• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What Happens if you miss the call for employment?

May123

Inactive
Reaction score
Quick Question-What Happens if your out and about when the call comes in for your employment with the forces? Will They call back or will they email you etc..?
Thanks

JTF-2 is sent to your house, they abduct you and whisk you away to work as a prisoner on the secret arctic mind control ray project.

They give up on you and call the next guy...  :facepalm:

Just kidding!

I would suspect they leave a message for you to call back.

dapaterson said:
JTF-2 is sent to your house, they abduct you and whisk you away to work as a prisoner on the secret arctic mind control ray project.

Hahaha good man...

Okanagan Guy said:

Just kidding!

I would suspect they leave a message for you to call back.

Thanks! Waiting on a call right now.. hopefully i didnt miss it.. or they dont want me..!

You know there's nothing wrong with calling the CFRC and following up either.......

Bluebulldog said:
You know there's nothing wrong with calling the CFRC and following up either.......

I thought about that but selection was just recently so i thought id give it a few days!

Nov 21 for a lot of trades. The local CFRC won't be able to confirm any selection until next week... so I've been told.

Gonna be an anxious weekend for you!

Chorn said:
No kidding. Have had a near cardiac arrest every time my phone has gone off today.

Thank god I'm not the only one who feels like that!!

Okanagan Guy said:
Nov 21 for a lot of trades. The local CFRC won't be able to confirm any selection until next week... so I've been told.

Gonna be an anxious weekend for you!

Ohh you know it!

Chorn said:
Phone just went off to inform me my post was quoted. Thanks May123 for the heart attack. :)

Hey just prepping you for the real thing ;)

Okanagan Guy said:

They call and leave a message with a parent/sibling who forgets to pass it on to you and then give up on you;  or
They call get no answer and you don't have voice mail, etc and then give up on your;  or
They email you multiple times using the wrong email address or the email goes into your "Junk Folder" and then give up on you;  or
They call you multiple times using the wrong/old phone number and then give up on you;  or
They forget to call you and then give up on you;  or
They don't even bother processing the offer and give up on you.

I think that pretty much covers all the possible scenarios.....unless of course you happen to be available when the phone rings....    :p

DAA said:
They call and leave a message with a parent/sibling who forgets to pass it on to you and then give up on you;  or
They call get no answer and you don't have voice mail, etc and then give up on your;  or
They email you multiple times using the wrong email address or the email goes into your "Junk Folder" and then give up on you;  or
They call you multiple times using the wrong/old phone number and then give up on you;  or
They forget to call you and then give up on you;  or
They don't even bother processing the offer and give up on you.

I think that pretty much covers all the possible scenarios.....unless of course you happen to be available when the phone rings....    :p

Hey thanks a lot! Il be living by the phone!

I applied well over a year ago, finished my medical, interview and CFAT october 9th 2013, just wondering if anyone else who had their interview and such this fall has had a phone call about employment for the CF yet?

Havent heard anything yet myself, just a little worried...ok thats a lie, I am going crazy watching my phone everyday worried I missed a call or they don't want me :-[ haha maybe I am just to overly excited about becoming a member of the CF

You will become very familiar with the phrase 'Hurry up and wait', if you haven't heard it already.

If you just finished things last month, my best guess judging from my own experience and that of several users here is that you probably won't hear anything further until April-ish. Just stay in casual contact with your file manager during the slow periods of no contact and no updates with any questions you might have.

haha having gone through 7 years of cadets I am definitely familiar with the term "hurry up and wait". not to say that its anything like the actual military but its certainly an aspect I am aware of.

Yeah I email my file manager every friday, politely of course to make sure everything is going smoothly. Just wanted to see if anyone may have heard anything yet is all, to put my mind at ease I suppose

Back