• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

weapons being issued

C

CF reserves

I was just wondering if when you are issued a weapon that you feel un confortable using can you request aa different one and if you do will they do anything about it?

thanks

They (C7A1) are all the same shy butt lengths, and when the A2 comes to be general issue one day, the butt on them are adjustable.

Wes

I, being that I am 5'4", found the C7 rather awkward to use at first as my arms really aren't as long as someone who is 6' tall, however there is nothing you can do other than to get used to it, when you're on the range firing in standing position it takes some getting used to, but in the field you choose the position that works best for you anyway!  But to answer your question, no, the weapon you get is the weapon you keep, just work with it and you'll get used to it!

There are different sized butts available there is a longer and a shorter version of the standard. Ive seen both used on my BMQ and you just have to request it and have some good staff members to get it done.

Hmmm, it must depend on you trade....as an infanteer, troopasaurus, you depend on your weapon, so they'll probably work to make sure you're comfortable.  I personally have never been able to get a different sized buttstock

A few people on my IAP course got the shorter butt, and a few us got the butt extension.  Which sucked for actually firing the rifle, but was required for weapons drill. 

Speak with your armourer.

With the original C7, I always had a short butt installed. After the transition to the C7A1 I was always told that the sight could be moved to achieve proper eye-relief, but it still didn't feel comfortable.

I spoke with my wpns-tech and had a short-installed.

Before you read the below, it should be noted the standard C7/M16A2 butt is 5/8 of an inch longer than the standard M16A1 butt.

Rifle butt sizing.

Please note the AKM here is just being used for an example, as the rifle only has one size of butt.

The correct way to size a butt for the C7A1 rifle is as follows:

1. Pick up the rifle

2. After your safety precautions, place the butt of the weapon between your bicep and forearm

3. Grasp the pistol grip, if things seem to be okay and a 'comfie' fit, this is your size. If its hard to grasp the pistol grip, you need a shorter butt, and vice versa if you need a longer one.

4. This is the proper wqay to size a butt, and this method goes back to the ole FN C1 days. It works. Give it a go at your unit.

See my silly crude pics below....

Cheers,

Wes

Wesley, definatly agree with that method... Hasn't proven me wrong yet!!

Back