• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Waiting times for Merit List Sig Op

D

D-n-A

Anyone know of the current/normal wait times for someone who is merit listed for Sig Op?

I got merit listed last December and was told to expect the call to sign my contract an leave, etc early January. Well I got the CFRC today an found out I could be waiting months for the job offer...

I'm a recruit school by pass also.

Thanks

Hey MikeL, does the expression Hurry up and Wait mean anything?  ;)

Just kidding around with ya.  Actually, I'm in pretty much the same boat  only I'm waiting on AC op or Comm Research.  I was merit listed in November and am still waiting.  Honestly, another month in the long run isn't too bad, but I do understand the impatience because I just want a date too.

Good luck to you, and maybe I'll see you at SQ.

I was merit listed in OCT for FCS tech and I am still waiting, found out that my file was lost after I was selected which was great.  We might see each other at SQ.

cheers

MikeL said:
Anyone know of the current/normal wait times for someone who is merit listed for Sig Op?

I got merit listed last December and was told to expect the call to sign my contract an leave, etc early January. Well I got the CFRC today an found out I could be waiting months for the job offer...

I'm a recruit school by pass also.

Thanks

You are RSBP which does not make you a normal applicant and when the branch decides to load you on a QL3 then that is when you will get transferred.

So, I won't get the job offer till a few days(or whatever) before my QL3. I still need a few courses before I can go on my QL3, so would that have any effect on getting me in sooner(in able to do those courses before QL3) or not?

Why not just send me to PRETC now an wait for courses like the other 100+ people there now.

Sorry, just kinda confusing when I keep getting different answers.

Thanks

easyco_chic, I've been in the Army(Reserve) almost 3 years, I know all about that. Just sucks waiting for over a year to transfer to the Regular Force.

MikeL said:
So, I won't get the job offer till a few days(or whatever) before my QL3. I still need a few courses before I can go on my QL3, so would that have any effect on getting me in sooner(in able to do those courses before QL3) or not?

Why not just send me to PRETC now an wait for courses like the other 100+ people there now.

Sorry, just kinda confusing when I keep getting different answers.

Thanks

easyco_chic, I've been in the Army(Reserve) almost 3 years, I know all about that. Just sucks waiting for over a year to transfer to the Regular Force.

No when they decide when you will start your QL3 they will enrol you in time for you to complete the other courses.  Don't worry you will get to PRETC soon enough to enjoy it.

Back