• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What Happens if you miss the call for employment?

Congrats!
I marked the same thing for a current and former employer, don't worry about it. Things happen!

Don't mean to burst your bubble but after my CFAT they said it would be 1-2 weeks and I would get a call. Here I am 6 weeks later with nothing except the knowledge that my background check is being done, and has been since Nov 6. The next step for you is the background check which could take anywhere from a month 3-4, then everything else. Then everything else.

I wish you the best of luck and hope to see you at CFLRS, or CFSME sometime in the future

c91williamson said:
ok I thought it was the file manager, but I have asked him a couple times now via email and he seems to keep ignoring the question.

Depending on your RC, the front desk should be able to help you there. Either the person who answers specifically, or they should be able to direct you to someone who can.

While sometimes it may seem that your questions are being deliberately ignored, keep in mind many MCCs/file managers can be quite busy. If one method of communication isn't awarding you much luck, try another.

When you finally reach someone, (ideally your final manager) ask which type of communication they'd prefer.  My file manager has specifically requested email when at all possible. Each one is different.

EME Hopeful said:
I was told by my Interview Officer ( I assume he was the file manager?)...

I believe it depends on the RC. If they are a location of lower volume, the person who interviewed you (a Military Career Counselor) may also be your file manager.  In other locations, the MCC and file manager are two different people.

Personnel needs also plays a large part of contact timing I would imagine.
I'm not sure I've seen a time where combat trades were in demand.

From the people at the Toronto CFRC and some members on here, the whole process usually takes a year on average.  Sometimes less sometimes more, so don't be holding your breath waiting.  The only thing you can do is call back every so often to check on the status of your profile.

What was the CFAT like? I`m writing mine tomorrow afternoon and I`m both nervous and excited :)
My occupation choices were Pilot, Air Combat Systems Officer, and Civil Engineering Officer.

thanks for the info guys!

I definitely understand they have a lot of stuff going on. Gonna phone my file manager for the first time tomorrow(He requested email contact but i figured i may be able to get a straighter answer if i phone) just to see how things are coming along. was hoping for a phone call yesterday (26th) as it would have made a wicked awesome birthday present haha, but that was just wishful thinking.

Found out I did not qualify as a weapons tech  :( as I failed my Colour vision test, so hoping I am still good for Vehicle Tech and Infantry  :)

Thanks in advance

i have no doubt c91 that you will make the cut for one for Vehtech of Inf., me i have been sweating bullets as i have heard nothing, and the CFRC cannot confirm nor deny anything at this time.  :pullhair: is all i can do at this moment

marinemech said:
i have no doubt c91 that you will make the cut for one for Vehtech of Inf., me i have been sweating bullets as i have heard nothing, and the CFRC cannot confirm nor deny anything at this time.  :pullhair: is all i can do at this moment

marinetech - Man, I hear ya brother! I am in the same boat. Times like this you need a portable folding "holy poop bar" .....

I feel your pain guys! waiting for this phone call for employment is seriously making me crazy, every time my phone rings I have an actual heart attack  haha.

mrjasonc said:
marinetech - Man, I hear ya brother! I am in the same boat. Times like this you need a portable folding "holy poop bar" .....
marinemech said:

In the same boat, ugh lol

May123 said:
Any one get there call yet?

The only one that I have seen so far was for someone in Ottawa.

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/13064/post-1272206.html#msg1272206

I was thinking that it would take about a week after the selections before the calls would start going out (ie; tomorrow/Thursday or so).  But then again, some CFRC's are quicker than others......

Hattie56 said:
In the same boat, ugh lol

It would be interesting to compare CF Lives with one another 5-10 years from. See if were still this excited/Anxious with each course from here on out. And just share our experiences .......

Back