• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Was I the youngest instructor ever in the Armed Forces?

Gramps said:
Although they do indeed wear a comission they only have authority limited to the cadet world.
edited for clarification.

That's incorrect.  There is no such limitation specific to CIC officers.

N. McKay said:
  There is no such limitation specific to CIC officers.

You are correct, however

"Its not because you can that you should"

CDN Aviator said:
You are correct, however

"Its not because you can that you should"

I hope we can all agree that no officer, regardless of branch or component, should go around giving unnecessary orders just for the sheer pleasure of it.

N. McKay said:
I hope we can all agree that no officer, regardless of branch or component, should go around giving unnecessary orders just for the sheer pleasure of it.

I would agree with that

N. McKay said:

Well said, a commission is a commission regardless of branch and comes with the same responsibility (including the responsibility not to abuse those powers) for any CF officer.

Gramps said:
Although they do indeed wear a comission they only have authority limited to the cadet world.
edited for clarification.

Hello Gramps, hope you are having a most pleasant evening.

I beg to differ, we used to have a CIC LT, on CL B 'A' at Sask Dist HQ, acting as a Fin O, was there for years, and had nothing to do with any Cadet Corps Unit.

Cheers, and beers,

Humbly yours,

OWDU

Overwatch Downunder said:
I beg to differ, we used to have a CIC LT, on CL B 'A' at Sask Dist HQ, acting as a Fin O, was there for years, and had nothing to do with any Cadet Corps Unit.

About 4 to 5 years ago, the rules were changed, (or were enforced), so that CIC officers were only employed with Cadets or activities related to Cadets. 

edit - spelling

Overwatch Downunder said:
Hello Gramps, hope you are having a most pleasant evening.

Cheers, and beers,

Humbly yours,

OWDU

OWDU, BC Old Guy has it correct ...

Here's a link to the CANFORGEN in another thread. This CANFORGEN governs if/when/where/how RegF and PRes CO's are authorized to employ CIC officers:

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/78996/post-745643.html#msg745643

Back