOQ?

You obviously do no understand there is a training difference.  BMOQ is not a "redo" of BMQ it is a different course altogether, hence why it is called Basic Military OFFICER qualification.  Officers are expected and trained to be leaders the moment they receive their commission, Privates are not.  Where do you suppose that leadership part is taught? ::)

I do realize it is different. I put "redo" in quotations for a reason. I know it's not actually redoing the course.
I wasn't sure if I would just have to do some leadership courses or not. I honestly just didn't know.

Hence why I came here simply to check.

A simple "No, you have to do BMOQ, they are different courses." would have sufficed in answering my curiosity.

But thank you.

SMG said:
I do realize it is different. I put "redo" in quotations for a reason. I know it's not actually redoing the course.
I wasn't sure if I would just have to do some leadership courses or not. I honestly just didn't know.

Hence why I came here simply to check.

A simple "No, you have to do BMOQ, they are different courses." would have sufficed in answering my curiosity.

But thank you.

A simple "Thank you." would have sufficed instead of your snide remarks.  I now have the impression that you would make the worse type of officer that one may have the displeasure to run across.

My answer was in no way meant to be snide. I'm sorry if it was taken that way.
The reply I received seemed snide to me, although perhaps I'm guilty of assuming as well.
I had a question, I was curious, and that's all.

Saying my abilities as a officer are affected by this post is highly irrational.

I'm appreciative of the answers I get here.

Boromir said:
I would like information on reenlistment - I have been retired for 27 months and was thinking of trying to get back in the service - I was an Sgt AVS technician - after a PLAR, do you think would I be entitled to my previous rank or has too much time elapsed? TIA

It's entirely possible, provided you are applying for the same occupation.  In your case, the PLAR process validates your prior quals and service.  Recruiting must forward your information to DGMC (ie; CM), who is the trigger here.  If applying to get back in to the same occupation, it's entirely up to the CM as to just what the possible offer will be.

Could be the same rank, could be something else...

Scorched said:
I was wondering if a recruiter or anyone with experience for that matter would be able to tell me what my chances are of getting back in for a 3rd time?
Heres a quick run down.. I was ACISS both times and wanted to be ACISS again for this third time.
Joined in 2011. Was injured on platoon, went to AWT for 5 months, decided that I wasn't getting any better and VR'd to improve my recovery pace.
Re-enlisted in 2013 and after week 4 I had some family issues that I felt at the time were more important then continuing on in the military at that time. So I VR'd (to this day I still regret this because everything worked out in the end.)
Both times I was Generally discharged with the code 4-C (Which I believe allows me to return)
Now, i've been thinking about trying to re-enlist. Its been two years and I miss it everyday... Will the CF take me back for a third and final time? Will my process take longer then others? Should I just give up on this dream?

You have VR'd (ie: quit) twice now.  You were probably scrutinized closely when you applied the second time around to make sure it wasn't going to happen again.  How did that work out for the CAF?

Really don't care why you VR'd nor what the cirumstances were, heard all of them before.  Go ahead, submit your application and see how it goes........you never know what can happen!

Hello,

boromir you asked the same question 3 days ago and DAA gave you the exact and ONLY answer that we can provide you , don't start spamming the forums , you got the answer , deal with it

hmmm weird ,at first  boromir said  he was ACISS and now he was a AVS tech ... multi task ?  Spamming and not telling the truth  ? If you're going to lie at least stick on it ,  not nice for people who are trying to help you here... :2c:

Pwegman said:
hmmm weird ,at first  boromir said  he was ACISS and now he was a AVS tech ...

Boromir said he was AVS.  Scorched said he was ACISS.

DAA said:
You have VR'd (ie: quit) twice now.  You were probably scrutinized closely when you applied the second time around to make sure it wasn't going to happen again.  How did that work out for the CAF?

Really don't care why you VR'd nor what the cirumstances were, heard all of them before.  Go ahead, submit your application and see how it goes........you never know what can happen!

Thank you for the reply.

Believe it or not, I wasn't scrutinized on my return for the 2nd time. I made my intent to return very clear when I left the first time.

I do however expect to be highly scrutinized this time. But like you said we'll see what happens.

Scorched said:
Thank you for the reply.

Believe it or not, I wasn't scrutinized on my return for the 2nd time. I made my intent to return very clear when I left the first time.

I do however expect to be highly scrutinized this time. But like you said we'll see what happens.

It's a hit and miss process.  Some people will breeze through it and others will experience the snails pace version.

Good luck!

Hello there,

Ok, I was in the military for almost 2 years and failed on my phase 4. I have gone through the Basic and CAP phase. Due to discouragement and some personal matters, I thought it would be better to VR. It was a tough decision. After re-experiencing the civilian life, I feel that military is where I was meant to be. I miss that discipline and lifestyle. I'm not sure If my previous training will count (I have heard it will) and how long it will take for me to get back in. I was being offered OT at the time of release and not sure If I will have that privilege again.

Thanks.

Hello all,

I am looking to try and get some information on how long quals from previous service are good for.

I served for 12 years in the reserves (MSEOP) and got out as a SGT. I have been fully released for just shy of 7 years (no Sup Reserve). I decided last year that I wanted to get back in and have finished pretty much everything to get back into the reserves as an Officer (Armour).

Let me state up front that I never expected any armoured quals to be written off. However, when I first went into the recruiting centre they told me that I would "probably" get a bypass on basic and the land phase and would jump in to "trade" training (I assumed that would be BMOQ and CAP-R - sorry if I am dating myself with the terms).

I just got a call a few days ago that my file is in final review and they are getting ready to hand me over to the unit for my swearing in. I asked what the status of granting any bypass was - the reply to which was pretty much "Oh, you aren't going to get anything you got out over 5 years ago. But I will look into it". I haven't heard anything since, and I know it has only been a few days, however I was thinking that I would ask here if anyone could shed some light or had any previous experiences.

Thanks!

Back