• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Was I the youngest instructor ever in the Armed Forces?

ArmyVern said:
Can y'all post pics (preferably of the chaps type) and I'll be the judge??

I second that. No one asking for a vote? Good, approuved by all  :D

Don't need them - apparently my fan club here in Dauphin are quite happy with my running shorts  ;D...
MM

ArmyVern said:
Back off -- get your own chaps pics.  :mad:

Hey, hold your horses, here, darling! I second your proposition of posting pics,
which mean they will be public, so viewable by everyone, including me, and you will be the judge,
meaning you will be able to receive bribes discreetly  :-* !

:)

the 48th regulator said:
I was told I was the biggest Smart *** to ever where a uniform in serving Her Majesty!

:D

dileas

tess

Well technically you only inherited the title after I retired 8)

As for 19 year old M/Cpls I had a few RNTP types who fit that bill in my company in the late 1980's. Some of them taught Tess.

Danjanou said:
Well technically you only inherited the title after I retired 8)

As for 19 year old M/Cpls I had a few RNTP types who fit that bill in my company in the late 1980's. Some of them taught Tess.

Actually that's right, I was taught by the first batch out of that course, and some of those guys joined when I did, or a few months prior!

dileas

tess

Walt said:
Seen & known. Still not appropriate. Public "bashing", in this case, is not professional.

Walt

And remember if you have an issue with a post there is always the Report to Moderator button at the bottom right hand corner of each and every post. We stress that and a lot still do not get it.

Milnet.Ca Staff

Walt said:
I can't believe the criticism & negative responses to this question, especially from one of the moderators, namely "CDN AVIATOR". If you can't provide positive re-inforcement, or constructive criticism, then keep your hands off the key board.

Walt

Ouch!

:pop:

Ouch! isn't the word for it.  "Out of line" may be more in line with my opinion, but this discussion of Walt is totally derailing the topic, so let's drop Walt and continue with the original topic.

George Wallace said:
Ouch! isn't the word for it.  "Out of line" may be more in line with my opinion, but this discussion of Walt is totally derailing the topic, so let's drop Walt and continue with the original topic.

But haven't we beaten it to death yet  ::)

Greymatters said:
Don't cadets instruct each other in drill and other subjects?  That would put many of them below the 18 YOA line...

Cadet's aren't soldiers so they don't count

Hmmm...  I recall someone on this site citing an example of an officer in Cadets being able to give orders to reg force NCMs that they outrank, so technically they are the same as soldiers...

Greymatters said:
Hmmm...  I recall someone on this site citing an example of an officer in Cadets being able to give orders to reg force NCMs that they outrank, so technically they are the same as soldiers...

CIC and cadets are 2 different things.

Greymatters said:

There's a bit of confusion here.

Today, the officers in the cadet programme are all CF officers with the same authority as any other CF officer.

Until the fairly recent past, there were officer ranks among the cadets themselves in the army cadets (in addition to the CF officers).  The cadet officers did not have any authority over CF members of any rank.  Except for a few closed cadet units (those at private schools, e.g.) which play by some rules not in effect for the whole cadet programme there are no cadet officer ranks anymore.

I think it was referring to an event prior to 1993 when the Cadet officer ranks were removed?  Ah, foggy memory on that one...

I have been in contact with the cadet world since I was 13 in 1987, and at this point there were no "cadet" officer.

there CIC nothing more as for officers.

When I was with Cadets in the 60's, senior cadets acted as officers, and wore the rank. They held no commission. It was more a parade position than anything else, IIRC.

The Cadet Officer ranks (red insignia vice gold) were being phased out Canada wide from 85-88.

Some corps got on the bandwagon faster than others.

Regards

N. McKay said:
There's a bit of confusion here.

Today, the officers in the cadet programme are all CF officers with the same authority as any other CF officer.

Until the fairly recent past, there were officer ranks among the cadets themselves in the army cadets (in addition to the CF officers).  The cadet officers did not have any authority over CF members of any rank.  Except for a few closed cadet units (those at private schools, e.g.) which play by some rules not in effect for the whole cadet programme there are no cadet officer ranks anymore.

Although they do indeed wear a comission they only have authority limited to the cadet world.
edited for clarification.

Back