• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wearing Uniform in Public (merged)

Again, if you cut your hair, the beret will amazingly fit well on your head AND in the car...

MM

medicineman said:
Funny - I'm the same height and have never had a problem wearing my beret in any car or truck I've driven - perhaps you need a haircut? >:D

MM

I have a #1 blade all around.  You actually think going chromedome will make a difference?  ;D

I once did a favour for my COXN in Ottawa by saying I would go to the Navy League Inpection (Parade) at XXXX Lake.

I arrived at the drill shed and promptly saluted a male 4 ringer who introduced himself as the rank he was wearing without any cavaet.

Being a parade I must have saluted him 373 times throughout the day. I was talking to him after the parade and he tells me he is a CPL comms type at XXXX.

My jaw hit the floor! Is this right or legal.

HFXCrow said:
I once did a favour for my COXN in Ottawa by saying I would go to the Navy League Inpection (Parade) at XXXX Lake.

I arrived at the drill shed and promptly saluted a male 4 ringer who introduced himself as the rank he was wearing without any cavaet.

Being a parade I must have saluted him 373 times throughout the day. I was talking to him after the parade and he tells me he is a CPL comms type at XXXX.

My jaw hit the floor! Is this right or legal.

Navy League officers are not CIC officers, and as such do not have Queen's Commissions.  They don't *require* a salute, but in the interest of leading by example for the cadets who are 10-13, it was probably the right thing to do - much like saluting civilian ladies as a mark of respect.  He probably should've given you a heads up about it.

Bet you can recognize a Navy League officer at twenty paces now, though  :)

284_226 said:
I have a #1 blade all around.  You actually think going chromedome will make a difference?   ;D

Something tells me that alone in the LCF car, a baseball cap magicly has no problem finding it's way onto your head though (backwards of course).  ;)

The Librarian said:
Something tells me that alone in the LCF car, a baseball cap magicly has no problem finding it's way onto your head though (backwards of course).  ;)

284_226 said:
I don't wear one.

I'm 40 years old.  I stopped trying to look cool decades ago, in favour of comfort, horsepower, and 4 doors to make it easier to add/remove rugrats.  ;)

284_226 said:
I'm 40 years old.  I stopped trying to look cool decades ago, in favour of comfort, horsepower, and 4 doors to make it easier to add/remove rugrats.   ;)

You'd think that after 40 years you would have learned to pick out a car with more than a 1/2 inch of headroom. If your beret gets in the way, you're to close to the headliner. Must be a real treat to watch you take speed bumps. ::). Knock it off, you're just making excuses.

284_226 said:
I have a #1 blade all around.  You actually think going chromedome will make a difference?   ;D

Either you didn't pick your car very well, can't adjust the seat or your beret doesn't fit because there is still too much there.  I'm almost 6'3", and if I can fit in an LSVW with my helmet on, you should be able to fit in a Grand Am with a beret - especially since the beret has give to it, the melon protector dosen't.  Just an observation.

MM

284_226 said:
I'm 6'2", and if I wear my beret in my Grand Am, I'm hitting the roof of the car.  If I had to wear my wedge cap, I'd end up killing someone.   ;D

Okay.  So here is the stated headroom for a 2004 Grand Am:
Internal dimensions: front headroom (inches): 38.3, rear headroom (inches): 37.2, front hip room (inches): 52.4, rear hip room (inches): 49.3, front leg room (inches): 42.1, rear leg room (inches): 35.5, front shoulder room (inches): 53.7, rear shoulder room (inches): 55 and interior volume (cu ft): 92.2
http://www.automotive.com/2004/12/pontiac/grand-am/specifications/index.html

As you indicate that you are 6'2", that ends up being 74".  74" minus 38.3" = 35.7"
So you are telling us that your seated height is greater than 39", and that the outseam of your pants in in the neighborhood of 34"? 
Perhaps a career in the circus would have proved more lucrative, with greater choices in headwear?

I don't wear my beret in my vehicle, just like I don't wear it when I enter/leave it while it is parked in my yard.

I don't wear my beret when I am taking out the trash either

I once shoveled my entire driveway while wearing no beret

I don't wear my ball cap while I drive either.

I am willing to bet most of the CF drives without their headdress on.... What has the world come to?

Find a new pet peeve.

Sub_Guy said:
I don't wear my beret in my vehicle, just like I don't wear it when I enter/leave it while it is parked in my yard.

I don't wear my beret when I am taking out the trash either

I once shoveled my entire driveway while wearing no beret

I don't wear my ball cap while I drive either.

I am willing to bet most of the CF drives without their headdress on.... What has the world come to?

Find a new pet peeve.

Pet Peeve?? Read the Dress Regs. Fine example you're setting. It's more like: "What are the CFs 'leaders' coming to?"

The Librarian said:
Pet Peeve?? Read the Dress Regs. Fine example you're setting. It's more like: "What are the CFs 'leaders' coming to?"

I guess I am a sad example for others follow!  Excuse me for not being properly turned out when I take out the trash.  I have read the dress regs, but jumping all over someone because they are not wearing headdress while driving is just silly.  All you would get from me is a wave, a smile and if you are lucky I might blow a kiss. 

Outside of my car and my house (property) I am properly turned out.  My kids don't know the dress regs, and my neighbours could give two shits (no military on my street). 

Sub_Guy said:
I guess I am a sad example for others follow!  Excuse me for not being properly turned out when I take out the trash.  I have read the dress regs, but jumping all over someone because they are not wearing headdress while driving is just silly.  All you would get from me is a wave, a smile and if you are lucky I might blow a kiss. 

Outside of my car and my house (property) I am properly turned out.  My kids don't know the dress regs, and my neighbours could give two shits (no military on my street). 

24/7...you don't wear it to/from your car either remember? Dress Regs are there for a reason. When in uniform, in view of the public (ohh that'd be those civvie neighbours of yours), that includes your driveway by the way, head-dress shall be worn.

You'd get more than a wave and a kiss back from me I'm afraid. I'd charge your ass. 

Down here as soon as you get into a car the head dress comes off. Its what we're taught. Why wear a beret or slouch hat while your sitting inside your car? Before  you de-bus then whack it on but not inside. I'd have thought most folks would follow that idea and from what i saw in Canada most did.

Sub_Guy said:

It wasn't the fact that he wasn't following dress regs that got him jumped on. It was all the wishy washy bs excuses he was using to justify not wearing it. Read the entire thread next time, before commenting.

As far as your little rant, if your going to fall on your sword and be the contrary martyr, I'd find a better reason ;)

This one's locked. It's gone on way to long and far outlived it's usefullness.

Due to popular demand......thread re-opened.

Regards

"Hmm...I think I'll join that outfit, but I don't like their rules, so I'll make my own, and bitch like crazy when I get criticised for such behaviour"
PUT ON YER FRIGGIN HAT: IT AIN'T NO RIGHT TO WEAR IT, IT'S A PRIVELAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And being a privelage, you have to EARN it.

Back