• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What is the best style of applying face Cam?

foxtwo

Inactive
Reaction score
What is the most effective method of applying facial Cam in coniferous and deciduous forest?

Darker colours on the high features, Medium on the meduim, light on the low points.  And yes, with your fingers.  Get a Mirror  or try and do a buddy's for him, he wont even notice the moustache and glasses you put on him. :dontpanic:

lol with your fingers   ::)

Sorry I meant to be more specific... Like blotches or slashes or random streaks, know what I mean? If there is an unwritten ratio of howmuch brown you put in relation to the green blah blah....

One of my Officers actually did a CADPAT pattern on his face! It was so awesome. Nobody I knew, knew how he did it...or how long it took. I actually have pics from that FTX, if anybody wants to see 'em tell me because I don't think it's right putting his pic on the internet without his approval.

maybe put a piece of wax paper over a pice of cad pat and filled it in like a paint by numbers then rubbed something on the clean side of the paper to transfer it onto his face... it might be worth it if the stuff didn't wipe and smudge so easy...

maybe that could be a new product, pre done up sheets of wax paper with the cad pat on it that you keep in a roll, anytime you need a cam job pull out a sheet and transfer it to your face... though I think it would depend on how ugly someone's face was for this to work  :D

"BART, set the shotgun to Ho" - Homer Simpson  ;D I imagine doing your face in cad pat would take some time  ???

Some people make applying cam a big lengthly ritual.

I don't worry about the pattern, squirt the black and a (little) green into the palm, grind it into your face and your done.

The important thing is to not leave exposed and uncammed skin showing.

Get a mirror. A big splotch of green, smear it all over your face, cover everything, common spots to miss are your ears and your eyelids.

Next, a little bit of brown, make a few  t or x shapes, about an inch long in random places, say one on a check, one on the side of your chin, etc.

Next, a bit of black, not too much, and make a few more t or x shapes, smaller ones then the brown, in a few really high spots, like your forehead, or check bones.

Now smear it all around so it looks like a mess. You're done.

Just remember to not put your cam in a kitty cat face. Sure, it might be cute and creative, but apparently, Major's don't like it.  ;D

Same goes for clown style cam. I saw a couple guys in my platoon get incident reports for not camming up properly.

Baloo said:
Just remember to not put your cam in a kitty cat face
Big Foot said:
Same goes for clown style cam

On a lighter note...I once saw a guy from the ASH of C cam up like SPIDERMAN while playing enemy force. Wow, what a hoot!

One note I will make though is when people say "go light with the black," do exactly that. Otherwise it'll mix in with the other colours and later during the day you'll earn the nickname "Night Stalker" or "Shadow Warrior."

You know what they should invent? A liquid with the viscosity of syrup that is like the dark green part of the cadpat, and then have like pieces of square like confetti that are about the same size as the cadpat squares and proportioned correctly like Cadpat. Easy application. Spreadable CADPAT 8)

Would there be anything wrong with that idea?
Be honest.

A good idea for taking it off would be to have some oxy pads or wet ones. That stuff does terrible damage to your skin and you can end up looking like a pizza. I always carried a small case of wet ones in my rucksack, and everybody used a few.

I remember you use to be able to buy a net from wheelers that was CADPAT in design that fit over your head, looked like you were wearing green pantyhose over you head.

If it aint broke, don't fix it.......someone's always gonna winge about something. Just be happy it's not carcinogenic anymore.

HollywoodHitman,

are you saying I'm whining about the face cam? Because I'm not. I've heard about the old face cam and it sounds like this stuff is alot better, but it still messes up your face if you happen to have bad luck with your skin.

The only way to get the old cam off used to be the industrial grade fly dope they issued. It was like having a stinging giant jellyfish attached to your face. Rather difficult to look cool at sweetwaters with a dirt brown ring around your neck and hands  :p

Back