• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What rank do you hope to achieve in your CF career?

V

Veteran`s son

Hello everyone

What rank do you hope to achieve in your CF career?

For those of you who have been in the CF for awhile, are you at the rank that you hoped you would be?

I just wanted to be a Private;

After all, growing up, I always wanted to be a soldier, when I became a Private, I fulfilled my childhood dream.

When I was a kid I always wanted to me a Major. Now that I‘m in the CF, I‘ve come to the realization that 2LT or LT is the best place to be ‘cause you get to work on the section/platoon level and are not bogged down by admin work. It‘s sorta like being a Cpl. The only drawback is that you never get any respect. Of course, if you are really cr@ppy at your job, you‘ll just promoted faster!

^Humint, any good officer gets respect.
(Or you‘re just new at the job so no one knows you) ;)

I haven‘t decided whether I want to go officer or NCM route.
So either CWO or LCol for me. :)

I want to go into the Navy, Attain the rank of "Commander", and then change my last name to "Keen"

My dream was to be a Sgt... but they made me a WO. Now I know I‘ll keep going up, but I stopped dreaming long ago...

Supreme Allied Commander. Is that still a rank? ;)

Well, since I‘m still young and joined up young, I wouldn‘t mind making it to CWO... one day. But I‘d be happy to make it to Sgt.

General, until I retire from the CF.

Then Governor-General ;)

I like senior corporal. I get to kick doors, throw grenades, walk point on patrols, basically get to fight. The higher up you go the less physically involved you are in stuff like that.

The higher up you go the less physically involved you are in stuff like that.
But after spending a few years in the infantry, I would imagine that you would be too old and/or worn to do physical stuff of a lower ranking member. So that‘s why a higher ranking job with less physical involvement makes sense for the experienced army guys.

Nobody wants to be a Cpl for life, except Lui of course.

I dunno; once you get your leaf, you have ALOT of paperwork and crap to take care of.

Well because of my last name everyone calls me "Field marshall" but I have my sights set on being a Sgt.

If I had ever been a CF member, I know the rank I would want to achieve without a doubt!

I would want to be a Corporal for my entire military career; that was the rank that my father had when he retired from the CF. :)

my dream has always been to end up being a captain in my 40‘s.
According to the opposition white paper "the new north strong and free",
Changes are also required to simplify the rank structure. Presently privates total
only about ten percent of the CF. Again as Professor Jack Granatstein said in
1997, “... with eighteen ranks between private and general, there are probably six
to eight ranks too many [with] ... a plethora of master corporals”. “Ranks”, he said
“should be rolled back at all levels”.26
i dunno why i threw that in...o , yeah apparently we have a lot of useless ranks taht should be done away with.

Here is another topic to which members may like to contribute! :)
Thank you!

~RoKo~ said:
I want to go into the Navy, Attain the rank of "Commander", and then change my last name to "Keen"

Mouahahahahahaa!!  :blotto:  What a good one!!  :dontpanic:

Commander Keen rock!!

Am I the only one who finds it funny??  Or the only one who talks about it??  ???

Admiral, at which point I will have turned Canada's navy into the fittest sailing and fighting force the world has ever seen. We'll be the envy of so many countries that we will have to annex America just to fit all of our ships and sailors into ports.

And then I hope to win a nobel-peace prize for my contribution in resolving the middle-east conflict, bringing peace between the "west" and "east",reconciling all sects of the Islamic faith and creating a true "Arabia" one without borders and nation-states, the bain of the Arab people.

Afterwards I'll be knighted by the Queen (Um..King by then I presume) and I'll retire to my luxurious 2 bedroom bungalo in Birmingham with the most beautiful English women I've ever set eyes on (yes they do exist surprisingly) where I'll write my memoirs die an old man who was already dead on the inside as he watched the peaceful world he's created lapse into the common human cycle of destruction and death at the hands of someone or something.

...Short term goals are start my research paper next week and Ace my midterms, move out of my shyte little apartment back into my parents basement and pass my MARS qualification...
Alright Ideally I'd like to one-up my dad and be a commodore.

Back