• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"Vibe" of CIS-White men [Road Split from: Sexual Misconduct in the CAF

I think you’re still “vibe”ing, right?
Bet! But, no cap, it's low key much more of a "I don't agree with your position so I'm not even going to try and converse with you in a mature and honest manner" vibe. I'm finna call this one a "Smug NavO" (IYKYK) vibe...

So was that misconstruing or flagrant fabrication?
Well, I can't be certain, because similar to @Halifax Tar, I'm having a hard time following, but I believe some took my statement that, "I feel like the atmosphere of this forum is one where the people participating don't fully appreciate the perspective of the people who are the subject of the discussion", and high-key glowed it up into assertions like "only white people can be falsely accused of sexual misconduct". Just, kinda sus, you know?

Well, I can't be certain, because similar to @Halifax Tar, I'm having a hard time following, but I believe some took my statement that, "I feel like the atmosphere of this forum is one where the people participating don't fully appreciate the perspective of the people who are the subject of the discussion", and high-key glowed it up into assertions like "only white people can be falsely accused of sexual misconduct". Just, kinda sus, you know?
Um, I am a fairly smart feller, but your language in the last two sentences completely escapes me. In the King's English please.

Since I kicked over this ant hill in a teacup, I'll try to clarify my point. A female who has direct experience weighed in with some very pertinent information, and some well earned criticism. Not content with a simple hear hear or fist bump emoji, you mounted up in your white knight (irony, far out) armour and charged in to rescue someone who didn't need it. You then doubled down by saying the "vibe" was coming from an identifiable group ( privileged white male ) that, granted, does make up a fair percentage of this sites participants. You left out "old" and/or "creepy" by the way, but that's okay, we can work on that. And that's what led us to this. Whatever this is now,

Um, I am a fairly smart feller, but your language in the last two sentences completely escapes me. In the King's English please.
I’ll try.

only white people tinnie be falsely accused o' sexual misconduct". juss, kinda sus, ye nah?”

'...subject of the discussion", and somehow turned it into a assertion like "only...'

You can ignore the last bit. That's just me extra so the post slaps.

'...subject of the discussion", and somehow turned it into a assertion like "only...'

You can ignore the last bit. That's just me extra so the post slaps.
What bizarro world have I entered into?

Since I kicked over this ant hill in a teacup, I'll try to clarify my point. A female who has direct experience weighed in with some very pertinent information, and some well earned criticism. Not content with a simple hear hear or fist bump emoji, you mounted up in your white knight (irony, far out) armour and charged in to rescue someone who didn't need it. You then doubled down by saying the "vibe" was coming from an identifiable group ( privileged white male ) that, granted, does make up a fair percentage of this sites participants. You left out "old" and/or "creepy" by the way, but that's okay, we can work on that. And that's what led us to this. Whatever this is now,
I will whole heartedly acknowledge that my statement to MJP was certainly taken the way you described; however, it was not my intention to say that the vibe was coming from a particular group. I simply used the term "privileged white male" as a descriptor of the type of vibe I was feeling, not to say that those contributing to the vibe were actually "privileged white males". For example, if I was standing in a room full of pro-life black women discussing their stance on abortion, I might say to a someone close to me "I'm getting a white male evangelical republican vibe in here". That doesn't mean I'm calling those black women "white male evangelical republicans", because I was not referring to them, I was referring to the vibe, and beside, comparison is not the same as equation.

The "vibe you are feeling" is something you create in your imagination, not something other people actually give off. It's your experiences and prejudices colouring something you observe. That's on the observer, not the observed. I could just as easily surmise that I've never gotten flak from authorities because I don't skulk around in a hoodie listening to rap, nor do I drive my car erratically making excessive tire and engine noise while wearing a sweat-stained white t-shirt and a three-day growth of beard and with Motley Crue blaring from the stereo.

The "vibe you are feeling" is something you create in your imagination, not something other people actually give off. It's your experiences and prejudices colouring something you observe. That's on the observer, not the observed. I could just as easily surmise that I've never gotten flak from authorities because I don't skulk around in a hoodie listening to rap, nor do I drive my car erratically making excessive tire and engine noise while wearing a sweat-stained white t-shirt and a three-day growth of beard and with Motley Crue blaring from the stereo.
Yes!! Thank you! You finally get it!!

Interesting choice of thread title considering:
1. the term CIS did not come up in the original statement I made, nor have I used it until this very moment; and
2. the discussion was never about "what vibe do CIS white men give off", but rather it was "what vibe was being experienced by @Lumber in this thread".

Yes, I get it. "Privilege" is earned, by the members of a group collectively being approximately sane responsible productive commitment-meeting law-abiding adults. But that which is earned is not "privilege".

Yes, I get it. "Privilege" is earned, by the members of a group collectively being approximately sane responsible productive commitment-meeting law-abiding adults. But that which is earned is not "privilege".
No no, what I meant you "get" is that this vibe is a personal experience unique to me, and neither a reflection nor a comment on any other individuals in the thread. Like you said, it's all about me, the observer, which is why I have nooooo god damn clue why this devolved the way it did.

Back