• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

VOT to Cyber Question

Rikes

Reaction score
I am planning to submit my OT to Cyber this year, and my only concern is whether anyone has gone through this process already and can provide an answer.

Will I be given a posting to Kingston upon the OT getting greenlit, or will I be going back to PAT hell for an unspecified amount of time, leaving my wife at our current base?

AFAIK itl be waiting for course 1 -> taking course 1 -> waiting for course 2 -> taking course 2 -> trades qualified, so i imagine its quite the time investment thus my concern on how the posting situation training wise is for this particular trade.

I'm tracking the training is only at a college in Ottawa and takes upwards of a year and you will be restricted posted there to complete it.

I'm tracking the training is only at a college in Ottawa and takes upwards of a year and you will be restricted posted there to complete it.
Right. And food was a shit show. Soldiers on the last course had to take donations and had a food cupboard.

Yea i got an answer on FB that they got rid of the posting to Ottawa and ill pretty much be abandoning my wife at my current posting for the "2"
years it takes to reach trade qual and get a posting. As much as i was looking forward to VOTing to cyber itll be a hard pass. I paid $700 and completed ICS4U to get the prereq for it as well lmfao thank fuck i double checked and found out they changed it.

Back