• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wait times and Holidays?

Globemaster77

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi! I was diggig around the forums for an answer but could not find any recent posts about this topic.
When will the CFRCs be closed for the holidays? I've tried calling CFRC Vancouver and they are always busy(Does not pick up).
I'm asking for the dates (for example, The CFRC will be closed between December 20th to January 5th. )
I want to get my application in before the CFRC is closed for the holidays.

Also, I have a few occupations listed that require ASC. (Pilot, Aerospace Control Officer and Aerospace Engineer).
I know that pilot apps were due Nov 15th 2012. (Will try anyway).
When can I expect to go to ASC if my application is submitted this week?

Thanks'

Hi,

I got a call from my CFRC today. They told me that I am book for Aircrew selection on January 7th and that I will have to go pick up my papers and flight tickets this week because they will only come back from holidays on January 7th. I don't know however when they close for holidays.

Also, if you are beginning your application process, you will have a few steps before attending ACS in Trenton, this is the very last tests you will have. It took me 3 months (for pilot's trade) to do everything and most people here seem to say this is pretty fast.

Good luck!

OYR_Pilot said:
Hi,

I got a call from my CFRC today. They told me that I am book for Aircrew selection on January 7th and that I will have to go pick up my papers and flight tickets this week because they will only come back from holidays on January 7th. I don't know however when they close for holidays.

Also, if you are beginning your application process, you will have a few steps before attending ACS in Trenton, this is the very last tests you will have. It took me 3 months (for pilot's trade) to do everything and most people here seem to say this is pretty fast.

Good luck!

When did you start your application process? I'm getting ready to get mine in this week. From the looks of what you are saying, this week is the final week before the CFRC closes for the holidays.
Thanks, I hope getting in now won't effect my application. (I don't have to ge pilot.)

Globemaster77 said:
When did you start your application process? I'm getting ready to get mine in this week. From the looks of what you are saying, this week is the final week before the CFRC closes for the holidays.
Thanks, I hope getting in now won't effect my application. (I don't have to ge pilot.)

I applied last September.
And I don't know if this is the last week before holidays, they never told me so. I can only state that they will come back on January 7th.

OYR_Pilot said:
I applied last September.
And I don't know if this is the last week before holidays, they never told me so. I can only state that they will come back on January 7th.

But if they want you to pick your things up this weekx then I'm fine this week no?

Globemaster77 said:

I started mine in late February/early March 2012 (can't remember exactly it was so long ago!) it took me about 6 months to get a call to book medical and interview and then another month or so to book ASC dates and I just got back the other week. It seems that for the most part guys that have been selected have started their applications almost a year or more before getting offers. It is a long process with lots of waiting. I haven't spoke with anyone yet though that didn't think it was worth it!

CFRC's are on the holiday break from 22 Dec 12 to 6 Jan 13.

If your applying through the Vancouver area, as of 30 Nov 12, you will have to submit your application on-line at the forces.ca website.

pa471856 said:
I started mine in late February/early March 2012 (can't remember exactly it was so long ago!) it took me about 6 months to get a call to book medical and interview and then another month or so to book ASC dates and I just got back the other week. It seems that for the most part guys that have been selected have started their applications almost a year or more before getting offers. It is a long process with lots of waiting. I haven't spoke with anyone yet though that didn't think it was worth it!

Thats about the same for me, applied late February 2012, CFAT, interview and medical during July-August, ASC in October, Offer in November

Back