• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

VPD eyes new armoured rescue vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
ParaMedTech said:
basically the same externally, except "Tactical Paramedic Unit" on the sides. 

With that new Armour Plated Paint of Course ;D

Thanks!

Our CBRN is still in the Planning stages.  We are still PCP hopeing for more enhancements soon.
Glad I learned the hurry up and wait game many years ago.

To be honest with you I havent read any News paper articles on this matter. Nor do I think I am an expert on this subject, I am giving my opinion on this matter. As some of you are. Unless you are directly involved with doing these types of operations, as in the the guy kicking in the door then you neither are a knowledgable source. Stay in your lane. Or else open up a good discussion on this topic and lets have at her on here.

Second hand my buddy works for them doesnt count, I have lots of buddys who have worked with various ERT teams across Canada and they scare the crap out of them they have said to me. (non of them were ERT, they worked alongside them for training in various areas)

Nor did I say or insinuate that the RCMP would be sitting 5000km away waiting for a call to go into Vancouver for a major drug bust or a hostage rescue.

What I am saying is that maybe the RCMP could be trained and outfitted with in their Municipalitys they now already reside in. NOT station them 12 hrs away. 
It seems that drug trafficing is a Federal crime, usually it involves them and or other federal agencys and countrys.

These teams would have to be with in the municipality to work out.  They also would have direct support of Canadian Intell along with the local police forces and other agencys.
They would be the stand by team for the local Police for such things as Major raids and such.
We have seen in the past year or so a few raids conducted by Regional, RCMP and other federal agencys. They worked out well. Why not build on that and let the RC's do the Heavy stuff.

I think that Regional Poloce could be better spent on dealing with local crime. Usually it is the smaller crime that leads to the big time stuff any ways.

This is my opinion, not based on any reading or other real time knowledge, just based on my opinion and what I feel should be done. 

Were seeing more and more Terrorist like activities happening in Canada now along with more severe types of crimes. It is time that the RCMP step up to the plate and provide a force that can deal with this at the national Level along with the Municipal Level.

I am just not a beleiver that the VPD or any other city police force should have to buy or even have to use any form of armoured vehicle.

Remember my opinion.
Everybody has one, some are bigger then others.

Please you guys talk about keeping things open for discussion but the second some one mentions something that you may not agree with, you jump all over them. Because your opinion isnt the same.  Keep up the good work.

Open your eyes ears and brain. Look at the other side and other options.

Hopefully no matter what happens in the end non of this equipment is needed and is bought for show of force only. 

CTD,

I'm going to simplify this matter for everyone by comparing Policing to the NHL....Do you think that the Vancouver Canucks would call in the Toronto Maple Leafs for the shoot-out...I don't think so. Well the same goes for Policing, the VPD and RCMP are both professional teams with excellent rosters of highly trained members. The VPD ERT is full time on 24/7...I can qualify this statement cause I'm on the job and have held containment on buildings,apartments and houses while awaiting for the appropriate equipment and personnel to arrive. Believe me, I highly respect my brothers in the RCMP and I have close personal friends amongst their ranks...but I don't want to wait for them in a high risk situation.

As for national INT resources...we must remember that one of our best resources is HUMINT, in which each and every Cst. is in a position to gather and forward that info through the appropriate channels. Any agency that is going to staff and train a INT section, should be welcomed in the INT world.  Sharing of info is the key.

Mods please lock this thread it's full of more than a few comments by people talking well outside their lanes!

CTD,  any PD Muni or otherwise that has a tactical unit part time on call or full time should have access to a reinforced vehicle such as this. The cost is not really that prohibitive when you look at what a marked unit with full equipment costs.

Right tools and training for the job, the Canada Labour Code is quite clear on this.

Noneck

Looks like motion carried  ;D

Everyone needs the right tool for the job. So what if they need to have a small arsenal. I would sleep better knowing that the local PD had the equipment if/when they need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back