• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What is the best style of applying face Cam?

Here it is for all to see.  8)

Click it for the full size pic.

You know you have too much time on your hands when....

I just put a different color on each finger and apply it zamboni style.

well ain't it pretty,

That great cam job should last enough for someone to take the picture.  After 5 minutes of doing any type of training it will look like everyone else's; a big dirty blob.

keeners.

tess

CFN. Orange said:
Shes from my unit, She does that cadpat design with a gerber...

That's awesome. Pointless, but still pretty snazzy.

Is she by any chance an Int Op?

CFN. Orange said:
Shes from my unit, She does that cadpat design with a gerber...

It was a Sgt. from my unit who took that pic. We've got it up on display in the hallway of our unit.

good for her, but ive found i just dont have the time or care to put that much effort into it... as long as i can create an effective cam on my face im happy, regardless of how it looks... besides.. i wear glasses.... the cam is kinda redundant when ive got two shiney discs on my face..... :p

I read further back that the old cam stick is Carcinogenic, How "Old" are we talking about?"

Why, because I put cam stick on (Came in the Metal Tubes), about a year back and after about 20min my face absorbed it, like water to a dry sponge. Im still fighting the bad acne, might of gotten worse for the long term because the Cam Stick, I dunno. But I swear about a month later I was squeezing a black head out of my nose and guess what colour it was, Olive Green. Havent used Camstick since.

Now I use whats called Snipers Veil, Similar to a laundry bag, but not shiny and the material is Rough, so sticks and branches stay in the little holes and hang down.

Also, apparently if you put Vaseline on your face, prior to applying Camstick its easier to get off.

There are lot of tips in applying/removing cam.

What I do is put sunscreen on first (it's usually somewhere on your kit during the summer) as a base layer and then apply cam in the diagonal stripes.  3 fingers, 3 colours, wipe.  To remove, water and soap.  Shaving cream'll really help to if you have it (small can or something).  Baby wipes are good too.

Papke said:
I read further back that the old cam stick is Carcinogenic, How "Old" are we talking about?"

Why, because I put cam stick on (Came in the Metal Tubes), about a year back and after about 20min my face absorbed it, like water to a dry sponge.

Anything in the green metal tubes is the old stuff, and it's carginogenic. Don't use it.

Is there a memo floating around or the like, so I can show it to my corps, when the next ex comes around because if I can remember, our Corps still has alot of old camstick. On top of that, I know a few people outside of my corps who still use it as well.

I looked on the DND website and google and but I couldnt find anything. Its not that I dont belive you Just a Sig Op, but I need to prove it to other people.

When I looked around, It did say that it caused cancer. :blotto:

Camming up the face shouldnt take all that long. I'd argue that regardless of technique, the time should be put towards the other, more important aspects of BP........Cadpat face cam?

CFL.......NO DOUBT EH?

Back