• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Weight

Proud_Newfoundlander

Inactive
Reaction score
Will your height-weight ratio or "BMI" be a determining factor on your application ? Or do they only address this issue at the actual physical ? obviously one who is very overweight, say 350lb + might create an issue but Im 5'11 and 222 pounds with a BMI of 31, but Im fairly physically fit. Im a good runner, and a 6 week touch up at the gym and I can pass the physical without any problem.

I also ask because the CF attracts a lot of athletes, many of whom are well over 180 pounds, despite some being as short as 5'6. A look at any pro/semi-pro will show theyre at least 180 pounds, some as many as 240, with a height ranging from 5'9-6'1 usually.

Your BMI is irrelevant.  As long as you meet the physical standards you're good to go

RCDcpl nailed it.  As long as your healthy and pass the tests they administer on your medical your fine.  There are some extremely overweight people getting through the recruitment process I wouldn't be worried.  As well any excess weight you might have basic training will help with if you get in.

Best of luck

BMI is baloney, particularly for males who do weight training. I have been consistently "overweight" for years and would still be considered a thin guy at 6'1, 195lbs.

I know that Pilot does have weight restrictions for ejection seat aircraft, and I'm not sure about every trade in the CF, but I can say with some confidence that as long as you pass the fitness testing, you shouldn't have any problems at 220.

Back